Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 07-11-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Rammstein: Reise, Reise

Had this a couple of days now and hadn't really had a chance to listen to it until now.

So far my favorite song is easily Mein Teil, (which i'm guessing translates to My Time or My Turn, not really sure) with Amerika (which actually has the chorus in english) being a confusing 2nd simply for the fact that i know it's mocking us but i can't really make out in which way. Wether it's calling us a bunch of overworked greed mongers, or the fact that we are more associated with corporate symbols and products now than with anything else. But at least we aren't being compared to a whore (Moskau)

Overall, i'd say the album is a bit more toned down coming off Mutter and seems to carry more of an overall eerie tone than what Sensucht and Herzeleid did. They did alot more of the acoustic sound for this one which i think adds a bit more to the songs than the distorted crunch of the electrics. It is unmistakably Rammstein though, and still worth getting. Just don't expect to get a headache headbanging all the way through this one as you did with Mutter.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Yeah its a great album. I still prefer Mutter though, that was one great LP.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:22 AM   #3
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Well, after the brilliant "Mutter" album I'm a little dissapointed in the latest RAMMS+EIN album "mein Teil" and "Keine Lust" are my personal favourites.

BTW...Resie Reise vol.2 will be out in September which will feature new songs most of which were recorded during the eise Reise recording session.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Well, after the brilliant "Mutter" album I'm a little dissapointed in the latest RAMMS+EIN album "mein Teil" and "Keine Lust" are my personal favourites.

BTW...Resie Reise vol.2 will be out in September which will feature new songs most of which were recorded during the eise Reise recording session.
Fuck me. That's two albums i have to get in September now HIM's new album is out on the 26th and now Rammstein's is out right around there

*edit* Just read the english translations at www.herzeleid.com and all i can say is holy crap :shock: Reise, Reise is definetly a dark album. Mein Teil is actually translated to My Part and is about a guy who found someone who was willing to let him kill him and cut him up. Apparently this actually happened in Germany :shock:

Old 07-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
|Nuno|
Regular User

Great album indeed. I think it's a very relaxing album to hear, specially songs like Reise, Reise, Dalai Lama and Ohne Dich. It just makes me go "deeper"; the "athmosphere" of the album is fantastic, and it shows progression. That's one thing that I love about Rammstein: all of their albums sound different and have different aproaches, while still being very characteristic.

'Mutter' is still my favourite, but this ranks up very high as well. Definitely a must. :good:

@ Z: Yep, Mein Teil is based on true cannibalism story that happened in Germany. The video ilustrates that pretty well. And if you check more translations, you'll see that their lyrics are very diverse and sometimes "shocking" or just plain funny. Most of the time, I wouldn't take them in a serious way. Knowing them, they're just messing around most of the time. Buck Dich, anyone?

Plus, the translations take away some of the poetry in Till's writing. Some stuff just doesn't feel right translated to English - the message is lost, I think.

By the way, there's some new info availiable at www.rammstein.com. Already checked Benzine. Good stuff.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

hearing Du Hast in English really takes away from its overall sound and feel. So i do agree that hearing them in English just isnt as thrilling. Besides, German sounds so pissed off anyway pretty much the reason i don't like Amerika.

I have yet to see the new vids. What songs have they done for this one? I have the tape with Ich Will, Links 2-3-4 and Sonne that i got at the Pledge of Alliegence tour when i bought Mutter (and got it autographed )

i think kuss mich (fellfrosch) is funnier [kiss me (furry frog)]

Old 07-14-2005, 08:43 AM   #7
|Nuno|
Regular User

I have yet to see the new vids. What songs have they done for this one? I have the tape with Ich Will, Links 2-3-4 and Sonne that i got at the Pledge of Alliegence tour when i bought Mutter (and got it autographed )
You lucky bastard!

Anyway, for 'Reise, Reise', they made videos for:

- Mein Teil;
- Amerika;
- Ohne Dich;
- Keine Lust;

Keine Lust's the best, if you ask me. It's quite funny.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

hahaha, i just found the Keine Lust vid and was laughing my ass off the whole time

Mein Teil vid is fucking creepy :shock:

Ohne Dich- Can't really tell what is going on in it.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #9
cateye
Regular User

Never heard the group .. except their 1 song ICH Will .... some 1 please throw some light on this group ... from where they belong .... the most famous song of them .....?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:58 PM   #10
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by cateye
Never heard the group .. except their 1 song ICH Will .... some 1 please throw some light on this group ... from where they belong .... the most famous song of them .....?
You'll find a lot of info here:

www.herzeleid.com

...And here:

www.rammstein.com

hahaha, i just found the Keine Lust vid and was laughing my ass off the whole time
Yeah, and when Flake arrives in that fancy Wheelchair - priceless.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #11
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by cateye

^^^They are a industriual metal band from germany, they have released 4 albums so far.

Their most famous song is without doubt "Du hast".
Old 07-14-2005, 07:43 PM   #12
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Yeah, and when Flake arrives in that fancy Wheelchair - priceless
Even funnier at the end when they leave him all alone Just the though of them all being fatasses is hilarious

Old 07-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #13
SilviaEvo
Regular User

dont know anything about their album but i have some songs on my computer of them. Rammstein is pretty cool.