Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-21-2005, 01:50 PM   #16
oantob
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Originally Posted by mindgam3
GT3 didnt have under/oversteer ASM which comes in fairly handy.

For example, if you're car changes direction quickly because you've set it up with quite a bit of toe out - your car will naturally oversteer.

If you then put the oversteer ASM up to 3 or 4 depending on car, you'll have a car that changes direction quickly but does not oversteer

Generally, if you whack oversteer to 0 and understeer to 20, it will make your car turn in alot better. If your car naturally is oversteery though, setting it up like this will make your car very fidgety and skittish
And it will help you learn to use the brakes when turning also am I correct?

BTW I have been told by alot of people on AIM that they dont like the F1 car becuase it oversteers too much so I told them ot go to the suspensions settings and lower the spring rates all the way and go drive and the found it to be better! So you guys might wanna try that out espicially at a track like the ring!
Well at the ring it could be many thing effecting oversteer with the bumps and everything.

Generally, oversteer means the rear hasn't got enough grip, so you need to soften up the rear spring rate to give it more grip, not the front. On the ring obviously its very bumpy, so lowering the dampers bounce a few points nad maybe the rebound one will help it grip alot more. On a fidgety car like the caterham you need to mess around with cambers to get that last bit of grip.

Haven't played too much with the F1 car myself but these change in settings have definately worked for most cars ive worked on around the 'ring.

If your car is understeering, stiffen the back compared to the front, or soften the front springs.
but for oversteer you could also harden up the front spring, if the rear spring rate already right...
what track you used for suspension setting? I usually use the deep forest, or the autum ring...these tracks gives good feedback...
what about down force? as far as I know, if the car is over than setting the downforce more at rear to maximize the grip, and for under, setting the downforce more at front...
Old 03-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #17
mindgam3
Regular User

I usually use midfield as its got long straights, fast switch backs, a few long slow corners that will punish understeering cars and a fast corner to very slow hairpin which if you want to get through quickly will neeed a very good car.

Unless its a high speed course, i tend to leave all downforce at maximum and try and fiddle everything else as this will give best grip
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:39 PM   #18
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
Originally Posted by LAMBOR
Hey guys, just a basic question. Is there any way of playing GT4 besides the PS2, like for instance PC using some kind of emulator or else?

If not will it be lauched a later PC version?
there is one easy answer for this no..
it is only available on PS2 and there is no PS2 emulator, and even if there was it would run the game like crap.. buy a PS2 sorry there is no easy way..

and can someone PLEASEEEE make a guide of what cars are recommended for easy race please, lol im only at 35% and im sick of buying cars for races spending all my money on them only for them to peform like crap no matter what i do!!

Hmm....doesnt sound bad! I will when I get free time but for now mind if you just ask us here in this thread and then we can help you out?

Updated the FAQ's!!! Keep the questions coming!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:41 PM   #19
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Updated! I added a link on how to play GT4 online! If you need anything else please feel free to ask!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:54 PM   #20
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Update and a sticky would be cool!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:11 AM   #21
oantob
Regular User

Guys...I have a simple question. Did you know if you take your car to a tunners area, there you could find a new stage for the Suspension called the original and Turbo called the stage 5 or the original (if its a turbo car)...If you take your car to the official tunner, you won't see that... If this stage is better then the official tunner? and what is the difference from the original tunner and the JDM tunners...
Old 03-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #22
Pimp Racer
Regular User

I dont think there is a stage 5 turbo? And there is no difference if you get a turbo from Honda or a Turbo from HKS or something.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:04 AM   #23
evoWalo
Regular User

Updated! I added a link on how to play GT4 online! If you need anything else please feel free to ask!
Have you got this work using the PS2's i.Link/Firewire/IEEE1394a? I dont have a PSTwo.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:06 AM   #24
RC45
Regular User

GT4 doesn't support iLink... GT3 does though.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:12 AM   #25
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
oh crud...
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:19 AM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by evoWALO
oh crud...
We (the family) were all really dissapointed once we found out how crap the 2 player options on GT4 were.

We were all set to have 2 PS2's playing GT4 vs each other with wheels and all - and the ability to use the simulaiton mode tuned cars.

But the truth is, it is about as pathetic as PGR2 - you are stuck with stock cars... and it seems not even racing tyres.. only sport tyres..

The truth is that GT4 is simply GT3 with more cars when itcomes to limked battles...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:08 AM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

I dont think there is a stage 5 turbo? And there is no difference if you get a turbo from Honda or a Turbo from HKS or something.
There is a stage 5 turbo, but not for all cars. There is however no difference between the first 4 stage when compare to tunning in the tuners village or in the manufacture tuning place.

oh crud...
The truth is that GT4 is simply GT3 with more cars when itcomes to limked battles...
Well, it also include "the ring".
Old 03-29-2005, 04:30 AM   #28
evoWalo
Regular User

I really wasnt expecting "jee wiz" improvements on the GT4. The PS2's about 5 years old already. I am impressed though at the lengths Polyphony was able to go beyond the limitations of the PS2 to delvier 1080i HDTV signals and streaming data to bypass the RAM limitation.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 AM   #29
oantob
Regular User

there is a turbo stage 5 called the original, and also the suspension stage 4 or called the original...and I could prove it, if you have evo 8 for example, take your evo to tunners like hks or mines...then you choose the turbo or suspension part. althou the turbo stage 5 got less power then the turbo stage 4, but the turbo lag reduced...try it
Old 04-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #30
Pimp Racer
Regular User

I really wasnt expecting "jee wiz" improvements on the GT4. The PS2's about 5 years old already. I am impressed though at the lengths Polyphony was able to go beyond the limitations of the PS2 to delvier 1080i HDTV signals and streaming data to bypass the RAM limitation.
Me either.

Originally Posted by oantob
there is a turbo stage 5 called the original, and also the suspension stage 4 or called the original...and I could prove it, if you have evo 8 for example, take your evo to tunners like hks or mines...then you choose the turbo or suspension part. althou the turbo stage 5 got less power then the turbo stage 4, but the turbo lag reduced...try it

!