Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 09-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #16
obdr
Regular User

I like the challenges too.......but I preferred the "race" challenges more then the goofball ones. I like the goofball ones mixed in every ounce in awhile but I prefer the old style of challenges where Clarckson would race something like a Merc/Mclaren SLR against Hampster and Co. taking the cruise ship/train/light aircraft and such. Those challenges were amazing.

Im still waiting for JC to take a Gallardo spyder on a challenge accross the USA from coast to coast against his mates taking a Greyhound bus.
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #17
coloradosilver
Regular User

It seems that we rarely get to see the good old fun car reviews anymore.

It's always some sort of car challenge, and sometime it's something that doesn't really have to do much with cars.

I like it when its just the driver in the car doing the review on the road and around the track.

Don't get me wrong, I love the challenges. But I think I liked the Top Gear of a Few years ago more than the TG of today.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #18
martin100
Regular User

Sounds promising! And by the way, i like the challenges too, though the earlier ones like the convertible people carrier were more funny than the later ones. But the petrol growing challenge was hilarious aswell

And i can´t wait for the R8 review, hopefully in old school TG quality

BTW, is this series aired in HD or not?
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #19
gangajas
Regular User

Change of plans:

Originally Posted by Radio Times
In the first of a new series. Jeremy, Richard and James drive three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the best roads.
Probably, these three:

http://i23.tinypic.com/168x3pi.jpg

Plus Jeremy finds out what happens when you put a Bentley engine into a VW Golf (), and Dame Helen Mirren is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #20
Svensson
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Change of plans:

In the first of a new series. Jeremy, Richard and James drive three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the best roads.
Probably, these three:

Now that sounds more like it!

Plus Jeremy finds out what happens when you put a Bentley engine into a VW Golf (), and Dame Helen Mirren is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car
This is of course the Volkswagen Golf GTI W12-650 Concept.

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Sounds a bit like the comparo across France with the Zonda, the F430 and another car I don't remember now
Ford GT
:arrow: http://www.jabbasworld.net/dload.php...e&file_id=1346
Old 09-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #21
martin100
Regular User

Still, no news if this series will be aired in HD or not?
Old 09-29-2007, 03:50 PM   #22
vexor
Regular User

Change of plans:

Probably, these three:

yep ur right, i've changed the first post so it should all be good now

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #23
SilviaEvo
Regular User

wow its been so long since the last season im hella excited for this one!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:49 AM   #24
blue8
Regular User

TGTV preview: Veyron vs jet fighter

There are just six days to go until the new series of Top Gear returns to your Sunday night on BBC Two.

Throughout the week, we'll be counting down to lift-off with sneak previews of the biggest challenges, races and stunts that you can look forward to in the new series.

And races don't come much bigger than this one: the Bugatti Veyron against the RAF's new Eurofighter Typhoon jet.

See, when Jeremy raced Richard and James across Europe - him in a Veyron and the other two in a washing-machine-with-a- propellor-on-the-front - a few of the boys from the RAF got a bit upset that it wasn't a fair fight.

They had a point, in fairness - the finest piece of automotive engineering in history versus a clattery Cessna 182 was only ever going to end one way.

So the RAF offered up their base for a proper race: a two-mile sprint between the Veyron and a jet fighter.

That's a mile to the end of the runway and back for the Veyron, while the jet plane - being able to fly and all - had to go a mile straight up in the air and then, well, a mile straight back down again.

A fair fight? Of course not. A close race? You'll just have to wait until Sunday to find out.

The new series of Top Gear starts this Sunday at 8pm on BBC2.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #25
vexor
Regular User

here's a more detailed preview of this week's episode

The wait is nearly over. On Sunday night Top Gear will return to your television, and you won't believe what we've got in store.

All week we've been counting down to the big day with exclusive previews (if you missed out, see the list below) and every week we'll be bringing you an exclusive video clip from the upcoming show.

But first, this week. On Sunday night's show you'll see Jeremy drive the awesome Golf W12 - VW's 641bhp present to itself to celebrate the GTi's 30th anniversary. It's a great piece of film - so good that we nabbed an exclusive little promo video for you to watch before Sunday's show.

The big film involves the latest crop of Atkins-diet supercars and a hunt for the world's greatest driving roads. It's a two-parter with Jeremy falling in love all over again with the Gallardo Superlegerra, Richard chasing hard in bright green Porsche GT3 RS and James trapped miles behind in an airconless Aston N24 race car.

This week's star in our reasonably priced car is A-lister Dame Helen Mirren and we also see a welcome, if slightly scorched, return of the Cool Wall. If give away any more details, they won't let us in next week.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #26
Caplax40
Regular User

^^^^^^ Haha James always gets the short end of the stick!
Caplax40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:54 AM   #27
blue8
Regular User

More details:
As we take the tyre-warmers off a new series of Top Gear, the wait’s almost over. We’ve got ten whole episodes of excellent-ness ready to unleash on your Sunday night viewing schedule, and you simply won’t believe what Messrs Clarkson, Hammond and May have been up to over the past couple of months.

So, for one night of the week at least, you can banish cookery and home-improvement programmes from your screen and enjoy some good old-fashioned petrol-based fun.

In episode one, we decided to find the finest driving road in Europe. Coincidentally, Lamborghini, Porsche and Aston Martin have recently seen fit to release a brace of new lightweight road-racers in the form of the Gallardo Superleggera, 911 GT3 RS and V8 Vantage N24. To quote Hammond, I think you can see where this is going.

Also in the first programme, Jeremy takes to the test track in an improbably powerful VW Golf, and we put a monarch (sort of) in our reasonably priced car when Dame Helen Mirren comes to visit.

Later in the series, we’ll treat you to a selection of massive challenges and stunts. You’ll see the glorious return of the amphibious cars, in a voyage that makes the crossing of a reservoir look a tiny bit feeble. We put the biofuel we grew last series to seriously good use. And we spend an entire programme in Africa as our intrepid presenters attempt one of our wildly over-ambitious, but cheap, races.

Also: it was massively delayed, gave some of the finest engineering minds in Europe nervous breakdowns, and is too expensive for all but the richest Arab potentates - and that’s just the car. Find out what happened when the Bugatti Veyron met the Eurofighter.

It might surprise you to know we’ve even thrown in some road tests and reviews of the most exciting and interesting cars to hit the road - including the latest Ferrari, Porsche-baiting new Audi R8 supercar and hotly tipped Caparo T1.

So, stop the clocks, silence the dog with a juicy bone and cancel anything you were planning to do on Sunday evenings for the next ten weeks - Top Gear is back!

Sunday 7, 8pm BBC Two

Repeated Wednesday 10, 7pm on BBC Two

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #28
gangajas
Regular User

Some short previews of this week's programme:

Gallardo SL, 911 GT3 RS and AM V8 N24:

http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...onnection.html

Golf GTI W12:

http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...onnection.html
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #29
martin100
Regular User

At least they got the 599 GTB on the show! The Caparo T1 should also be interesting! Seems to be an astonishing series once again
Old 10-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #30
stmoritzer
Regular User

Probably, these three:

!!, they have been in the Swiss Alps, the picture is taken in Davos, a swiss alpine resort close to St.Moritz - means plenty of mountain roads ahead

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote