Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

View Poll Results: Who will be the World Champion?
Lewis Hamilton 14 50.00%
Felipe Massa 10 35.71%
Robert Kubica 3 10.71%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
blue8
Regular User

Default Who will be the 2008 F1 World Champion?

2008 F1 World Champion?

15 races down, 3 to go: Japan, China and Brazil
Hamilton 84pts, Massa 77pts (+7), Kubica 64pts (+20), Raikkonen 57pts (+27)

Lewis Hamilton (McLaren): he may not be as consistent this year compared to his debut season but Hamilton is once again the leading championship contender and possibly a more mature driver. In particular, he was in P3 behind Rosberg in the Singapore GP and running faster but decided to play it safe anyway now that his title rivals are out of the points. Last year, he'd probably push the car to its limits and do whatever it takes to get that position... as his tyres wear out. Oh yeah, his tyres issues haven't been quite resolved.

Felipe Massa (Ferrari): People never thought Massa was championship material but this season, for sure, he proved them wrong. After miserably failing to finish the first two races this season, the Brazilian bounced back in tremendous fashion reaching the podium in the next 4 races with 2 wins. But he is still a little rain-shy after spinning no less than 6 times during the British GP!

Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber): Whenever a McLaren or Ferrari fails, Kubica is usually there to pick up the points. It's not all through luck though. The Pole has been consistently fast and reliable finishing in the points most of the time. Problem is, BMW is clearly off the pace of McLaren and Ferrari.

Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari): The reigning world champion said that the title hunt is over. But remember what happened last year? He made up 17 points in the last 2 races to take the title. This year is a little different though. He’s been scoreless in the last 4 races due to plain bad luck and driver error. With only 30 possible points left to the season, the only way he can keep his hopes alive is if Hamilton doesn’t score any more than 3 points in the next 3 races.

So who do you think will win? You can also tip on who you want to win!

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Mattk
Regular User

I picked Massa. He's got the talent to win it. The Ferrari is also fast. All he needs is his Ferrari to hold up.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
SHIZL
Regular User

although ferrari claims to have fixed its rain setup we have not seen this yet so i will continue to think that hamilton will dominate if it rains. if it stays dry ferrari seems to have picked up speed in recent testing so we will see. me pesonally would like kubica to win but that is just me wanting a underdog to win (underdog meaning equipment compared to ferrari,mclaren). also which team do u think will win constructors.
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
frnk
Regular User

Massa has definitely looked like a champion this year, but his team has not looked like they are capable of making him one. I think this is Hamilton's year.
frnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
sprakzilla
Regular User

Kkkkkkkkkubica!!!
sprakzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
Emericaskate
Regular User

I would really like to see Kubica too win!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #7
styla21
Regular User

I would love to see Kubica take it too! ..Realistically though, after the points-whitewash for BMW (and Ferrari) at Singapore, I don't rate his chance to highly.
If it rains in Japan and China - anything can happen! But out of Hamilton vs. Massa, I'm completely behind Massa.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #8
zeus_2011
Regular User

I thought I was the only one who rates Kubica and would like to c him win more!!!! But unfortunately i think it will be Hamilton
zeus_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
Kinxy
Regular User

Had it not been for team failure in ferrari, and that his car broke down in the last lap in one race, massa would win. I want Massa to win, but being realistic now, I think lewis will win, unfortuneatly.
Kinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #10
Mattk
Regular User

As for the constructors, I think Ferrari will win. They are not far behind, and Kovaleinen just can't match the speed of Massa and Raikonnen.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #11
Nikkolaz
Regular User

Massa... would be cool to see Kubica winning the championship tough!
and im with Raikkonen but he has no chances to win 2008 championship

and on another side, i think hamilton deserves the championship, a lot of effort from him

my honest opinion, but i pick MASSA
Nikkolaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #12
blue8
Regular User

Update:
Hamilton 84 pts
Massa 79 pts (+2)
Kubica 72 pts (+12)
Raikkonen no longer in contention

The championship just got tighter after the unpredictable Japanese GP. Has anyone changed their mind? It's worth mentioning that Alonso wants Ferrari to win (after what happened last year) declaring that he is even willing to help Massa win the championship

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
arguapacha
Regular User

It should be Massa, but Ferrari does not seem to deliver what he needs to get the championship.

Hamilton looks much more strong with the McLaren. I just hope he keeps making stupid mistakes like the one in Japan
arguapacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #14
sameerrao
Regular User

Shouldn't the question be "Who is the FIA appointed World Champion and not who is the F1 champion"

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote