Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Sports Car Forum > Photo of the Month

Photo of the Month The MotorWorld 'Photo of the Month' Competition

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite?
P_Zero_Rosso 13 5.39%
pzgren 18 7.47%
TT 20 8.30%
dingo 26 10.79%
MIHALS 6 2.49%
Smylait 12 4.98%
80ssportlover 4 1.66%
eurocopter 17 7.05%
sl55kleemann 1 0.41%
twboy1999 11 4.56%
komotar 8 3.32%
nthfinity 3 1.24%
salegosse 21 8.71%
Wutputt 10 4.15%
dani_d_mas 23 9.54%
Polouser 5 2.07%
stmoritzer 15 6.22%
dodo 25 10.37%
Titanboy_24 1 0.41%
magwheel 2 0.83%
speedracer38 0 0%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default PHOTO OF THE MONTH MAY SUBMISSIONS

P_Zero_Rosso, BMW E46 M3, Porsche Cayenne S, Mini Cooper S

pzgren, Porsche 996 Carrera

TT, Lamborghini Miura SV

Dingo, Mercedes-Benz CLS55 AMG

MIHALS, Porsche 997

Smylait, Ferrari Enzo

80ssportlover, Lamborghini Diablo

eurocopter, Land Rover Range Rover Sport

sl55kleemann, Ferrari 456GT

twboy1999, BMW E60 M5

komotar, Alfa Romeo 159

nthfinity, BMW E60 M5

salegosse, Lamborghini Miura and Ferrari Dino

Wutputt, Bugatti Veyron

dani_d_mas, Citroen Xsara WRC

Polouser, Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG

stmoritzer, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

dodo, Lamborghini Gallado

Titanboy_24, Ferrari 360 Modena

magwheel, Ford GT

Speedracer38, Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06
Old 03-31-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

So, before placing my vote, let's try to spend some words about every picture. As always, if I criticize something it is not because I consider myself above the person, an expert or whatever.. I just post my impressions as the photonut I am, period personal preferences are just that and if critics can help somebody improve, that's even better!

P_zero - Well, this is a great picture.. cars placed like you wanted, good light, good winterish colors. Personally I would have moved the frame a bit upward, but it's just me
pzgren - nice cars in unusual conditions are always a thrill. A Carrera in such snowy conditions is very nice to my eyes. Now that Spring is coming, the pic looks a bit "outdated" LOL, but damn cool
TT - holy shit, that's a frigging Miura
dingo - your art is improving with minutes passing: every shoot is leagues better than the preview, which already was perfect With the CLS you outdone yourself again and this picture is organismic good! The kind of pic I would have liked to shoot myself :good:
MIHALS - This is a simple one. nice car at evening/night with a tripod. Always cool! Once again, the frame is too low IMO.
Smylait - Stunning pic: rare car in front of an hotel and nobody around. You obviously had to have a pretty tight frame to have the car alone, but we know in Paris it is impossible to shoot a wide angle picture showing the hotel, the car and still no other cars or ppl, so, considering the conditions, you did a perfect job! Very nice light and colors too
80ssport - Nice and tidy. Could be used by that dealer for their ads actually. A bit of a pity you can barely see F50 and F1 behind the Diablo.. they would add to the drama, but nonetheless, great pic!
eurocopter - not a supercar, yet a superb picture! Amazing setting, I just love it!
sl55kleemann - this is a nice picture of a nice Ferrari, the tight frame is ok and all, but it's just too simple IMO. Well exectured, but a bit plain probably. The grey sky doesn't help
twboy - another cool setting, well staged! Good contrast between the wall and the M5 :good:
komotar - this one put me on my ass Cyril! YOu have many occasions to shoot nice picture and you always find nice locations! it's a pleasure to briwse your topics! is the light inside the 159 lit on? If so, on purpose? because I like how the inside is well lit too.
nth - sweet one, I love all the car's lights play an important role in the final result!
salegosse - almost boring to comment your pics.. they are always well framed, the cars are always top notch and there is never a detail which looks out of place. And hell, that's a Miura
Wutputt - the most original picture hands down! Well spotted!
dani - when you first put this pic in your signature I was on my ass! The high-res is even better, this is pro stuff, nice choice of location to shoot flying WRC cars :shock:
[bPolouser[/b] - sweet night shot of a nice car. trail lights are always fun but not sure it was a good idea to tilt the camera/picture
stmoritzer - woha! For a moment I though the SLR would jump out of the fucking screen! This is a pure beauty: the SLR is really nice when shoot with a wide angle up close from the front! Only downside for you: you used already a silver SLR last month and already got awarded with a second spot
dodo - again a night shot, again trail lights. Beautifull. The car behind the Gallardo (Clio?) spoils it a little bit, but not too much
titanboy - not a frantic car, but a good pic with good light and all!
magwheel - very sweet driveway picture! Even sweeter if we thing it is yours and another 4 or 5 supercars hide somewhere nearby
speedracer - very mean looking Z06 :good: and well exectuted panning shot.

Many nice pics, but IMO three of them really stand out: dingo's, dani's and komotar's. To pic one was fucking hard and I started to think about it some days ago actually! I'd like to go with dani, but racing/rally cars' pics are not my coup of tea.. so I am left with dingo's CLS55 and komotar's 159... two great pics but the 159 is brutally perfect. I am in love!

Cyril, you got my vote this month good luck to everybody!!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

every month, i think this is getting harder to choose my favorite

there are a lot of real nice situations going on here... but just lacked the right zoom, or angle, or proportion; but otherwise great shots.

p_zero:
this shot is great, and made it very difficult for me not to choose it. great contrast, great proportions, great depth of field.
pzgren:
a bit of practice, and you'll be up there with some of the other WYST hunters, a great situation; but not the best proportions, or angle.
TT:
the background and foreground are clearly separate, but the only thing that it just didn't have much contrast to it, or that the background is so close to the subject. otherwise, a great photo of a Muira damn she is sexy!
Dingo:
the sunset, the lights on the sunset... i can feel the momentum building up under the hood, as the CLS55 is about to pounce its prey the clearly defined lines bring this one up to the front for me, as its such deep contrast. -->my vote
Mihals:
a nice pic of a 997 that you coudln't have done much different with... perhaps angled slightly down... no clouds hurt the photo, but its really quite good IMO.
Smylait:
many other cars, this shot would look great (with a polarizer) but the Enzo's front profile is really hard to look at for me... many other cars, it would look great, but here it looks odd, and out of place.
80ssportlover:
ouch, such a hard thing to do to shoot a black car against a white backdrop... photshop may have been able to reduce the exposure of the building a little to bring out more contrast.... the background and foregrownd are just so overexposed... still, a nice photo... im guessing an early Diablo based on those wheels... they look almost more like giant countach wheels.
eurocopter:
Amazing photo!!! i can find nothing to descriminate against; you were also somebody hard not to vote for, great contrast, and great angles built behind the land rover
sl55kleenmann:
black sure is hard to photograph... it just looks another case of overexposed/underexposed because of the bright background, and dark car.
twboy:
the car is just too dead center for me... the wall offers great contrast, so i would've gotten a closer shot, or zoomed ina bit. great depth of field; and a great color
komotar:
damn, another one i have a hard time not voting for! i cant even guess what goes through your mind when scouting out locations you may never have been to, and see such awsome backgrounds, with great angled substance if only the car looked better... for an alfa, that just doesn't seem awsome to me.
nthfinity:
perfect photo!
salegosse:
there isnt much going on in the upper third... other then that, i like it better then TT's side profile great contrast!
wutputt:
what a unique photo; definate style points here... i bet it was damn hard to get a clean shot of the Bugatti
Dani:
great photo, it works very well. looks like somebody was videotaping you
Polouser:
i like the picture... and Silver mercs work very well at night IMO. something seems off about the plane of the picture... tilting would have helped... the perspective is a little odd.
stmoritzer:
the glass reflection is pretty heavy, but im guessing you were killing another light source? its a great photo that makes me think of TG for some reason
dodo:
a real nice situation; but the other taller cars behind the lambo take it off of "top honors" for me.
titanboy:
so many head-on shots this month! yours is my favorite of the three... ps could've brought the roof-line to horizontal, then it would look a wee bit better
magwhee:
one mighty beast there the Carl Zeiss lens on your sony always produces very sharp images... something i loved about my last camera a real nice angle, but perhaps not the greatest background compared to some of these other guys here thanks for sharing :fadein:
speed_racer:
a little more saturation... but that comes as spring does. a real nice track day photo... perhaps not zoomed in enough.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
adamwich
Regular User

Some really nice sightings and pictures this month!

but i have to give Smylait my vote, for the very nice Ferrari Enzo picture.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:27 PM   #5
Hovik
Regular User

TT...

You forgot to put Jason - Speedracer38 on the list.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:34 PM   #6
raphaelws

my vote goes to.. smylait with the Enzo..
PERFECT!!!! congrats!!