Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #31
blue8
Regular User

^
"It's extremely difficult to deal with two such competitive drivers," said Dennis. "There are definite pressures within the team. We make no secret of it. They are both very competitive, and they both want to win, and we are trying our very hardest to balance those pressures."

On Saturday, it had been agreed that Alonso would make the final pit stop before Hamilton, but the 22-year-old championship leader disobeyed team orders by not letting the Spaniard pass him. According to Dennis, the resulting confusion led to the situation where Hamilton did not exit the pits in time to challenge Alonso's late fastest lap.

"They were out of sequence because Lewis should have slowed and let Fernando past. And he didn't. He charged off," said the McLaren chief. "In this instance, it was Fernando's time to get the advantage of the longer fuel burn. The arrangement was, okay, we're down at the end of the pitlane, we reverse positions in the first lap. That didn't occur as arranged. That was somewhat disappointing and caused some tensions on the pitwall."

"We were, from that moment on, out of sequence because the cars were in the wrong place on the circuit and that unfolded into the pit stops. It complicated the situation into the result, which was Lewis not getting his final timed lap."

Hamilton admitted that he did disobey the team orders but he felt that there had still been enough time for both he and Alonso to squeeze in the extra lap.

"I didn't want to mess up my opportunity by changing places or whatever there was to do, and be open to being overtaken by Kimi and losing my place," said the Briton. "Then it would have not allowed me to get an extra lap. So that's why we had the disagreement, because I didn't agree with it and I didn't do what they wanted me to do."

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:08 AM   #32
saadie
Regular User

ok so .... alonso is penalised ... he goes back to 6th place on the grid .... check it out at formula1.com

ok im late... but whatever
Old 08-05-2007, 06:20 AM   #33
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

great shit... Hope he ownes the race or at least he doesnt lose more than 2 points with lewis... everything was team orders and Fernand.o is punished... Lmao... Joaquin Verdegay, Fia commissioner, cant believe the punish to Alonso, hes a commissioner, and he says theres no rule infraction to punish Alonso with 5 positions, I repeat NO RULE INFRACTED, said by FIA commissioner

Alonso wont be in Mclaren next year.... Congratulations Demon...

Edited: Lewis Hamilton doesnt speak with anybody of the team McLaren, because he didnt obeyed the orders... Someone knos something about this ??
Old 08-05-2007, 07:36 AM   #34
Mattk
Regular User

Well, regardless, he was cleared to go and didn't go. Obviously, the FIA stewards thought this was a bit dodgy and punished Alonso and McLaren. Fair call.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 AM   #35
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
Well, regardless, he was cleared to go and didn't go. Obviously, the FIA stewards thought this was a bit dodgy and punished F1's Lance Bass and McLaren. Fair call.
Yeah, Britons won't stop until they make Hamilton WDC :roll:
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #36
saadie
Regular User

alonso is a 2 times world champion .. he should know to get the fuck out of the pts when the fueling and the tyres are done ... he should also know who to listein to and who not to listein to on the radio ... ...

anyway ... the race is going good .... Go KIMI!!! 8)
Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #37
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
F1's Lance Bass is a 2 times world champion .. he should know to get the fuck out of the pts when the fueling and the tyres are done ... he should also know who to listein to and who not to listein to on the radio ... ...

anyway ... the race is going good .... Go KIMI!!! 8)
He has to do what his team tell him to do (something Hamilton doesn't do), because he don't know when there is traffic in the circuit. Maybe you wanted him to left the pits earlier and block Kimi. :roll: :roll:
Old 08-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #38
saadie
Regular User

the team is full of idiots .. your sugessting right ?
hamilton was queue'd up behind him ... the team was telling him to gooo .. but he didnt ...

blocking someone on the track is logical .. fucking up your team mate in the pits is just ill logical ...

what so ever hapenned ... we dont know ... different news comming for different places ...

because of a|onso ... the team dosnt get any constructors points ... and he goes back the grid ...

now just telme if the team wanted this to happen ..
Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #39
gangajas
Regular User

the team is full of idiots .. your sugessting right ?
hamilton was queue'd up behind him ... the team was telling him to gooo .. but he didnt ...

blocking someone on the track is logical .. fucking up your team mate in the pits is just ill logical ...

what so ever hapenned ... we dont know ... different news comming for different places ...

because of a|onso ... the team dosnt get any constructors points ... and he goes back the grid ...

now just telme if the team wanted this to happen ..
Hamilton didn't do what the team told him to do, it was his fault, and beacuse of him his team won't score points in this race. It's not Alonso's fault if his teammate doesn't respect his team and do whatever he wants.

But since he is the spoiled child of R. Dennis, the FIA (remember how they helped him two weeks ago) and the Bristish media, nothing happens.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #40
saadie
Regular User

iff alonso ddint stay after the lollipop was take up ... all this wouldnt have hapenned .. ...

and anyway .. a driver is not a puppet .. he can make decissions such as coming into the pits by himself ... i am sure he called on the radio that he is coming ...
anyway ...
Old 08-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #41
gangajas
Regular User

iff F1's Lance Bass ddint stay after the lollipop was take up ... all this wouldnt have hapenned .. ...
Yes, he'd have blocked Kimi, maybe you had preferred that :roll: :roll:

and anyway .. a driver is not a puppet .. he can make decissions such as coming into the pits by himself ... i am sure he called on the radio that he is coming ...
anyway ...
Hamilton switched the radio off, he disobeyed his team and now because of that McLaren won't score any points. But yeah, it's Alonso's fault, believe everything the tabloids write. :roll: :roll:
Old 08-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #42
saadie
Regular User

we are discussing MCLAREN ... alonso hamilton and team mclaren .... alonso blocking kimi is a whole different matter .. it didnt even happen .. why are you even thinking about it ...
they saw hamilton coming in the pits and yet they kept alonso for a long time ... it is just ill logical ....
btw i didnt read anything aout this .. i saw the qualificaiton live .. and eveything i am saying is comming from me ...

anyway .. great race .... Hamilton Owned ... kimi was great .. and hill is kinda right that long wheel base cars are like trucks .. great work by heidfeld too 8) 8)
Old 08-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #43
blue8
Regular User

Lewis Hamilton had a rather angry exchange with his team boss Ron Dennis following Saturday's qualifying, which saw him cheated out of pole position by Fernando Alonso.

According to The Times, Hamilton stormed up to Dennis saying: "Don't ever f****** do that to me again!"

Dennis replied with: "Don't ever f****** speak to me like that again!"

To which Hamilton said: "Go f****** swivel!"

And it appears as if the race stewards agreed with Hamilton's last sentiment.
On to the race, it was very boring!
1 Hamilton
2 Raikkonen
3 Heidfeld
4 Al0nso
Massa at P13 was a non-entity this weekend! Something with the car perhaps...
Nice to see the Top 3 teams at the podium

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #44
gangajas
Regular User

we are discussing MCLAREN ... F1's Lance Bass hamilton and team mclaren .... F1's Lance Bass blocking kimi is a whole different matter .. it didnt even happen .. why are you even thinking about it ...
they saw hamilton coming in the pits and yet they kept F1's Lance Bass for a long time ... it is just ill logical ....
If you don't understand what I wrote, I won't bother trying to explain you the same thing all the time. I guess it's easy to say what a 2 times F1 WDC should or shouldn't do, when you are such a great racing driver. :roll: :roll:

btw i didnt read anything aout this .. i saw the qualificaiton live .. and eveything i am saying is comming from me ...
Maybe you should read what McLaren about the incident. It was Hamilton's fault. :roll: :roll:

anyway .. great race .... Hamilton Owned ... kimi was great .. and hill is kinda right that long wheel base cars are like trucks .. great work by heidfeld too 8) 8)
Yeah great race, it was really exciting. :roll: :roll:
Old 08-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #45
xecutioner
Regular User

great stuff by lewis and kimmi for the hole race

it was the only good thing about the race since this is one of the most boring f1 races of the year and every other year well apart from last year when it rained but yeh

oh and asslonso getting a 5 grid penalty was gold

so glad that idiot didnt finish on the podium