Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 07-06-2006, 02:48 AM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Top Gear : S8 EP6 : 16th July, 2006 - Discussion

They're back ! ! !

After lambasting caravans over the years, the team embark on a caravanning holiday in Dorset. With the help of the Totyota Formula One Team, The Stig and a very large building, the lads try to find out how fast you can drive indoors. Film star Brian Cox is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car, plus there's test-drives for the Vauxhall VXR, Mazda 6 MPS and Mondeo ST220.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:31 AM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Not an extraordinary line-up But they usually succeed in turning even worst cars into a great show
Old 07-06-2006, 04:18 AM   #3
nickthaskater

I'm still praying they pull out and surprise us with a Veyron test on their track :puppydogeyes:
Old 07-06-2006, 04:39 AM   #4
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
I'm still praying they pull out and surprise us with a Veyron test on their track :puppydogeyes:
speaking of that, there have been some rumors around the net about VW letting the TG boys test the Veyron around the track after the World cup finishes. nothing official so far.

Old 07-06-2006, 04:57 AM   #5
nickthaskater

Yea I know about the rumours, that's what I was referring to haha
Old 07-06-2006, 06:34 AM   #6
nickthaskater

After what happened with the CCX, I think the chances took a nose dive... </3
Old 07-06-2006, 06:42 AM   #7
saadie
Regular User

lol .... not really ....
the crash proved how safe the car is ..for drivers .. .
big copanies dont look at small negetive aspects
Old 07-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #8
nickthaskater

Running into a tire wall isn't exactly life threatening, but it did damage the car, and I doubt Bugatti would be very keen on handing over a car with even more power, and one that is worth twice as much, with a good chance of it getting damaged.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #9
martin100
Regular User

Even if the ep doesn´t sound that good i´m sure they´ll somehow manage to make it VERY entertaining as always. It can only get better then the last 5th Gear eps of course.
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #10
nickthaskater

I realize that, but it's the fact that he did it at all. I know if I were sitting at the head of Bugatti, that would've affected my decision of sending a Veyron over to TG to have them run the balls off of it. I mean, if they don't push the car, then there's really no point in sending it at all because the lap time would just be misleading.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #11
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

HAs anyone noticed how hard fifth gear are trying to make their episodes funny, first they try some silly monkey thing with tom when he was testing that hydrogen car and the most recent one was vicki making a public apology. IMO it isn't funny at all, just a pathetic attempt to compete with top gear.
Oh n this episode may not sound good but I'm sure it will be as funny as every other ep even if the cars aren't super fast. Besides looking forward to the toyota f1 indoor driving bit.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #12
vexor
Regular User

Pics from this weeks feature Stiggy and the Toyota F1 car

** Major Spoiler Warning **

In the space of just over a week, Toyota's Formula 1 activities have taken it from the legendary wide open banking of Indianapolis to a course just 384 metres long inside ExCeL, the new home of the British International Motor Show. The vast exhibition hall in London's Docklands was the arena for the UK's first indoor F1 trial on Monday, with the Panasonic Toyota Racing TF105 demonstrating its prodigious straight-line acceleration and braking power for BBC Television's Top Gear programme.

As a high-octane curtain-raiser for Toyota's contribution to this year's motor show, the test has no equal. Piloted by "The Stig", the V10-powered TF105 was tweaked to cope with the exceptional conditions, not least the ultra-smooth surface. Slick Bridgestone tyres were fitted, gear ratios were adjusted, brakes were pre-warmed, maximum revs were reduced from around 19,000 to 16,000 and the car's traction control system was working at full capacity.

Just how the race car performed, compared to Top Gear's more modest "Reasonably Priced Car", will be revealed in the programme scheduled for transmission at 8.00pm on BBC2 on Sunday, 16 July. The same day, in the real world of Grand Prix competition, Panasonic Toyota Racing will be looking to build on its impressive showing at Indianapolis, where Jarno Trulli claimed an impressive fourth place result, and challenge for a podium finish at the French Grand Prix.

Last weekend, the Toyota TF105 thrilled the crowds at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, with official test driver Ricardo Zonta at the wheel. The F1 car ran a total of six times on the famous hill climb, with the last run reserved for the customary tyre tread laying 'burnout'.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
chest3r
Regular User

An F1 car under a covered area :shock: :shock: The sound will be insane !! Can't wait 8)
Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #14
dylan99
Regular User

This episode should be great!!! Every tim the guys from Top Gear surprise us and let us enjoy cars even more!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #15
saadie
Regular User

only 4 days to go ...

cant wait