Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: Can money buy you happiness?
Yes 43 62.32%
No 26 37.68%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2003, 06:24 PM   #31
SFDMALEX
Regular User

[quote="justin syder"]why not having a middle income, $60,000-$100,000 quote]

$100 000 is not really a middle income. Thats over about $8300 month. With this kind of money I can afford to pay off a good house, and pay off a new ferrari 360 and still have plenty of money for good food and some for my savings account. Thats kinda rich.

I'd consider $60 000 to be a stable middle class income in Canada.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:31 PM   #32
Nemisis8u
Regular User

I would have to say that money does buy you happiness. No body Likes to be in debt, or live from pay cheque to pay cheque. Money will get you a good education, a nice house, a nice car. It can be less stressful because money problems would be non existent. All your other stress can be taken care of with a nice trip to some exotic place. Its only if you become careless and start spending your money away on things such as drugs, that money will not bring you happiness. It can also bring you love, but to an extent. Who wants to marry a poor person? So I say yes it can bring you happiness.

"Well, we don't care how bad-ass some dude's naturally aspirated Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900-plus pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you're gonna get a fast and furious old-school ass-whipping."
-=Car Craft=-
Nemisis8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:34 AM   #33
Chingachgook
Regular User

I agree with John's opinion.

IMO
If u werent born rich and u get rich= yes
If u were born rich = no

But basically money can make me very happy, but true happiness doesn't come from material things...it's the love, the family, goood health...even money can help, but I prefere a normal economic situation and a beautiful family.
Sorry for my short and simple way to answer, but it would be simple in my mother language.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Only the very broke or very wealthy will say money cannot buy happiness... but the truth is Cash Money is happiness... and for everything else, there's Mastercard...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:04 AM   #35
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
but the truth is Cash Money is happiness... and for everything else, there's Mastercard...
LMAO !!

Anyone who has seen st-angers latest CGT video should remember the look on that guys face that has just started the CGT up...if that isn't a look of happiness then what is...hell I was smiling just as much just listening to the sound of that beauty.....

You need money to buy the CGT of course therefore it can buy you happiness...if you're not happy listening to that car...then WTF are you doing in this forum ??? (also goes for the enzo of course)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:53 PM   #36
Ivanhoe
Regular User

It sure as hell helps! :roll:
Old 11-04-2003, 12:01 AM   #37
PATo355
Regular User

[quote="SFDMALEX"]
Originally Posted by justin syder
why not having a middle income, $60,000-$100,000 quote]

I'd consider $60 000 to be a stable middle class income in Canada.

Fuck , in Chile 8000 dollars is a stable middle class income , 20000 is already upper class !!!!

My country is certainly poor !!!

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:06 AM   #38
DeMoN
Regular User

Depending on your definition of happiness. Genarlly speaking, no matter what type of defenition you have for happines, money can pretty damn close make you feal just as happy as your ultimate happiness idea. Money can satisfy you weather you want a great collection of cars or can buy you hookers if you want to be loved. If you really want to be loved, you could use your money for charity and you'd be loved by plenty of people. I know this is a dumb example, but I cant think right now it is too late. But I know if you give it some thiught, it all comes down to the one liner which can be used as your thesis:

Money can buy you happiness, even if it cant buy you the happiness you want, you get can get pretty damn close to the happiness you would get from your ultimate happines but in a money way.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:37 AM   #39
volvoman

it can create a false sense of happiness.

picture this, you have sex with models, perfect tens, you drive any car u want cuz u bought it but at the end of the day you go home to a big mansion, maybe with a butler, and you are alone. you go to sleep after having sex with perfect woman but have none by ur side to share life with. but then again it does go to the meaning of happiness for you.

but you could also look at donald trump, if he was sooo happy why did he get married, he can get any girl he wants to fuck but he dates a few for a while, why? especially when you can have a revolving door to your bedroom why waste time being with one woman. he is tryin to get what he cant buy, love. no one really mentioned this, i think.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:39 AM   #40
Jabba
Regular User

Why look at donald trump....everyone is different...you could also say donald trump could buy every decent car on the planet (I am sure he has a few) but he doesn't because cars are not his thing....does bill gates own a Mclaren F1, Enzo, CGT, Zonda, Stradale (and all our other favourites)....we all know that he could easily afford these cars (and buy the actual manufacturers as well just for fun) but again it seems cars are not 100 % his life either...

I find almost all woman to be annoying nagging bitches and a complete pain in the ass.... that only serve two purposes.... to provide food and sex....I am sure some people require the security of being loved and perhaps married....but I wouldn't think that applies to everyone....

I am just a simple man that only requires a few nice cars, a warm house, a broadband internet connection, car related forums to browse (especially JW), top gear (and most other car related shows) and most important of all.... TIME and the freedom to live life as I choose as a result of not having to worry about money to much....I can confirm I am very happy indeed thanks....
Old 11-04-2003, 06:50 AM   #41
Tumbler
Regular User

yeah i would be happier with more money...

and the more money the better
Tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:50 AM   #42
fishfreek
Regular User

I answered YES simply because 90% of my stress that leads to unhappyness is a result of managing the monthly bills as a result of having a wife who has been unemployeed longer than she has been employeed over the last few years.

Having the debt totally disolved would make ther perverbial 'happyness' alot closer.

Free Photo Hosting
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:58 AM   #43
Jabba
Regular User

having a wife who has been unemployeed longer than she has been employeed over the last few years.
Funny....I used to live with someone just like that....also did far to much moaning OUTSIDE of the bedroom...
Old 11-04-2003, 10:03 AM   #44
fishfreek
Regular User

No shit. Really rings my coller. The new job that she hopefully will be hired for (already went thru the interview process, piss test, etc and just waiting to hear back) is supposed to be a job that she thinks she will really enjoy. It dont pay much, only $9/hr, but if she can acutally get close to 40hrs a week that will help out alot.

Her last three jobs they promised her 40hrs a week and the reality was more like 15-20. Lying bastards.

Free Photo Hosting
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 10:09 AM   #45
Jabba
Regular User

Her last three jobs they promised her 40hrs a week and the reality was more like 15-20. Lying bastards.
Sounds like you wanna keep her outside the house for as long as possible fishfreek...LMAO !!!!