Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #46
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
I've owned every Need For Speed game ever made. My favorite by far was Need For Speed Porsche Unleased. The driving dynamics were spot on, you could tune the cars a little to make them a bit personal and a bit faster.
I hope you are kidding. NFS has always been arcadish.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #47
ViperASR
Regular User

I was talking about Porsche being good. The earlier ones wernt that bad for their time, obviously they arnt great anymore, but at their time they were pretty good.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #48
Vansquish
Regular User

The NFS game with the best physics was by far the NFS1. 1SE wasn't too bad either, but it was essentially a mild modification of the original. Each of the subsequent versions made the series far more arcade-ey and gave the cars far less realistic physical characteristics. The mild exception to this was Porsche Unleashed, but that having been said, it was still far more arcadey than the original game.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:52 AM   #49
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426
Originally Posted by thamar
NFS has always been arcade, don't bitch about that! If you want realism buy FIA GTR (2) or the other one simbin released with the older cars. But then again you cry because it is to realistic and hard to play.

And the screenshots are allways the most riced out and extreme cars they show, because they have a big public that likes it. And you can allways go rather clean with the NFS series when it comes to the tuning of the cars.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!
WOW.... U act like like own a quarter of EA's stocks....or maybe you are on the marketing committee. Hmm.. fill us in please

I agree with the dutchman, he hit it on the nail.

Cept for the fact that lately it just got ghey. I want exotic cars in exotic locations with fun arcade physics, but nothing something plain wrong.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:59 AM   #50
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
The NFS game with the best physics was by far the NFS1. 1SE wasn't too bad either, but it was essentially a mild modification of the original. Each of the subsequent versions made the series far more arcade-ey and gave the cars far less realistic physical characteristics. The mild exception to this was Porsche Unleashed, but that having been said, it was still far more arcadey than the original game.

Well thats because NFS1 was actually a legit attempt at making a driving simulator...They got together with Road&Track to make a sim.

NFS2 and its successors where just pure arcade.

I loved all NFS up to 5.

NFS1 the game that got me into cars big time.

NFS2 was just great fun racing buddies split screen and having little tournaments in super exotics.

NFS3, a fucking legend of a game. Once again 550 and a Lambo SV Vs. Cops, it was something revolutionary, and the graphics at the time where amazing!

NFS4, well something of a service pack to NFS3, which cant be bad!

NFS5, great game, fun physics, a great FUN balance between arcade and mild sim.

NFS6 attempt at NFS3 which failed due to shitty physics and lame cops.

NFS7,8 just pure ghey.

To me NFS always was and always will be about super exotic cars at super exotic locations, running from cops, with interior view, dashboard gauges, and physics which ARE ARCADE but believable. Not utter bullshit like the underground series.

I loath for a new generation NFS3.

Id be happy with NFS3 with simply updated graphics, new sounds, more cars and tracks.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:58 AM   #51
ARMAN
Regular User

Anyone played Carbon already? How is it?

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #52
TopGearNL
Regular User

SFDMALEX, never call a Belgian a Dutchman!
Yep SFDMALEX don't do that, and never call a Dutchman a Belgian

I have seen and played Carbon a bit, all I can say is that if you didn't like Most Wanted you not gonna like Carbon, its the same feel.

God we need another NFS like Hot Pursuit 2 badly!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #53
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Anyone played Carbon already? How is it?
i am 80% something complete its good, good graphics, but its an arcade game more then sim. but i will prob. finish it today.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #54
TopGearNL
Regular User

Yeah, the dutchman will have a mentalbrakedown because he can't handle the stress of heaving a brain, manors and most of all he'll be able to speak french without sounding stupid
It's just to much for the dutchies
Well Im English actually so I don't care, but I guess your right

To tell you the truth Thamar they always laugh at the belgiums in Holland, saying their dumb and so on. But who always win the National Dutch Language test... The Belgiums!!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #55
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

the story is really shitty.. and the game is short as hell.. i only have the last race.. one good move by ea is that you DONT HAVE to rice your car.. so my CGT is stock and my Ford GT in the gulf colors is lovely but the cars are too shiny.. looks stupid.. maybe a mod will fix it..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote