Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #31
HeilSvenska
Regular User

NO NO and NO! GM isn't even involved in F1 at all! BMW 1-Series or Mercedes R-Class! or hopefully the Ferrari 420 Fiorano

It's pretty unlikely to see an uninvolved car company to send in a sasfety car, although it's more likely that F1 commitee wouldn't allow it. F1 races are gigantic commercial ventures and it's every F1 manufacturers for themselves.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:44 PM   #32
jorge
Regular User

If it has to be a MB, i would love to see the SLR!
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:46 PM   #33
X-ale
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
NO NO and NO! GM isn't even involved in F1 at all!.
THATS THE WHOLE POINT. READ also the other words that are not in caps pendejo

it's more likely that F1 commitee wouldn't allow it.
Here, let me show you what ppl write on the other page you also didn't bother to read:

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Here it is
It was at the Canadian Grand-Prix in 1995, my mistake :roll:
So it was a Ferrari sponsored Lambo in Montreal, right I must be blind, i don't see the name anywhere... wait... it's the color isn't it? It was to advertise the new corsa red. :roll: So Mr. Right, thats the only plausible explenation then wouldn't you say so ops:
Old 07-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #34
HeilSvenska
Regular User

pendejo
I read that already. And it's 1995. I just took in account that F1 business is now getting horribly commercial and show-like in manners. Like those new rules ans such, and the new circuits to promote F1.

I just can't see Bernie Ecclestone and Mosley letting non-F1 manufacturer to trot around Silverstone and Nurbergring NOW. That's all i'm saying ...jeez no need for name calling...

And it'd be better if you explane why and how they used a Lambo in 1995 Canadian GP. can you do that then?
Old 07-11-2004, 11:33 PM   #35
X-ale
Regular User

I read that already. And it's 1995. I just took in account that F1 business is now getting horribly commercial and show-like in manners. Like those new rules ans such, and the new circuits to promote F1.

I just can't see Bernie Ecclestone and Mosley letting non-F1 manufacturer to trot around Silverstone and Nurbergring NOW. That's all i'm saying ...jeez no need for name calling...
I see your point and I understand it. I may not agree with it but you're prolly right.

And it'd be better if you explane why and how they used a Lambo in 1995 Canadian GP. can you do that then?
I won't not because I can't. I'm sure you can google it if you so care.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:49 AM   #36
yumcimil
Regular User

Seems reasonable to use the SL65 when it comes out (Assuming it's not out already) - anything to get that SLK off the screens.
yumcimil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:24 AM   #37
dons5
Regular User

we need much faster cars cause with the slow ones used today the drivers are complaining to much cause there losing to much temperature especially in the tires and brakes travelling behind these slow saftey cars
Old 07-12-2004, 03:49 AM   #38
yumcimil
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
we need much faster cars cause with the slow ones used today the drivers are complaining to much cause there losing to much temperature especially in the tires and brakes travelling behind these slow saftey cars
Isn't the point of the safety car to be making them slow down? I know in the past it was a big issue - hadn't heard anything about it lately in the media...
yumcimil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:01 AM   #39
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by yumcimil
Originally Posted by dons5
Isn't the point of the safety car to be making them slow down? I know in the past it was a big issue - hadn't heard anything about it lately in the media...
yes a safety car is to slow the cars down, but also keep them same on the track, and a slow safety car like dons5 can make the tires on the car to cool down causing lose of grip to the track, this is very bad (was a factor in the death of Senna) also if you watched today, schumi was on cold tires during the saftey lab and kimi went into the pits for some new warm ones, if kimi came out infront of the cars that he was stuck behind, he could of passed schumi easy
Old 07-12-2004, 10:41 AM   #40
schnell318
Regular User

As someone said a GT3 RS would be a super cool safety car but I donĀ“t think it will happen since Porsche is not involved in F1. So an M3 CSL, M5, next M6, next Ferrari 420 would be the best choices but as IĀ“ve said before, IĀ“m almost sure the next one will be the CLS 55 AMG
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:44 PM   #41
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by schnell318
As someone said a GT3 RS would be a super cool safety car but I donĀ“t think it will happen since Porsche is not involved in F1. So an M3 CSL, M5, next M6, next Ferrari 420 would be the best choices but as IĀ“ve said before, IĀ“m almost sure the next one will be the CLS 55 AMG
I think youre right there mate, what could it be else, a chance of a different brand is small, and it will be a merc thats for sure, come to of it by the way, they could use the C-Class 55 AMG again, like they did with the CLK (2x) :roll:
TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:42 PM   #42
schnell318
Regular User

Now that you say it, it could well be the C55 but do you have any idea when all this MB safety car craziness is going to end??
Old 07-12-2004, 02:50 PM   #43
TopGearNL
Regular User

Mate, I don't have a clue
I wonder who contracted Mercedes, or does mercedes agreed to Bernie Eccelstone that he can have the Safety car at the end of every F1 season
Old 07-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #44
schnell318
Regular User

I donĀ“t think Bernie needs a used $50,000 car

Do you know which brand suplied the safety cars before MB did?
Old 07-12-2004, 04:26 PM   #45
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by schnell318
I donĀ“t think Bernie needs a used $50,000 car

Do you know which brand suplied the safety cars before MB did?
Don't get me wrong here but I once saw a opel (yes a opel or vauxhall) as an safety car and of course that lambo from Canada

But Ill have a look around for you and myself to give an answer to you question