Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-28-2003, 04:49 AM   #1
heath
Regular User

Default Yay for me!

I started work at a spare parts company a few months ago and since then I've been living and breathing cars...like...in real life for once....

anyway!

I got myself bits and pieces to do maintainance on my car, I just did my timing with a timing light I got from work! I know its a simple thing to do (now...) but before I was taking my car to a mechanic for something so simple!! YAY FOR ME!! I'm getting better at doing stuff too! Since working there I've (done my timing!), brake pads, headlights, installed a stereo and adjusted my handbrake cable! Who needs mechanics?

I've been meaning to do the easy things like oil (engine and trans), air, fuel and oil filters too...but I've been lazy....

anyway I just had to share this story with you all....I was so chuffed! AND the car drives so much better now!! I've got torque!! YAY!!

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:57 AM   #2
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Should enroll to tafe and learn to become a mechanic part time?Wait to you do more complicated things such as engines swaps,gearbox rebuilds etc.And get thrustrated when things don't fit.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:30 PM   #3
Sinister Angel
Regular User

Hey man, I know how you feel, it's nice being able do that kind of stuff.

Even though I'm gonna be learning how to rip apart diesel motors, alot of that can transfer over to gas engines. Mechanical shit kicks ass.
Sinister Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:27 PM   #4
heath
Regular User

You're damn right it kicks ass!

I don't know if I wanna do engine swaps and gearbox swaps yet tho....and why would you try and fit something that shouldn't fit??? Thats just stupid....

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:33 PM   #5
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Depends what you like....My mates and I do some stupid engine conversions,
like placing an Rb25det into 180sx.Rb20det into a S13 Silvia,Placing a Ford Sierra Cosworth 2ltr turbo engine into a Mk1 Esky(its getting built right now).And maybe a Ca18det into a MG(my project maybe???I want a V8 Commodore,Dunno yet)..You learn alot and make mistakes.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:34 AM   #6
heath
Regular User

yeh I was getting at the idea of modding beyond reason...if it fits and its not original then yeh go for it....fitting a 308 to a mini? THATS just stupid...

Ronin005 wrote:
Old 11-07-2003, 11:30 AM   #7
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Well,most of conversion I have done,are from the same Motor Company,Just better engines.Whats the point having 1.3ltr pushrod engine in a Mk1 esky when there is plenty of room to place a ford 2ltr twin cam engine,without changing the engine mounts and playing around with the firewall etc....Most things fit,My mates and I don't go into projects like these,thinking it won't fit,but we will fit it in.Thats stupid,you wasting time and money.Alot of time of researching goes into it and talking to people that have done it.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:09 PM   #8
sickx
Regular User

There is a satisfaction like no other knowing that yeah, sure, the rich guy can drop tons of money on a new fast car, but can he say he BUILT it? Don't think so.
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:22 PM   #9
oscargarza88
Regular User

good 4 u, i also want 2o do that, so u h ave the security that its a job well done
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 03:20 PM   #10
sickx
Regular User

Hey Rooboy, I think I would be happy with just the front grill mod on that XK-R!
hmmmm, teeth that actually have bite!
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:12 PM   #11
Epic2112
Regular User

Anyone ever seen those old VW beatles with 911 engines? Scary.
1989 Porsche 951 Leinengrau Metallic - 86 Engine, K27/6, Lindsey Stage 2 MAF, Seimens 55lb injectors, TiAL 38mm, LBE, Nickerson Engineering Custom Chip, 3 bar FPR, SPEC Stage II Clutch, Fabspeed SS 3" Exhaust, 33/5 Bias Valve, Uego WBO2, VDO EGT, KLA Strut Brace, Loose nut behind the wheel.

1990 BMW M3 Sterlingsilber Metallic - Dinan Chips, GSPerformance Magnecor Wires, Cross-Drilled Rotors, Winged Frogs, Other stuff.

1983 Honda Accord - Now we're talkin' style!
Epic2112 is offline   Reply With Quote