Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 04-04-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
bmwfreak
Regular User

Default The cars we have at home.

OK, just wanted to share the various methods of transportation we have at home. (=

^ This is mom's September 2002 E46 318Ci Convertible.

^This is my daily driver. The Brits might notice it to be the Perodua Kelisa (James May apparently loved the way it went), although it does look abit ricer-ish, i admit. Got it in January 2002. Put a body kit and all, and changed the rims, lowered the ride height. Great way to learn lift-off oversteer and handbrake turns and reverse flicks though (= Quite a forgiving chassis. BUt no, no engine mods, not yet anyway. And the flags on the bonnet and the little flag stuck to the A-pillar are gone. They were there to celebrate our National Day, which passed a long time ago.

^ This is dad's October 2000 E240 E-Class Avantgarde. It's sort of like the status car around here, what you buy when you 'make it'. Dad put off buying for years, making sure all other finances, imagined or otherwise, were more than rock solid before he indulged (admittedly he could afford alot more, but I digress).

As you can see from the first pic, which is my home's driveway, you can see the Kelisa and Merc behind the Bimmer. The white van in the background is just a van, made by Perodua, only sold in Malaysia. But its indecently quick, hehe. A great sleeper vehicle. We've surprised some riced-up Proton Wiras and Impians with that van.

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
bmwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:08 PM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

thats not bad, i like ur car (exept 4 the color) haha
and right now we dont have alot of cars in the garage because we left some of them back in mex. bute right now we have:
benz clk 320(dad)
nissan 300zx (mine) but my bro uses it to take us to school.
yukon xl(mom)
and we also have a seat 600 which is in a garage in mexico and also a jeep wagoneer which my dad bought to "fix up" but hes been doing that quite alot lately and they just end up as a lost of money and time, but i like it, he lifted it up like 6 inches or somethinf like that, put new sets, and painted it blk , so i would like to use it to go to school or something and the 300 for evewhere else but i dont know when we r going to bring it here
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:22 PM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

All Malaysians seem to be loaded What you guys do there?

Nice cars BTW.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:34 PM   #4
bmwfreak
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
All Malaysians seem to be loaded What you guys do there?

Nice cars BTW.
If your;e talking about adlinyusman, that guy's, well, way out of our league, i think. An F355! Oh well. Either that or my parents are intent on staying low-profile.

We're normal ppl too. Mom and Dad have worked their socks off for twenty two years, mom with her private orthodontic practice, and dad with his businesses, and only recently have they felt like indulging in cars. WE're all BMW freaks in the family (LoL) except for Dad. I cant get him to trade in his E-Class for either an E39 M5 (starting to look VERY affordable now), or an E60 530d/530i.

MOm wants to sell the E46, and wants a Z4. BUt since we dont have one, i will just STFU on that one (=.

Thanks, about the cars.

^Home.

///M

Old 04-05-2004, 05:13 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

Nice cars and I love your driveway
Old 04-05-2004, 07:08 AM   #6
Erdmann
Regular User

yes I like your driveway too, and your cars.

@TT: Nice Audi S6, like the Car. )
Erdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:02 AM   #7
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Nice E classe, that's the only car I liked on your driveway.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:12 AM   #8
Gilles27
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
and right now we dont have alot of cars in the garage because we left some of them back in mex. bute right now we have:
benz clk 320(dad)
yukon xl(mom)
and we also have a seat 600 which is in a garage in mexico and also a jeep wagoneer which my dad bought to "fix up" but hes been doing that quite alot lately and they just end up as a lost of money and time, but i like it, he lifted it up like 6 inches or somethinf like that, put new sets, and painted it blk , so i would like to use it to go to school or something and the 300 for evewhere else but i dont know when we r going to bring it here

Do you have a Seat 600?? In the USA?? If you donĀ“t Know this car in my country (Spain) is like the Betlee in Germay or the Mini in GB. The Spanish Car for excelent. My dad whe was my age had one.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:13 AM   #9
stracing
Regular User

i think malaysians are either loaded or they're not. there's no in between. a few frens from malaysia and they're all loaded. but then again only the rich from overseas can study in australia.
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:39 AM   #10
bmwfreak
Regular User

would you believe that that driveway took more or less three days to lay down and put together after the ground had been leveled out? It's a recent addition, only added ladt year in november, pretty good quality fit and finish.

If anyone's interested, i'll post up pics of my house or something. AS far as i know, no one from the forum comes from where i do, so there's a less likely chance of my house getting firebombed or seomthing (=

^Home.

///M

Old 04-05-2004, 08:41 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

And why should somebody firebomb your house just because you posted pics? If somebody is out there, ready to hit, he will probably do it anyway even if he never heard about JW
Old 04-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #12
bmwfreak
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
And why should somebody firebomb your house just because you posted pics? If somebody is out there, ready to hit, he will probably do it anyway even if he never heard about JW
True, i suppose, TT. It was meant as a joke anyways. I knwo my house cant compare to Big daddy's. (=

Thing is, my car has already had a brick thrown through the back window. This happened a little while back. A pic of that will follow, once i can find it.

^Home.

///M

Old 04-09-2004, 05:28 PM   #13
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by Gilles27
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
benz clk 320(dad)
yukon xl(mom)

Do you have a Seat 600?? In the USA?? If you donĀ“t Know this car in my country (Spain) is like the Betlee in Germay or the Mini in GB. The Spanish Car for excelent. My dad whe was my age had one.
well my dad bought it in spain, and then he sent it to mexico(thanks to some "friends") and it was going to be harder to bring it to houston so we just left it with a friends garage in mexico, its in good hands, i have 3 pics of it:
http://community.webshots.com/album/129964272rqspvi
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:49 PM   #14
bmwfreak
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
i think malaysians are either loaded or they're not. there's no in between. a few frens from malaysia and they're all loaded. but then again only the rich from overseas can study in australia.
Haha, i just noticed this, so i'll reply it anyway, even though its old. There are plenty of rich people who stay home too, way more comfrotable than we are. Besides, its cheaper to study at home, and i do not think that the education is inferior to any other country in the world.

I have plenty of old classmates who;ve gone practically everywhere. The US, UK, Aus, NZ, etc. YOu dont happen to be in Melbourne do you? Many of my friends are there.

^Home.

///M