Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #46
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Why do they already speculate about possible RS6+ when even the standard RS6 is not released? Did Audi even plan the older RS6+ right from the beginning or did they just put it out kinda like a facelfted RS6?
I admit that it's a bit early to speak about a C6 RS6 Plus, but his arrival is more than probable if we base on a recent Audi tradition. This name "Plus" is reserved only for powerful and very limited-production models at the end of production. The first was the C4 S6 Plus (V8 4.2L N/A 322hp) in 1996/97 and the second was the C5 RS6 Plus (V8 4.2L biturbo 480hp) in 2004. Personally, I believe that it's a marketing strategy which is planned in the course of production. For the result: it's a success, because these models are rare and they are very expensive. Thus, expect only to see an C6 RS6 Plus at the end of production.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #47
blue8
Regular User

Here are our latest shots of the Audi RS6 Avant, destined to be one of the world’s baddest grocery-getters. The RS6 Avant adopts the visual cues seen on the RS6 sedan prototypes spotted earlier, which means a cleaner and meaner front fascia with revised intakes to feed air to the engine and brakes, and the removal of the S6’s LED light strips. The rear bumper has been reworked significantly. Large single exhaust pipes replace the S6’s dual-tip design, and an aggressive rear diffuser dominates the rear bumper.

Visual upgrades aside, the real story is in the RS6’s performance potential. Sources predict the addition of a turbocharger to the S6’s 5.2-liter V10 engine, which should generate something between 550 and 600 horsepower. Sources had been predicting a Frankfurt Motor Show debut this Fall, for the sedan. So if that holds true, it would seem sensible that this Avant would take its bow at the same time.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #48
Schwalbe

Thanks blue8 for the C6 RS6 update. I can't wait to see the production car next month at the Frankfurt Motorshow.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #49
Schwalbe

New Spy pix of the next C6 RS6. You can easily see turbo intercoolers, big fender flares and aggressive front fascia.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:32 AM   #50
Skaala
Regular User

Old 08-16-2007, 07:10 AM   #51
blue8
Regular User

On the Nurburgring:

Old 08-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #52
blue8
Regular User

:shock:
Audi’s RS6 will get more than 571hp
Posted on Monday 27 August 2007

preview_Audi_rs6_avant.jpgWe recently reported that leaked vehicle chassis codes for the new Audi RS6 specced the output from its twin-turbo V10 engine at 571hp (426kW). Recent information from a source at Audi, however, has put this figure in doubt. The reliable source claims that the 571hp will only be the specified figure Audi will market the car with. True output will be upwards of 600hp, with 610hp (455kW) pegged as the most likely figure. It looks like Audi is taking no chances with the ultimate “wolf in sheep’s clothing” model and even BMW’s excellent V10 motor will struggle to compete with this kind of power output.

To give you an idea of just how high this figure is, the RS6 will churn out more horses than the Corvette Z06, BMW M6, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Aston Martin DBS, Porsche 911 GT2, and even Mercedes’ epic bi-turbo V12 CL65 AMG.

While we’re always happy to see manufacturers pushing the limit, surely there comes a time when outright power figures get out of control. The previous RS6 wasn’t a slow car by any stretch of the imagination, but the new model will likely become the most practical supercar ever made. At least owners will have a full-time AWD system to help keep them out of trouble.
This seems insane and almost unreal for the RS6! I'm guessing though that if it is, the engine will also be fitted in the V10 R8!!

Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #53
Skaala
Regular User

Old 08-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #54
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by blue8
:shock:
Audi’s RS6 will get more than 571hp

This seems insane and almost unreal for the RS6! I'm guessing though that if it is, the engine will also be fitted in the V10 R8!!
I remain conservative for the engine output with 571 HP (DIN), if it's more that's awesome, but if not a simple addition of new Chip could make 610 HP as well.

A V10 biturbo under the engine bay of the R8 is what we all dreamed since the LeMans concept car with his famous V10 biturbo engine. But what I heard is that engine bay of the R8 is too tight to add a pair of turbos, only a N/A V10 can fit and Audi engineers have worked very hard to fit it. I'm still dreaming of a V10 biturbo inside the R8.

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Over 600hp is just insame... and I'm afraid those are the last high-powered sedans we're going to see. With all the major sport car makers heading the lightweight route... I'm pretty sure sedans like Audi, Mercs or BMW will follow soon after
I completely agree with you Dani about the German sedans "horsepower war" between (Audi/BMW/Mercedes), that cannot last indefinitely and they are perhaps the last representatives of this era...like American muscle cars of the early 70'. But just before the lightweight route will be taken, I hope Audi will offer an Audi RS6 with the V12 TDI engine of the R10 for the transition.

I'm glad to have lived in a era where cars have real engines and sound good before those future "green" cars who sound and drive like "electric household appliances".

Originally Posted by Skaala
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1boudlCsKw&mode=related&search=
Thanks mate for this video. Just couple weeks before the official launch at the IAA Motorshow.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:43 PM   #55
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

veyron wagon?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:55 AM   #56
Schwalbe

Here a new PS picture of the next C6 RS6.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #57
martin100
Regular User

^ That looks really realistic. I think it will very possibly look like that.
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #58
regele

That looks cool, I definitely like the smaller mirrors compared to the ones they use for the A5 and TT, but shouldn't it have LED fog lights?
Old 09-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #59
acmarttin
Regular User

Originally Posted by regele
but shouldn't it have LED fog lights?
That's what I was going to ask!

GMTA
Old 09-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #60
Skaala
Regular User