Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 08-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default CKy: an Answer can be found

I was skeptical about CKy's 3rd album after their sophomore effort Infiltrate, Destroy, Rebuild completely blew me away and also became the only album that Rolling Stone ever re-reviewed.

But from the first riff of track one i knew they were on pace to blow IDR out of the water.

The start of the track is un-CKy like starting with only drummer Jess Margera's intro, but once the guitars of Chad Ginsburg and vocalist Deron Miller kick in, it is unmistkenably Camp Kill Yourself. No band i have ever heard of mixes the influences of Malevolent Creation, G.G. Allin and classic rock bands so well to create one of the most unique sounds in rock today.

Although they are without a permanent bassist at this point, they have not let that slow their assault on the pussified bands of mainstream radio. It's a shame that their label (Island/DefJam) is just sitting on them and doing nothing to promote them.

This is one of those rare albums that starts hard and carries the momentum throughout all 11 tracks. Unlike IDR which fell slightly after Inhuman Creation Station and ended with an acoustic sounding track, Close Yet Far.

Well worth the 13 bucks i paid

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
|Nuno|
Regular User

Thanks for the review, Z.

I must say that I haven't heard CKY's music yet, but I've been hearing a lot of good things about this album, so I'll check it out later.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

www.ckymusic.com

www.ckyalliance.com

Couple links for you to check them out 8)

Old 08-27-2005, 02:09 PM   #4
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
www.ckymusic.com

www.ckyalliance.com

Couple links for you to check them out 8)

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Ok, now that i've had it for a little over a week (and it hasn't left my cd player ) i can finally give a run down of my favorite songs.

the first track, Suddenly Tragic, is straight away an instant hit just with one line of the chorus: "why put the gun to your head if you're already dead?" Obviously coming from Deron Miller's love of horror movies. (for even further proof of this, find their video for Escape From Hellview).

Second favorite is track 10, Sniped. The Death/Black Metal influence is blatant in both guitar riffs and vocals but not to the point where you can't understand the lyrics.

track 6 (Tripled Manic State) is 3rd on my list. I don't know why, it's just a good song

Track 7, Behind the Screams, is an acoustic instrumental that Deron recorded a few years ago. It was on one of the CKY videos i think though i can't remember which one. I know i said the CD maintains it's momentum and even though this is acoustical, it still carries on, much like the way Metallica's To Live is To Die does before they launch right into Decit is Striking Gold.

those are just the 4 of 11 tracks that really stand out.