Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-06-2004, 08:22 AM   #1
mindgam3
Regular User

Default My drive in an M3 @ Rockingham raceway [added videos]

Went to drive an M3 round rockhingham a few months back and thought id post a few pics. Theres a fair few CSL's there too that they were testing, they look so mean in black. Got a few small vids too if anyone wants them....

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286340237
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:31 AM   #2
jon_s
Regular User

Nice!

How much did it cost, and who did you do it through? Did you get a lot of track time?
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

Thanks for the big pics UK is for sure the trackday/track experience realm!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:37 AM   #4
mindgam3
Regular User

http://www.rockingham.co.uk/experiences/index.cfm

Cost £170 I think, you get about 25 minutes track time which dosent sound too long but its good for about 10 laps n considering your hammering a 40 grand car around I think it was well worth it Plus you get one lap passenger ride with the instuctor to show u how its really done Hopefully im going again this summer, might try the elise this time but the m3 and its striaght six was sooo good. You get marks on several different aspects of racing/driving and i got better marks overall than a person there who acually owned an M3 as his regular car which made me feel pretty good Ill try post the vids, they're only small but it gives u a bit of an idea, Rockingham is an excellent circuit though with excellent facilities, i highly recomend it if you have the spare cash
Old 07-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #5
jon_s
Regular User

The UK is certainly where it is at in terms of track days, I did one last year and loved it. £170 sounds reasonable, so I might have a look into it!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:49 AM   #6
nutsy
Regular User

that must be a great experience i wish i can do so.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:08 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Dang for 170 £ I would jump on it!
Old 07-06-2004, 09:13 AM   #8
mindgam3
Regular User

hehe, mini cooper S for under £100 i think, looked just as entertaining, minus a few HP tho i've updated the album with 3 short videos, enjoy. Wish i'd taken my video camera in with me on the passenger lap but i forgot, all the videos taken are from by the pits on the main straight...
Old 07-08-2004, 08:32 PM   #9
s4racer
Regular User

That looks like a lot of fun. I just attended a BMW sponsored autocross with the new X3, with guidance from prof. racing drivers, that was pretty fun too, but probably can't compare to an M3 on a race track.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
s4racer is offline   Reply With Quote