Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-04-2005, 02:04 PM   #31
|Nuno|
Regular User

Ferrari ask for a limitation of costs but they don't limit their tests. They don't think rules are for them, only for other team ...
If all the top teams are now wearing Michelins it's because Bridgestone was concentrated only on Ferrari :roll: Was it fair ?
There's already another thread regarding that matter.

Ah, and just one thing: those "rules", I tought they were made by the FIA, and not by 9 (or should I say 7?) teams. I guess I was wrong, huh? :roll:

Also, it's kinda funny that you're saying that Ferrari doesn't think the rules are for them in a thread discussing B.A.R.'s possible ban due to cheating.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #32
yg60m
Regular User

Also, it's kinda funny that you're saying that Ferrari doesn't think the rules are for them in a thread discussing B.A.R.'s possible ban due to cheating.
Nuno : 1 ; yg60 : 0
Old 05-04-2005, 02:40 PM   #33
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Nuno : 1 ; yg60 : 0
LOL! That wasn't the intention.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #34
yg60m
Regular User

I know, I just think that if Ferrari was in BAR's place, the FIA wouldn't talk about banning them ...
I love Ferrari but I don't like their behavior, especially since Jean Todt is here (despite being french).
Old 05-04-2005, 02:57 PM   #35
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
I know, I just think that if Ferrari was in BAR's place, the FIA wouldn't talk about banning them ...
I love Ferrari but I don't like their behavior, especially since Jean Todt is here (despite being french).
Fair enough, each one to its own.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #36
phantomfocus
Regular User

The FIA has officially requested that the BAR's be removed from the championship for the season, as well as a fine of 1million euros.

Here is the article.
http://www.formula1.com/news/2939.html
phantomfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #37
|Nuno|
Regular User

From Atlas-F1:

Ecclestone: BAR Seem Guilty

Wednesday, 04 May 2005 15:46

Formula One commercial rights owner Bernie Ecclestone believes BAR-Honda will be found guilty in the case brought against them by the FIA today, at the Court of Appeal in Paris.

The FIA accused BAR with fraudulent conduct after additional fuel was found in the car during scrutineering for the San Marino Grand Prix despite the team allegedly claiming there is none left in the car.

And Ecclestone, who attended a lunch in London today to promote the French Grand Prix next month, said BAR seem to be on the losing side.

"From the information available, you have to assume they will be found guilty," Ecclestone said. "There is always a reason these things happen, it is never a mistake.

"I wouldn't have wanted to argue the BAR case."

Asked what kind of a penalty he expects the team to receive if found guilty, Ecclestone said: "There are a million things you could do.

"I suppose if they are not excluded from the Championship, you could say that the constructor cannot score points in the Championship, and maybe exclude any points the driver has now, and all the other ones [from here on] would count."

But Ecclestone was against a financial fine, saying it would not be a deterrent in the case of teams, and in fact could encourage teams to break the rules. "If you can do that, why don't the teams at the beginning of the season give over a cheque and say: 'if I am caught, cash the cheque'?

"That's what I would do."
Old 05-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #38
5vz-fe
Regular User

I highly doubt they will exclude BAR from the championshiop. They prolly strip the the points of Button at Imola or worse case, they are excluded from the constructors championship.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:40 PM   #39
5vz-fe
Regular User

I would really like to know how BAR defend this. To my understanding a second tank is a second tank...how are they gonna deny the cheating.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 PM   #40
Max Power

well, BAR could say that they did not run JB car under the weight limit and that they simply had extra fuel because the fuel pump wouldn't work with low levels. Because fuel can be used as weight balast, so as long as they can prove they never ran under the legal limit they will be fine.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #41
kksh
Regular User

I don't think BAR can defend. It's just a matter of how harsh the penalities will be. Banning them from the championship is too harsh. Just take away the points etc.

Had ferrari done such a thing, they wouldn't ask for such a hard punishment.

and what about Sato? Was he running light as well or did they only check the weight of the podium finishers?

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:19 AM   #42
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005

all these new rules and the "cost" cutting methods are a way of trying to bring Ferrari down. you know it, everyone knows it, the only difference is some people dont want to admit it.
but this is another story for another time.
There aren't any specific rules that say "ferrari must do this or that", the rules apply to everyone and seeing as though Ferrari has one of the biggest budgets, this is least going to effect them.

With regards to the BAR situation I don't think they should completely ban them.... give them a fine and say they're unable to gain any points in the next two races or similar. Obviously we don't know the complete details so its hard to comment
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:07 AM   #43
yg60m
Regular User

My opinion is :
- If it was Ferrari, they wouldn't be so harsh
- had BAR join the Ferrari / FIA clan they wouldn't be so harsh

I am curious to see how interesting F1 championship will be in 2 or 3 years when Ferrari will compete against Jordan and Red Bull (if i am not wrong there are the only teams to be "with" FIA/ Ferrari) ...
What a good show it will be :roll:
Old 05-05-2005, 08:02 AM   #44
Sir_GT
Regular User

I'm surprised nobody actually saw this from another angle...

Keep in mind that BAR-Honda, and a host of other teams are the ones openly talking about the rival championship to Formula 1.

If anything, this seems more like an excuse from B&M (Bernie and Max) to remove BAR from TV coverage. Not only will this ruin the team's chances of winning the championship, but the biggest blow to BAR would be the problems they will face with their sponsors.

Looks more like a warning to the other teams to me. One slip up and you're dead... unless you sign up again with B&M.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:46 AM   #45
mindgam3
Regular User

BAR BANNED FOR TWO RACES:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4514569.stm
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32714

and had all points taken away.... ouch
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote