Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 08-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Z06 vs Gallardo, Diablo, 360CS & 911...

...interesting who was actually dominating...

Could the Z06 driver be better than all those exotic drivers?

I leave it up to you to decide...

http://photos.imageevent.com/crazydu...n2hamptons.wmv
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
kenneth2000
Regular User

Interesting ......

Not to shabby ...
kenneth2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #3
sikx5
Regular User

Thanks for the link RC, Great Video, Some awesome Ferrari footage there!

The driver of the F-50 looked quite young too!

Well done to the vette there, but im guessing its not stock standard like most of the other cars there...He had good control of the vette too, both hands on the wheel.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:18 AM   #4
bmagni
Regular User

havent downloaded it, but i bet it has to have something pro-vette , u woulndt post it otherwise

Originally Posted by sikx5
if its the hamptons drive im thinking of, it mught be budags brother
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #5
sikx5
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
havent downloaded it, but i bet it has to have something pro-vette , u woulndt post it otherwise

if its the hamptons drive im thinking of, it mught be budags brother
hahahaha yeah i just saw that topic right now, Nice dad to share his toys 8)
Old 08-09-2005, 12:35 AM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Thanks for the link RC, Great Video, Some awesome Ferrari footage there!

Well done to the vette there, but im guessing its not stock standard like most of the other cars there...He had good control of the vette too, both hands on the wheel.
Actually that Vette has the same mods I do... longtube headers, intake and catback - the 2003 cam gives him 20hp on me.

390rwhp - and many of those other cars also have similar mods - exhaust and intake, the simplest mods.

You don't have to explain it away, the car is just a lot better than folks give it credit for.

The driver also knows the 911TT and Gallardo and 360CS drivers pretty well - and has he ahs reported that's pretty much how all their encounters end.

He always walks the 360CS's hard, runs neck and neck with the 911TT's and the Gallardo and him are always sharing wins... sometimes he walks past - sometimes the G-Car gets one over on him.

The Diablo is also somewhat predicatable - but of course keep running and the Diablo will show the Z, CS, 911TT and Gallardo its 200mph heals as well.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:47 AM   #7
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Cool vid, odd how the 911TT seems to be about the same speed were usualy the TT gets beaten by the 360s when things get passed 100mph
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:51 AM   #8
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Cool vid, odd how the 911TT seems to be about the same speed were usualy the TT gets beaten by the 360s when things get passed 100mph
Weren't they Stradale's the Corvette raced? Still couldnt edge the stock Turbo S though
Old 08-09-2005, 12:53 AM   #9
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\Exactly. 360Ms take the edge at high speed over the 996TTs, and these are CS's which are even faster and they cant do the same as the TT? Doesnt make sense Dunno what the CS guys did, not that I care, but I just find it strange.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:59 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Spoken like true fan-boys that haven't seen their "hero's" in action in real life

There you have it on film how in a real sitation (not magazine racing) how things go down when the pedal hits the metal, yet STILL we have denial...

The numbers don't always tell it how it is on the road.

But I think this video just proves that magazine numbers as close as these cars are means who ever gets the jump has the race.

Obviously certain cars, like the Diablo have the legs to catch up and pass any of the participants there.

The runs are also impromptu ones, where folks will hesitate amybe be slow to shift, only run up and shift 500rpm before redline etc.

So - as far as being a definitive "this car beats that car - always" - of course that's not the case - what it shows is that any of those cars are capabale of delivering super-car performance with on mash of the right foot

In other words they are awesome fucking fun to play with.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:07 AM   #11
sikx5
Regular User

Yeah thats true. But in that footage, it looked like some of the drivers mis-shifted, i noticed when he was going at the porsche, something happend there to drop off speed so quick, then come back again.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:08 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Yeah thats true. But in that footage, it looked like some of the drivers mis-shifted, i noticed when he was going at the porsche, something happend there to drop off speed so quick, then come back again.
Everytime? Surely you don't mean to imply that F-Car, G-Car, L-Car and Porker drivers suck - bigtime ??? hehehe
Old 08-09-2005, 01:10 AM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

i never thought it was hard to drive a manuel 0X

although, it may be harder to drive 400 ponies all the time, as ive only done it... once ops:
Old 08-09-2005, 01:13 AM   #14
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Spoken like true fan-boys that haven't seen their "hero's" in action in real life

There you have it on film how in a real sitation (not magazine racing) how things go down when the pedal hits the metal, yet STILL we have denial...
D00de, there are numerous BM vids were the 360s take a big leap forward when speeds gets passed the 1/4 mile mark. Ever seen those long ass oval runs? 360s always had the edge at top speed, so take it as you want. Seeing as the 996TT and this Vette were neck to neck, and seeing how many times the TT got beat by the 360M, 360M, not CS, M, I find it strange that the Vette took such a leap forward not right off the bat, were it should from all the low end grunt but at the top, were the high revving F car should have the edge.

Its not numbers, its real footage and common sense, so again, take it as you want. No point in arguing.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:21 AM   #15
sikx5
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Everytime? Surely you don't mean to imply that F-Car, G-Car, L-Car and Porker drivers suck - bigtime ??? hehehe
hahahaha well probably the porker driver

but everone makes mistakes. Interesting to see what would happen if a corner happened to rise up.