Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 09-24-2004, 10:11 PM   #16
tigerx
Regular User

!!!NEW MODEL ADDED!!!

WELL BAD NEWS FIRST, i wasn't able to pickup one of the Ford GT40 ( that i literally cream my pant when i saw it) at the store, why? becaus i wanted a Mk2 and they have only 1 mk2 which they already sold, they only have 2 mk4 left, so i went to another store, and to my surprise, the mk2 was there but the price was like 300$ which is out of my league. THE GOOD NEWS, i was able to pickup a GMP 1/18th mustang boss 302, the quality is Very good (it better be for 169$ LMFAO, it's the most expensive model in my collection lol, there was only one left in the store ).
Old 09-24-2004, 10:52 PM   #17
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Hey, don't feel bad about the IKEA set up. At least you have them in something respectable. Really, the glass shelves make it look like a store display almost. Mine are just up on a shelf that was already in my apartment when i moved in. and the two F1 cars are sitting on top of my TV, so you could be doing worse i guess.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:12 PM   #18
tigerx
Regular User

i guess, but it can't hold alot of cars.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:13 AM   #19
ZfrkS62
Regular User

the nice thing about IKEA is they have alot of stuff for cheap

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:34 AM   #20
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx
Screw all of those, i've set my sight on 1 single model now, it's as expensive as both those car together.

it's a 1:18th Ford GT40 mk2 made by Exoto, i've located them somewhere in toronto. they cost around 250$ canadian for 1 car, but the details is amazing, i'm not rich enough for the 1:10 or 1:12 version of this car which cost like 1000+ so i'm gonna have to go with this one. wish me luck guys, they only have 3 of them left. and Exoto isn't supplying them with models anymore, the day will be next friday .

here's some info on the model:
http://www02.exoto.com/Cashier/index....asp&Model1=71
I have the Standox Suzuka Sun GT40 MkII from Exoto...it is the single most detailed, wonderful car in my collection...good luck finding one and getting it for a reasonable price...there are usually quite a few on Ebay and a lot of times you can beat retail price that way.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #21
tigerx
Regular User

hmm the one i saw at the store was a gold GT40, it's VERY small, alot smaller then my ford GT, which was kinda weird. but the details is UNBELIEVABLE.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #22
tigerx
Regular User

good news, i'm returning the mustang, in order to save up a lil money and buy the ford GT40!!!! nothing wrong with the stang though, it's beautiful, but the ford GT40 is still a ford GT40