Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-02-2003, 09:17 PM   #16
troskap
Regular User

I heard sometime summer of next year for GT4.
Apparently, they were falling behind with the number of new models of cars they were entering the frames in for (I think the total number at the end was supposed to be 400, if I'm not mistaken)

As to GT3, I got to about, oh, 98%. Unfortunately for me, I bought a super-early version of the game. Apparently, Polyphonic intended to have a drag-racing section to the game, but never finished it. However, they forgot to take the races from that out of the total game count, so apparently, I'll never finish the game (they did fix it, but I wasn't going to pay another $40 for a newer version of the same game)! I just about cried when I found that out

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
40th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica
#812/1500
troskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:53 PM   #17
deth
Regular User

i'm at 97% ....just a couple more of those damn endurances left....those F1 races took forever to get gold! i thought the drag racing sim was supposed to be in GT2 cuz i remember i finished everything but said i was at 99%
deth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 03:37 AM   #18
tekwar
Regular User

95%++ omg, how many hours does that total, must be much more than playing Final Fantasy, you guys need to get a life
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 03:42 AM   #19
deth
Regular User

more than i'd like to admit......... ops:
deth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:02 AM   #20
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by troskap
I heard sometime summer of next year for GT4.
Apparently, they were falling behind with the number of new models of cars they were entering the frames in for (I think the total number at the end was supposed to be 400, if I'm not mistaken)

As to GT3, I got to about, oh, 98%. Unfortunately for me, I bought a super-early version of the game. Apparently, Polyphonic intended to have a drag-racing section to the game, but never finished it. However, they forgot to take the races from that out of the total game count, so apparently, I'll never finish the game (they did fix it, but I wasn't going to pay another $40 for a newer version of the same game)! I just about cried when I found that out
I'm not sure this rumor was true.. I bought the first released version (US) and got 100% w/o problems...
Old 10-09-2003, 08:51 PM   #21
troskap
Regular User

[quote="TTI'm not sure this rumor was true.. I bought the first released version (US) and got 100% w/o problems...[/quote]

You did? Hrm. Well, I would probably try to find out, but I've already lost too many hours of sleep over that game. No use starting up with that game again when I've already managed to wean myself off that addiction once, already

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
40th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica
#812/1500
troskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:27 AM   #22
Vansquish
Regular User

I did too...I actually did it twice, cuz I wanted to win some cars to expand my garage...I guess that definetely makes me a loser hehehe. I managed to beat everything and I have gold on all the license tests too, so I've got the bonus cars that come with the territory...for a bit of a challenge, I tried to beat the game without buying any cars, and only paying for upgrades...unfortunately it wasn't possible because some of the races require vehicles that you can't get any other way. I also have the 1st US release of the game and while it was stuck on 98.6% for quite some time, it turned out that I had one endurance race left to go, and that accounted for it hehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:35 PM   #23
zr2man99
Regular User

Man, once GT4 is out my life will be ruined. When GT3 came out all I did for a month and a half was eat, sleep, and drink GT3. Now this....Bye Bye world....
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:58 PM   #24
hemi_fan
Regular User

I heard a November 2004 release date... they are so mean teasing us with all this info and making us wait another year grrr

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:55 AM   #25
QC
Regular User

Hope that the Ring is in gt4, greatest track in the world!!!!
QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:54 PM   #26
maalox
Regular User

I've read two things:

1) The Japan release is set for April. No mention was made about whether localization would be occurring simultaneously for English speaking markets unfortunately. Although the recent trend has been to have more world wide releases, we may see a Final Fantasy style thing where you have to wait 4 - 6 months :shock:.

2) I read somewhere that Yamauchi ("Mr Gran Turismo") said the Nurburgring was too large to render with the current engine . Unfortunately it makes a lot of sense since even the test course in GT3 is still significantly smaller and less geomertrically complex than the 'ring. We can still hope though.
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 06:37 PM   #27
Vansquish
Regular User

What I've read (I think I already posted it too, but I'm too lazy to check hehe) is that Yamauchi wants to put the 'Ring in one of the future versions of the game, but wouldn't specify which...though he did seem to indicate that GT4 was out of the question...but here's hoping all the same!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:32 PM   #28
zr2man99
Regular User

I wish they would put the ring in. Why not have the most badass track in the most badass racing simulation.
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:40 PM   #29
DeMoN
Regular User

I am waiting for gt4 to buy a ps2 in the US, i have one at home, but I want one here!
Old 11-18-2003, 08:47 PM   #30
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

I can't wait to do some online races with a couple Enzo's around the ring!
Sorry dude...so far no ferraris or lambos if i'm not mistaken on GT4 yet. This sucks so much!...I haven't finished GT3 either, but as soon as GT4 hits the shelfs I'll go buy it!

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote