Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
kach22i
Regular User

Default Old Mustang

Spotted on my July 4th ride home.

Architect and Business Owner
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
79TA
Regular User

fun. Looks like it was a great day for cruising. Any more pics of the camera car?
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:54 AM   #3
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Those convertables and coupes in general are a dime a dozen in Cali, Its the fastbacks that get my attention
Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #4
Jona
Regular User

Oh man... Mustangs are cool. I had a red '65 Mustang Fastback a few years ago (2004). Totally original, not even a single screw hole on the dash. Even the original radio was working perfectly. It was my daily driver (only car) for over six months, and only the water pump broke once. Cost 85 euros to get a new one. It was great. Quite a handful, the handling was appalling if I'm honest. It didn't want to go straight at all, and the steering was hmmm... interesting. Brakes were quite bad. As was the acceleration and the chassis. But it didn't matter. Awesome V8 burble and it had some serious attitude and it also was easily the coolest car on the road. Roll down the windows, cruise at 50km/h and enjoy

Bought it for 10500 euros is April, sold it for 12000 euros in October. Now they are worth over 20k in euros in here. I think that was the only car I've ever made any profit with Shouldn't have sold it, but that's the way it goes. I was 22 at the time, and had always wanted one. It was a great experience. After that I got myself a '90 Corvette, because I had always wanted to drive that one too. Then a '94 Trans Am. Now I'm back to normal cars again

Gas is over $9/gallon in here after all.

Those cars were great. I had wanted to experience them from when I was a little boy, and so I did. And I'm pretty happy that I did. Don't have to regret that later on.... "what if". If you want something, get it

Life is short and you can't take your money with you when you die.

I still occasionally regret that I sold the Fastback though. Maybe I'll get one again later on. They are extremely rare in here, haven't seen any for sale in almost five years.

P.S. Sorry about my english, this is my 3rd language And sorry about the offtopic rant, but old Mustangs have a special place in my heart

Last edited by Jona; 07-13-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
kach22i
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jona View Post
And sorry about the offtopic rant, but old Mustangs have a special place in my heart
No rant, just a good story.

A lot of cars are crossing the pond with the US dollar so cheap. Many vintage Porsche's are making their way back to the fatherland along with the 1960's classics.
Architect and Business Owner
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote