Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-31-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default 24hours of Spa-Francorchamps

My visit to Francorchamps was great. The ex rally driver who gave me the free tickets is a great driver IMO. He has a Hyundai Coupé 2.0 and like he drives you really notice the fact that a FWD has it's weaknesses. One time we had such massive understeer that I though we were going into the trees. I also made lot's of small movies but I don't think it's worth sharing them, the best part (the sound) isn't in it and the resolution isn't good enough if you can't use a zoom.

Some pics of the racecars.
I know they’re not so good but my camera doesn’t have a good zoom function.

1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:10 PM   #2
Exige_240R
Regular User

it looks like you were having some trouble photographing those aston martins...

these are a couple of my pics of those cars, you know you could walk up to them?

the rest of them, and other race pictures are in the other Proximus 24hr thread, but it take me a couple of days before they are all ready to go online!

nice to see some other peoples pictures from the event too
Old 08-01-2005, 06:37 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

That green AMV8
Old 08-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

thanks for sharing, looks like it was a whole lot of fun great picture of the AMV8!
by the way, since ive never done an endurance race, how was the 24 hours? exhausting? did you stay til the end?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #5
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
thanks for sharing, looks like it was a whole lot of fun great picture of the AMV8!
by the way, since ive never done an endurance race, how was the 24 hours? exhausting? did you stay til the end?
thx for the comments. IMO the pics aren't so great, but I don't have such a good camera and the guy I was with didn't have a lot of patience or intrest in normal production cars. The nice cars make up for my crappy camerawork of course!!

Nope, didn't stay till the end. I arrived at Francorchamps at 8 in the morning and we left at 12 in the evening, when the 24 race had just started 8 hours earlier. But believe me, it was long enough IMO. 24hours is quite exhausting I suspect.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #6
Wutputt
Regular User

Some great sightings, especially the new AM V8 Vantage! How was the atmosphere around the track and inside the paddock?
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote