Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 06-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #31
Daggernite
Regular User

So the film is out now?

Its going to be fun reading about all the lives lost where dumbasses have tryed drifting, and then actually drove straight into a family. I see it coming, I hope im wrong though.

Remeber guys... "if your not out of control, your not in control" :roll:
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #32
5vz-fe
Regular User

Remeber guys... "if your not out of control, your not in control"
huh?
Old 06-18-2006, 06:46 PM   #33
TopGearNL
Regular User

I won't like it, but probably see it, there will be no escape
Old 06-18-2006, 08:58 PM   #34
sikx5
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
^^^ By spending money to watch it in the theatres you just guaranteed a FF4.

Just admit it - each of you folks who went to watch actually like this shit and it made you all gooey and turned on

You all wished you had cars like that

All y'all have been outed..
Lets hope there wont be a FF4, but im sure i didnt help that cause

I will admit i very much liked the proper Jap tuned monsters, But the stickers is where i draw the line, keep the paint work clean! That chick was about the only thing that turned me on, that was worth the $5.50au movie ticket

hxxp://damnimcute.com/cutie-of-the-day/cotd-nathalie-kelley/

(change the XX to TT)
Old 06-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #35
TT
Regular User

Ok, I watched it too and I admit I was kinda surprised since I managed not to stop halfway through it!

Possible spoilers...

Most of the stuff is so exagerated and over the line that you just don't bother about the details. The cars are the usual piece of riced shit, and the stunts not so impressive. But there are some nice powerslides here and there, and although there is for sure some edtiing cutting here and there, some of hte races are quite interesting. Too bad most of it is at night :bah: it kinda makes it harder to understand what's going on, but the drifting in the car park, if real, is top notch
The Mustang with Nissan I6 engin is funny as hell LOL

I adored Keiichi Tsuchiya cameo and was damn surpised to see Vin Diesel at the end

No shit, it's the usual FF stuff but it's enjoyable, and I kinda liked the idea of this "young" lad (of course the actor is too old for his role IMO) moving to Japan and discovering the car scene, the mafia problems and such.. really nice japanese atmosphere throughout the movie
Old 06-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #36
RC45
Regular User

^^ only problem is "street drifitng" and "street racing" is no longer the rage in Japan

Most of it is at night - as thats the easiest type of light to do alll the fake CG and slow-motion "stunys"
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:13 AM   #37
TT
Regular User

Well, anyway I doubt the stuff they pretend "normal" in the movie was ever the rage down there this doesn't detract to a movie that anyway doesn't want to be realistic
Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #38
FoxFour
Regular User

I saw the movie the other night and enjoyed it for what it was, a good popcorn movie. The cars were certainly more realistic- no neon or goofy stickered cars, no multi-colored exhaust flames. These cars were representative of the actual cars that you would see in that area of the world.
I saw no CG effects as far as how the cars performed, what you saw is what the drivers actually did. Remember the scene in the commercial when you see the 350Z drift up that very narrow lane that circles up to the top of the garage? The director thought that the scene could not be done by actually drifting, they were talking about using cables and such to give the impression that the car was actually drifting. Rys Millen told the director that he thought that he could do it, and he did without touching the walls at all.
The only time that I suspected that they used CG was when the two drift cars touge' down the mountain in the movie's climax. It was a distant shot of the two cars racing and then the camera zooms out as the cars rush by.
From what I understand, over 120 cars were modified for this film. The main cars had extensive engine and suspension upgrades. The main 350Z that the 'baddie' drives was a twin-turbo powered car that put out 450 hp to the wheels. That Chevelle that we see in the beginning of the movie racing the Viper had a 500+ cubic inch big block with some serious suspension work. And that '67 Mustang with the Skyline engine- Me likey!
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #39
TT
Regular User

Am I crazy or do I see only sort of positive reviews so far? so I am not alone
Old 06-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #40
AlienDB7
Regular User

All I can say is.... I was surprised.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #41
gigdy
Regular User

Well atleast they stopped trying to have a plot.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #42
T-Bird
Regular User

well you boys convinced meto go see it and I was very suprised I think it was the best of the 3 but yes Bow Wow didn't have to be in there. did anyone else realize that the rich boy that drives dadies Viper into the concrete pipe was the oldest kid from Home Improvement?
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #43
ARMAN
Regular User

I liked it too, suprisingly. The end of movie was the best imo

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #44
evoWalo
Regular User

Old 06-30-2006, 09:40 AM   #45
r2r
Regular User

^^^
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote