Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Saleen S7
subzero 27 43.55%
cool 22 35.48%
uncool 8 12.90%
seriously uncool 5 8.06%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
System
Regular User

Default Saleen S7

System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmuller
Sub-Zero.<---PERIOD, end of story, no questions asked
It's such a beast of a car that JC and Top Gear are afraid to test it because they wouldn't have anything to complain about and it would disprove his resentment of american sports cars. Anyone who says otherwise is no better than JC himself and all his ridiculous anti-U.S. remarks. Whether you'll admit it or not, it's an awesome car and you know it.
what exactly is your source for this?
Old 08-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Skaala
Originally Posted by bmuller
Sub-Zero.<---PERIOD, end of story, no questions asked
It's such a beast of a car that JC and Top Gear are afraid to test it because they wouldn't have anything to complain about and it would disprove his resentment of american sports cars. Anyone who says otherwise is no better than JC himself and all his ridiculous anti-U.S. remarks. Whether you'll admit it or not, it's an awesome car and you know it.
what exactly is your source for this?
its barely cool

anybody who's been within 15 feet knows why.

its performance is mind blowing..... its more of a race car for the road then the Enzo even.... but come on... why are the bolts for the CF body panels on the outside?

it just isn't a finished product...
Old 08-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
gucom
Regular User

its cool, but simply being insanely fast doesn't make a car sub-zero (ultima GTR wouldnt stand a chance of even getting near sub-zero), it just has to have something special, this doesn't imo. its country of origin has nothing to do with it. (a dodge viper would stand a better chance with me of being SZ than this for instance)
Old 08-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
pagani
Regular User

The saleen is a kick ass car.
Who cares how it looks like
Performance/handling is the most importand thing in a car for me.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

To fault the S7 for the same things you praise multiple other supercars for shows that you're just nit picking and trying to find something wrong with it.
huh?

I praise the Z06 for having bolts on the outside of its body work? I praise the Bugatti Veyron for having bolts on the outside of its body work? I praise the Vector for having bolts on the outside of its body work? Where the F40 is glued together, the S7 doesn't look like that.

The F40 never guised itself under the guise of a luxery exotic; whereas the S7 does.

When Steve Saleens Best Man agrees with me, as well as Saleen Engineers... I must be on to something 8)

Drive one? Not yet...
Old 08-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
gucom
Regular User

if its worth anything the only cool bit about the MB SLR is the McLaren badge imo...
Old 08-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #8
spanky
Regular User

More race than road car but cool car.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #9
TNT
Regular User

one of the best unseen supercars. one day Saleen will be put up against the big names and just destroy them and show them how to do it.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:22 AM   #10
Mattk
Regular User

It's cool, but nothing special. When I first looked at the front of the S7, I thought it looked like a rip-off of the F50. In any case, it lacks the X-factor that makes something subzero.

Now I could be mistaken and pardon me for asking, but isn't this a sports car forum
So? The Cool Wall on Top Gear is about first impressions, basically whether a car looks cool or not.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #11
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Almost the same looks as the racecar... looks like a McLaren GTR updated to 2005 specs I love it... and the S7TT is Veyron fast - subzero!
Yeh I thought exactly the same and the rear taillights are virtually identical. I chose cool because yes its fast and yes it looks good but it just doesn't mean as much to me than the macca or an f40. IMO it will never be remembered to alot of people, just those few hardcore enthusiasts who know their stuff. Like bmuller
McLaren4eVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #12
nthfinity
Regular User

Yeh I thought exactly the same and the rear taillights are virtually identical. I chose cool because yes its fast and yes it looks good but it just doesn't mean as much to me than the macca or an f40. IMO it will never be remembered to alot of people, just those few hardcore enthusiasts who know their stuff. Like bmuller
few hardcore enthusiasts?

what BS

you know that they built 42 in 2005, and nearly 60 scheduled for this year?
what does Koenigsegg do, what does Zonda do.... barely 1 per month.

this car is more XJ220 then it is F1... it is more spec GT1 car then it is F1. Form follows function; and i do love it.... but it will never be subzero.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #13
Mattk
Regular User

I would doubt Pagani even builds 1 Zonda every month.

when it comes to a sports car looks are one of the last things that should be looked at!!
I wouldn't want to drive around in a sports car which looked like crap. I just wouldn't feel good driving it.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #14
jorge
Regular User

This car is absolutely subzero.

I would love to see some european publications testing it someday, i think it´s a very good competitor for european supercars
Old 09-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #15
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I'm tired of these stupid reasons for whether it's cool or not. It's all up to you. Once you see it, you should be able to tell if it's cool or not, there shouldn't be a rational reason as to whether or not something is cool or not. Then it stops being about the question of coolness.

I say it's cool. I've been to the factory, i've seen parts strewn about in the R&D labs, does it make it cool? no. It doesn't. But I think it's cool. You look at the GT series races, and you look at it, it's cool. You might not think so, but i do. So stfu. No one cares about your reasons, only you do. So stop arguing.

By the way. I've been to that wall in the car pic.