Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 03-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

Nice video Pagani

This is a car that has grown on me in the past few months... Just as S7 production ends, the SSC fills in that gap

Originally Posted by leblanc2.0 View Post
Sorry but this car is a piece off trash,ugly,bad engineered,etc.
What makes you think that it's poorly engineered piece of trash? What do you know that we don't ???
Old 03-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
The drag coefficient is 0.357??? That seems really high when compared to many less sleek looking cars. Then again, I think many manufacturers nowadays aren't particularily honest about the CD as it's not something that is easily tested like 0-60 times.
The Veyron is .36 in "top speed mode" and .37 in normal configuration, and a mid .37 for High d/f mode.... just as a comparison...
Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #18
pagani
Regular User

Smile

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Nice video Pagani

This is a car that has grown on me in the past few months... Just as S7 production ends, the SSC fills in that gap

What makes you think that it's poorly engineered piece of trash? What do you know that we don't ???
It's the new american supercar king
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #19
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
The veryron is just a computer on wheels.
But its a computer that works...

leblanc2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #20
79TA
Regular User

It should be apparent that the SSC doesn't deserve the kitcar moniker. Save that sort of insult for the Factory Five GTM cars. I assume by bends you mean that it handles well. It weighs about 33% more than the SSC and I can assure you the SSC would run circles around a Veyron at any given track.

The Veyron does have more complex design as it was designed with a luxury aspect in mind. This is what sets the Veyron apart from other cars in my mind. You can go to 253 comfortably. That same speed can be neared or eclipsed by other cars but it's much more exciting (uncomfortable.) Being enthusiastic about the SSC does not mean disrespecting the Veyron. I see no problem in comparing the two cars. I still love the Veyron. I don't know why can't atleast respect the SSC for what it is.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #21
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Originally Posted by Veedub View Post
You probably know that the Koenigsegg's engine is made by Ford US, don't you ?

Yes like Ford GT.

Now Koenigsegg's engine is made by themselfs.Its a racing engine.And you have nascar and other races.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

Yes like Ford GT.

Now Koenigsegg's engine is made by themselfs.Its a racing engine.And you have nascar and other races.
While it is now made by the Koenigsegg, the CCX engine is wholly of a design from Lansing, Michigan

Again, are you going to back from your statement, or are you going to defend it with substance?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #23
79TA
Regular User

^I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the koenigsegg engine is nothing more than something slightly custom out of the Dart engine block catalogue.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for you to explain and support your comments about the SSC.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

^I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the koenigsegg engine is nothing more than something slightly custom out of the Dart engine block catalogue.
Oh, the engine is exotic componentry, all right.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #25
Carbodiox
Regular User

Our cars are in other level,that US cars cant reach.Your cars only need to last 4 years.

But dont think that i hate all US cars.I like the Mustang Rouch,Ford GTX1,old GT40 and the beautiful Shelby GT500.

I totaly second that.

It's [aero] not even close to style, usfulness and complexity of design and engeneering of its biggest competitor Veyron.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #26
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Engines with double overhead cams are hardly engineering marvels as they, like the pushrod V8's, have been around since the 1930's. Also, variable valve timing has yet to do anything outstanding for the performance of normal production cars. I'm still not seeing any specific points. But of course, being an American enthusiastic about the SSC must mean I'm single-minded and short-sited right?
Man its you that say that not me.

Its a question of tastes.I like red cars and you blue perhaps.Its a diferent point of view.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #27
79TA
Regular User

Yes, one point of view, mine, has been backed up by some actual points. Another, that where the SSC is arbitrarily disprespected, is nothing more than an unbacked claim. Take your pick I guess.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

Man its you that say that not me.

Its a question of tastes.I like red cars and you blue perhaps.Its a diferent point of view.
What does "different point of view" have to do with how well a car is engineered?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #29
Carbodiox
Regular User

nthfinity sorry and no offence but if u think that all that u have mentioned amaricans did first for ex with mid engine car read more about history of motor (and european) engeneering
Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #30
79TA
Regular User

I know the Veyron's tires wouldn't last too long at 250 mph but is that really the reason they'd limit the speed? People at Bonneville can seem to find suitable tires. Then again, those are usually strictly for top speed runs.