Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-06-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
ARMAN
Regular User

Default Counter Strike, is it any good?

Anyone played it? Is it any good? I saw lots of people play it all the time but tryed it once for 15 minutes and got killed twice 8)
Should you have HalfLife also to run it? And what about Condition Zero? You need HalfLife2 for it?

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
ARMAN
Regular User

Ok, what game is good to get, except games with sick mutants, spiders and so. Loved man to man Soldier of fortune1, Call of duty... well thats all I played ops:

.................................................. .............................
Old 05-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
callen
Regular User

hey arman, as far as first person shooters go with the most repetitive, run,shoot,,run,shoot,die...respawn, run,run,shoot shoot,die respawn until you cant take it anymore, then this game is for you! as you can tell I dont care for the online first person shooters...
Old 05-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
black_magician
Regular User

HALF-LIFE 2!
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Ok, what game is good to get, except games with sick mutants, spiders and so. Loved man to man Soldier of fortune1, Call of duty... well thats all I played ops:
Get Medal of Honor, I'm sure you'll like it. By far the best online gaming experience that had so far.

Counter Strike sucks in my opinion. Had it for about one week, then got bored of it. Repetitive comes to my mind... Plus, there's the h4x0r5, as thamar pointed out. Granted, there are some in Medal of Honor as well, but far less than in CS.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #6
ARMAN
Regular User

Just thought of MOH Played it once too and it was much like Call of duty, thanx |Nuno| Btw datadiscks are good too?

Old 05-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #7
mindgam3
Regular User

Rainbow 6, 3: Raven shield, Brothers in Arms, Call of duty and MOHAA are my personal favourites for online gaming
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #8
ARMAN
Regular User

MOH European assault looks good Didnt know that I can play COD on the net Well install in progress

Thanx for tips everyone

Old 05-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #9
FPVPSI
Regular User

Get MOH...its by farrrrrr the best on-line shoot em up...ohhh cod is like moh not the other way around...

i love moh...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:04 PM   #10
davide
Regular User

Been playing counter-strike for like 5-6 years... It's pretty fun, if you play with fun guys but ALOT of cheatings is going on at public servers.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:06 PM   #11
styla21
Regular User

I've got to say, i loved Counterstrike.. Havn't played it in over a year, but it would go down as one of my all time favourite games. As long as you know a little about what's going on, and you play in a monitored server (so no cheating) i think you should have fun. Considering the game is almost 10 years old, i think it's doing ok to still be so popular :fadein:
Old 05-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by davide
Been playing counter-strike for like 5-6 years... It's pretty fun, if you play with fun guys but ALOT of cheatings is going on at public servers.
Originally Posted by styla21
I've got to say, i loved Counterstrike.. Havn't played it in over a year, but it would go down as one of my all time favourite games. As long as you know a little about what's going on, and you play in a monitored server (so no cheating) i think you should have fun. Considering the game is almost 10 years old, i think it's doing ok to still be so popular :fadein:
This is true - a friend and I used to run a bunch of CS servers on a couple of Compaq Proliant 8cpu 8500's in the late 90's - we were around since Beta .1 - and private servers with mature teams playing, sets Counter Strike in a league of it's own.

There is something thrilling abotu playing a game where when you die, you die.

Public servers full of scripts kiddies are no fun - but then again, that's wha server admins, ban lists and passwords are for
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:41 AM   #13
styla21
Regular User

Right on.. RC if you ever want to play, PM me
Old 05-07-2005, 01:41 AM   #14
styla21
Regular User

Sorry... Double Post ops:
Old 05-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #15
Refefer
Regular User

Yeah... Counterstrike was good stuff, but it is looking a bit aged. Enter Counter-strike:Source !

It is also one of those games that is so popular that they still have professional tournaments bi-anually, with a ridiculous amount of money for 1st place teams, professional sponsership (CompUSA, Nvidia, etc.), and tv coverage. One of the few sports where you can actually be professional.

I heard just recently (like, april) they implented a new security module that pretty much kills off all cheating up to this point. I say you spend the 10 bucks needed for half-life and give it a try anyways.