Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-09-2003, 11:10 AM   #16
draak666
Regular User

You're right about the 'cold' and reserved F1 drivers, TT.

In WRC, I choose Panizzi. He's a showman.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:21 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I'm my favorite race car driver.

From pure skill point of view M Schumaher. He's just so perfect with the car no one else is as good.

From personality point of view I'd say Richard Burns, he just seems like a nice bloke.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:14 PM   #18
takata
Regular User

Aryton Senna & Micheal Schumacher

definately the best of the drivers
takata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 05:54 PM   #19
Ziploc
Regular User

Richard Burns

Makko martin
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:31 AM   #20
Vansquish
Regular User

I guess the truthful answer is that I have several favorite drivers...currently Michael Schumacher, because he's such a maniac in the rain, Stirling Moss because he's amazingly cool and collected and...still racing even after his nearly career-ending shunt, Jacques Villeneuve because he's got the potential for greatness if he could get into a decent car, but above all of these, I think that Ayrton Senna was the best ever in F1...he was like the Alberto Tomba aka La Bamba of Formula 1, and Walter Rohrl has the most incredible talent in Rallying and now in testing for Porsche... I guess it's almost impossible to choose, but Ayrton has to win.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:36 AM   #21
takata
Regular User

oh, i also like V. Rossi and Panizzi

highly talented
takata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 06:34 AM   #22
mendocino
Regular User

That is SO TRUE TT, I prefer wrc drivers to F1, even if on pure skill the F1 drivers are probably better, but it''s a very different way of driving. in wrc, I like britains burns and mcray but I'm sure loeb will be the next champion, if not this year, the next...
Old 10-15-2003, 07:02 AM   #23
SDK2003
Regular User

My Favourite race driver is without doubt the master of F1 - Ayrton Senna

During Sennas early years I was always wanted Nigel Mansell (his rival) to win the races and the Championship so I wasn’t a fan until late 93 / early 94.
However, since his death and watching all the F1 FIA reviews and Senna Biography videos it’s easy to see that he was the greatest.

Sure Schumacher has won more but it was during a time when there wasn’t that much other driver competition in F1 and had Senna not died he would have defiantly won the ‘94 & ‘95 Championship and if after that he hadn’t retired then even the 96 championship as well.

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:26 PM   #24
heath
Regular User

Well I'd have to say my fav aussie driver is Brock and my fav international driver has to be Marko Martin, this guy is really starting to shine on the courses.

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:49 AM   #25
jakaracman
Regular User

Petter Solberg. Not just for his driving, he's also very entertaining ...
Old 11-06-2003, 05:52 AM   #26
tekwar
Regular User

Schumacher is a great driver no doubt, but he lacks personality, he is "boring", he doesnt bring any fire or passion into the sport. Even Jacque is more interesting than him.

I love Senna too, now here was a man who loved racing, you can see it in his eyes and his driving. I miss him dearly, if he hadnt died, schumacher may not have gained the recognition that he has now. They are both great drivers, its too bad we all missed the chance to see both of them race each other in their prime.

Lol should change this thread to favorite F1 driver
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:01 PM   #27
f0racer
Regular User

Mario Andretti, one of the most versatile racers around. Keiichi Tsuchiya, another very versatile racer.
f0racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:42 PM   #28
pedrohmb
Regular User

Ayrton Senna da Silva
He had speed in his veins

And Emerson Fittipaldi too
2 times F1 World Champion
Indy Champion
and Indianapolis 500 winner
pedrohmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 01:34 PM   #29
yg60m
Regular User

Ayrton Senna, he is a legend and was the greatest of them all.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:29 PM   #30
inso
Regular User

häkkinen was/is great, he did not loose his speed after that bad bad accident, when he came back from koma, he just asked dennis if it was his fault. salo was fast when had shumachers car for a few races, rosberg was f1 champion with NA engine against turboes. And yes Kimi has showed also that he is not actually not as slow as he is bad as a speaker. And his wife Jenni is quite a looker

In rallying old master Mäkinen with his Mini was very good against ferraris and porches of that time. Kankkunen came after Mikkola, Salonen, Alen and Vatanen, being very fast also 4times world champion, i would say the king of groupB. As is Mäkinen also with groupA, wrc is a bit different story and how to drive them too. active differentials make a huge difference for witch style to attack corner is fastest, to drift or not to drift. so who is the best racing driver(from finland), i like Janne Tapio a fellow from my hometown, baptised the same day as i am, very fast on snowmobile. But if you have read old performance car magazines, with interviews from juha kankkunen and stories about co-piloting him, he is my hero, the best racing driver of them all. Like one writer once said, he may have god like talent, but if you sit by him in a race car you´ll know he is the devil
inso is offline   Reply With Quote