Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 08-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #46
RC45
Regular User

Or eBay "anywhere else"
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:35 AM   #47
Vansquish
Regular User

I don't know for sure, but I imagine they're still producing the DFP, I saw some in the CompUSA near where I live within the last 2 days.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:09 AM   #48
LAMBOR
Regular User

Just giving my personal opinion about DFP, i think nobody minds.

I don't know if the problem is me or my model was a bad one.

First the coating layer started to get off quickly on the hands zone, maybe because it's too sticky, leather would be a lot better.
Then when braking quick and hard, in my house floor, the pedals slided a bit. Problem solved by attaching under an iron bar with about 2 kilos.

Another detail is the gearshift knob, i think it has too much electronic feel (you can hear the micro-switch tik-tak) and too short movement travel, i would like a more mechanical touch.

The worst part was one day when did the first turn and the wheel slided on the desk table. Picked something to squeeze that odd "screws" a bit more, and when i barely touched it cracked. Went to the shop, and no warranty for that. I understand that i squeezed in earlier times maybe a little too much, because my desk table is in Formica, and the DFP moves a bit (IT DON'T HAS ANY KIND OF RUBBER BAND under to prevent this).
Problem solved by opening it (loose warranty) and make a new broken piece in alluminium.

By now with more than 7000Kms on it, it's working well. I never buyed any other model or brand before, but for what i've read, maybe it's the best you can buy, specially with the 900° feature.
LAMBOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:38 AM   #49
LAMBOR
Regular User

I almost forgot to say that i added some self adhesive rubber bands under the DFP in order to give more stability on the table desk.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:54 AM   #50
digo

What is Rubber bands?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #51
exhausted mules
Regular User

all these problems you guys are talking about...

never happened to me.

i tighten the screws nice and tight (by hand as its meant) and it never moves around.

the pedals? they have rubber pads under them for hardwood and huge grips for carpet..

no. they dont move.

the pedals still feel like new. i've been using the wheel for over 20000 kms and the left side of the wheel is just STARTING to wear off the little imperfections on the valleys on the dips of the casting (read: it'll go for another 1500000000 kms before having to trade in)

i dont know what you guys are doing to this thing but... its we'll built.

if you mashing the pedals. griping the steering wheel like king kong and shifting like its a 1920's ratrod.....

lock yourself in a room. never come out. dont ever ome close to anything to would even resemble a motor vehicle. and pls... pls... plss.. stay away from any video games.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #52
LAMBOR
Regular User

Originally Posted by exhausted mules
i dont know what you guys are doing to this thing but... its we'll built.

if you mashing the pedals. griping the steering wheel like king kong and shifting like its a 1920's ratrod.....

lock yourself in a room. never come out. dont ever ome close to anything to would even resemble a motor vehicle. and pls... pls... plss.. stay away from any video games.
1st My floor don't have carpet, it's in cork polished varnish, and originally DFP slipped a little. You don't have to be King Kong!

2nd My table desk is in formica, case you don't know plastic slips very well on that (it doesn't if it had some rubber pads like the pedals).

3rd The gear knob only seems to me lacking in mechanic feel.

4th I cannot lock myself in my living room, because i must work in order to pay expenses, mines and my own kids, maybe you should lock yourself instead and stop criticize someone with patiente on giving some personal experience OK?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #53
LAMBOR
Regular User

Maybe your nickname says all of you...
Old 08-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #54
exhausted mules
Regular User

Originally Posted by LAMBOR
Maybe your nickname says all of you...
take it easy bud.

i was kidding (obviously) about looking yourself in the room.

for the slipping no the formica. go buy some rubber sticky pads... and place then under and on those grips for the wheels.

and you wouldn't even begin to understand what my nick is about...

so... dont even try it.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #55
RC45
Regular User

Maybe both all y'all should use more smilies... :fist:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #56
exhausted mules
Regular User

thanks for the advice rc45

here's one for you :fist:
Old 08-28-2005, 04:17 PM   #57
digo

Hello Dudes..
I have got the wheel driving force ( not pro model) and i play in gran turismo 4 but there is one problem.. When i drive the whell is like automaticly helping to drive, its like i got it to one side and its automaticaly goes to the other side and i want to disable it... someone knows how?