Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #121
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

driving force pro can be had for about $100 USD used
Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #122
nthfinity
Regular User

I played Prologue for the first time on Friday..... The AWD cars are boring at best... and would really need some suspension fine tuning to turn them into oversteery-tight handing cars.

The C6 Z06... OMFG!!11!1111!
The F430 was pretty good too!

I was watching my friend play... and was really worried the game was crap. The Z06 would understeer through every corner, and only the worst situations caused him to oversteer nearly perpindicular to the track, then wildly swing to the other side ..... scrubbing so much speed before recovering....

I get a hold of his FFB wheel for my turn.... before starting the race.... it all makes sense. Mode switched to :
Professional
0 Traction control
0 Stability Control
Full FFB.

OMFG, the game feels ~Almost~ as good as GTR !!!

The C6 is a big power, oversteery car you have to throw into the corners, and balance the throttle until you start exiting.... mashing the gas mid-corner just makes you spin, or get so sideways you lose too much speed I LOVE THIS!

Within a few laps, I have a decent handle on the car, and am lapping faster then my friend using so many aids to help him.... he's surprised, as he said " this is going to be funny" when I first took the wheel.....which it was.... but he wasn't laughing after 3 laps of Suzuka He tried it.... well... some people have it, others dont (right away) hehe

Prologue puts a serious pull on my wallet to buy a PS3, and Prologue..... but I know I'll have all those cars, and more when it is released this fall. I look forward to it

Oh....... "drifting" is quite easy in 5.... where it doesn't last very long in 4..... if you squint your eyes with a 1080p TV.... it looks almost like it is real life! the interior of the car is fully done..... the way the "driver" takes his hand off the wheel in anticipation of the shift.... man.... I LOVE this game!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:55 AM   #123
waggles
Regular User

I currently have the online record for the drift mode, DB9, Suzuka. My ID's snrsgtmol. Add me if you want.

Will only show up on the PAL and Japanese versions. They need to fix that >.>
waggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #124
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I've been wondering. Why is GT5: P rated T? It says it's got suggestive themes.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #125
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I played Prologue for the first time on Friday..... The AWD cars are boring at best... and would really need some suspension fine tuning to turn them into oversteery-tight handing cars.

The C6 Z06... OMFG!!11!1111!
The F430 was pretty good too!

I was watching my friend play... and was really worried the game was crap. The Z06 would understeer through every corner, and only the worst situations caused him to oversteer nearly perpindicular to the track, then wildly swing to the other side ..... scrubbing so much speed before recovering....

I get a hold of his FFB wheel for my turn.... before starting the race.... it all makes sense. Mode switched to :
Professional
0 Traction control
0 Stability Control
Full FFB.

OMFG, the game feels ~Almost~ as good as GTR !!!

The C6 is a big power, oversteery car you have to throw into the corners, and balance the throttle until you start exiting.... mashing the gas mid-corner just makes you spin, or get so sideways you lose too much speed I LOVE THIS!

Within a few laps, I have a decent handle on the car, and am lapping faster then my friend using so many aids to help him.... he's surprised, as he said " this is going to be funny" when I first took the wheel.....which it was.... but he wasn't laughing after 3 laps of Suzuka He tried it.... well... some people have it, others dont (right away) hehe

Prologue puts a serious pull on my wallet to buy a PS3, and Prologue..... but I know I'll have all those cars, and more when it is released this fall. I look forward to it

Oh....... "drifting" is quite easy in 5.... where it doesn't last very long in 4..... if you squint your eyes with a 1080p TV.... it looks almost like it is real life! the interior of the car is fully done..... the way the "driver" takes his hand off the wheel in anticipation of the shift.... man.... I LOVE this game!
You're really making me want to play GT5 . . . with the nannies off of course . . . must think about finals . . .
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #126
Vansquish
Regular User

Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but it looks as if Kazunori Yamauchi has officially confirmed that GT5 will have damage modelling and that it will be available as a download for GT5P

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/864/864142p1.html

I guess this is really old news, but I wasn't aware of it hehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #127
ae86_16v
Regular User

Man delayed until 2010. When is PS4 coming out again?

Ouch:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...ismo-5-delayed
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #128
HeilSvenska
Regular User

^The chances of me buying a PS3 is dwindling slowly but surely.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #129
RC45
Regular User

I do believe the fact that htey ar e"concentrating on GT5 Prologue" means that some DLC over the next 2 years will keep everyone going.

And when GT5 finally "ships", it will just be a downlaoded patch and not an actual disc at all
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:16 AM   #130
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
^The chances of me buying a PS3 is dwindling slowly but surely.
Yeah, I got a couple of friends that are just waiting for that game. Hmm.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:47 PM   #131
Vansquish
Regular User

GT5 Prologue has apparently been featured at the British Motor Show and moreover, as a special addition the Lotus Evora has been made available to show-goers for a "virtual test-drive".

http://www.gtplanet.net/new-lotus-ev...mo-5-prologue/

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote