Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #76
novass
Regular User

Hamilton is no doubt a great driver and I agree that it isn't just the car, I just want to see more action.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:50 AM   #77
blue8
Regular User

Well if you expected Al0nso to make childish rants for placing behind Hamilton again, I'm sorry to disappoint you:

F1-Live:
Fernando Alonso has joined his team-mate Lewis Hamilton in rubbishing reports that they do not get along.

Experts have described the tension inside the McLaren camp at the moment as akin to the ferocious relationship shared by Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost in the 80s.

But world champion Alonso, who shook his fist and swerved at the pit wall after failing to pass Hamilton at Indianapolis last Sunday, said there is a difference between on and off-track rivalry.

"On the track you can have your run-ins," he is quoted as saying by the Spanish newspaper El Mundo, "but this is normal. Our relationship is good.
"

Hamilton revealed recently that, in the McLaren motor home, he often plays video games with Alonso.

"Off the track, we laugh, we joke," Alonso confirmed.

Alonso added: "Clearly I was not overjoyed (at Indianapolis) because I believed that I was faster and I wanted to win. So it did not leave a good taste in my mouth."
^On Al0nso saying that McLaren prefers Hamilton, Montoya agrees adding they always have their number one.

Interesting rumor:
Kimi Raikkonen could depart Ferrari as soon as the end of this season, according to reports.

Germany's Auto-Bild-Motorsport said the beleaguered Maranello based team has already commenced its search for the Finn's successor, after failing to live up to his reputation and newfound status as the highest earning F1 racer following his switch from McLaren for 2007.

Not only is the 27-year-old struggling to keep up with Felipe Massa in the other F2007, Ferrari bosses are apparently also concerned about Raikkonen's lack of focus and rookie errors - such as failing to get his car quickly off the line.

Part of the Auto-Bild-Motorsport rumour is that newly retired Michael Schumacher is the obvious choice to replace Raikkonen, but paddock rumblings have also hinted at McLaren's disgruntled Fernando Alonso or Williams' impressive Nico Rosberg to fill the seat.

The speculation may also be related to new gossip this week that says Toyota could be eyeing Raikkonen as a replacement for Ralf Schumacher next year and beyond.

Ferrari is now coming under intense pressure from the notorious and influential Italian media, with La Gazzetta dello Sport headlining this week that the trip to North America was a 'total failure' for the Prancing Horse.
^If Raikkonen fails to impress or win the World Championship this year, I won't be surprised if he ends up in Toyota (unfortunately).

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote