Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-10-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Default pics and some information about the gt turbo 1600 225bhp

Although the pics arent from the greatest car ever in the history of rallying, touring car.........the car in question is very interesting IMO.......

There you go the pics.....

By the way...the way that the car is prepared is not the same as the usual renault 5 Gt turbo.....thats why i decided to open this topic particulartly according to the car......the car in question has a 1600 (instead of the 1400) which develops 225 bhp...in order to get a better acceleration, the gearbox is changed in order to get 180km/h as maximum...furthermore the car is lightened a lot using a lot of in it fiber....(the car must weight 850kg at most)....in addition...the car has is a bit widened in order to get more grip on bends, and it has wide 16" wheels (the same as the Clio 16 group A), and the brakes according to the wheels size... naturally, the car has of course some good mechanical differential(the tricky one to get used to), and if this is not enough to make the car awesome, the renault 5 gt turbo has added the bang-bang in order to get the turbo more efficient, and some sequential gearbox to make the car faster.........in conclusion....the car is really quick on twisty roads, the sound of the car is amazing....and the impresion of the car when watching it when rallying is amazing, and the car, despite its efficiency it must be very tricky to drive, once it has 225 turbo bhp in a front wheel drive car, hard setting suspensions, and the wheelbase of the car is short as well once the lenght of the car is 3.70 meters....
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote