Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Sports Car Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here. Make new friends and get to know other members.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
styla21
Regular User

Default Excellence in Posting

Nth, You do a remarkable job as an Admin.
In the interest of being constructive, could the following please be viewed objectively.

A thread that is centered around a topic, is effectively a multi-person conversation. Conversations progress and evolve. And on occasion, such as in this thread, remarkable comments or accusations are asserted, and are instinctively met with a response.

I feel that unnecessary censorship harms topics.

I acknowledge that slanging matches that degenerate and get "off-topic" are useless and degrade the overall quality of the conversations present. At what point does admin discretion kick in? As in this case, where posts were made by an inflammatory troll and they were met controlled critique from RC and I. Further, said troll was then offered a solution to mend-his-ills, by way of politely suggesting to post a custom shot. He was encouraged to act with a better grace; to act up and enjoy this place. This is not unreasonable.

When outrageous comments are made, it appears that there are only two choices. 1. Respond to said outrageousness, or 2. start a completely new topic concerning the problem, which only creates clutter and useless, unnecesary topics.

MW has a pretty chilled out core group. I couldn't really give a !@#$ about a troll who I have never met, who wants to pretend he has a porsche in his garage. But on occasion, if I wish, if there is blatant disrespect to a valued member, or to the ethos and modus-operandi of MW, I should have the option to comment and advise my opinion of what's appropriate. And shit, if someone is passionate about something, as I am about this community, it should be ok to stand behind what is right and be proactive about promoting the 'rules and ethics' that go hand-in-hand in belonging here.

Ultimately, I understand the underlying importance that the Admin team uphold, is to ensure a threads integrity remains intact. Censorship therefore, is sometimes a forced necessity. But equally important, is a members passion, and their proactive response that are made in order to see MW grow in the best way possible.

Last edited by nthfinity; 02-22-2008 at 12:37 AM.
styla21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
RC45
Regular User

^^^ Very eloquantly said
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Styla, I appreciate the comment... Splitting the topic again now... That was remarkably well said, and I shall sticky it ( although the brown-nosing thing isn't necessary I'm only decent... I'm sure there are more ethically, and technically challenged admin's and moderator's out there.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

But the real question is, will you let future such exchanges stand rather than sweep them under the mat? Afterall, there might be such a thing as too much clean up
Old 02-22-2008, 01:05 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

It depends on the situation. There wasn't anything actually discussed in the posts this last time.... If there is something besides continuous trolling, then I'd leave it; and have left it.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
It depends on the situation. There wasn't anything actually discussed in the posts this last time.... If there is something besides continuous trolling, then I'd leave it; and have left it.
I think Styla and I just dont like that our very well constructed and tempered responses will never be read by future trolls, losers and low lifes... our stuff was Pulitzer material man.. hell, I even bought a subscription to WebstersThesaurus.com
Old 02-22-2008, 05:44 AM   #7
styla21
Regular User

LMAO, thread was split again!! I love it!

This sets the template for even communist China to follow, in supression of speech. J/K

I guess this is a recognition of thread-dialogue-integrity, but also a caveat over our actions toward trolls, who will straight up cop it if they are out of line.. And our desire to keep these blasts from being 'edited' or removed. Besides, RC has a subscription to use