Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #1
Shinigami
Regular User

I packed my trunk relatively full for my trip across several European countries, but being just the two of us, I could still close the "safety" sheet in order to open up the top whilst zooming down German, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Finnish highways

If you know how, you can fit quite a bit of stuff into a two seater/convertible
Old 07-24-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Damn man you made this tread a bit too late.
If you would have made it earlier (About a month or two) I would have taken a pic. Because when we go on a trip we load the pimp mobile....I mean minivan up!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
Mattk
Regular User

Heavens, Phobo!

That reminds me of something that happened earlier this year. My uni's debating society convened a one-day debating tournament, and the organisers had organised for some finger buns to be delivered. They were delivered on large plastic crate-like containers, and when the day was finished, me and the president were stuffing around 5 or 6 of these things into her Corolla. She refused to put the back seat down, so we just put whatever didn't fit in the boot into the back seat, severely hampering rear vision in the process.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
TT
Regular User

Dang, too bad I don't have pics: with my old 106 I became a master of packing! We were used to use tons of small bags instead of normal ones ppl would use, so it was easy to put them everywhere in the car
Old 07-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
Vansquish
Regular User

Well...when we had a three-door Ford Focus we ended up fitting 8 people in it on the way to a football (the American variety) game. There was my dad driving, my brother and I next to each other on the front seat, four friends in the back seat and one kid in the trunk...fortunately it wasn't a long way to drive.

The best real packing job that I can remember though is when my mom, brother, a friend and I drove to St. Louis with luggage for the four of us and my friend's cello. All the luggage, cello included, fit in the trunk of the Mazda 6 we had at the time so we had plenty of room in the car.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
DeMoN
Regular User

not that packed on my ocation as my G35's ass is big from outside, but tiny inside. Thats a wholelotta packing man!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:17 AM   #7
Mattk
Regular User

My friend's dad once told me of how one day during university, him and some friends decided to pack a whole bunch of people into a friend's Mini Cooper, and ended up fitting 11.