Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-26-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
aks
Regular User

Default revival of Aston Martin Lagonda

anyone know anything bout the revival of the Lagonda?

http://www.astonmartins.com/misc/future.htm has this written bout it:

Many will be awaiting the revival of the Lagonda name with a luxury four door saloon - keep your fingers crossed that maybe such a car could finally emerge in 2007 to compete with sporting Bentley Continental GT and the like. PAG are very unlikely to leave 'Lagonda' on the shelf for much longer. Indeed, AML Head of Design, Henrik Fisher, has said - 'We have not forgotten about Lagonda. There is a lot of room for development'.

anybody know anything then please post, the thought of another new Aston is so exciting!
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:28 AM   #2
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Ive no much idea about the Lagonda, it was something like a 4 door Aston Martin with the same spirit as the other versions of Aston Martin of that period, the lagonda had the same V8 engine as the Vantage, some bizarre boot, and some digital and modern digital gauges for that period

Im looking forward to seeing that Lagonda, well get a direct rival of the Maserati Quattroporte, and rival of the sporty german 4 door saloon cars as well such as the M5, E55 AMG, RS6......
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:31 AM   #3
bmwmpower
Regular User

i now old lagonda,big sporty sedan with old look,
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #4
AlienDB7
Regular User

Are they serious? Hope they learned a lesson from the old lagonda cause it was big and ugly and unreliable. But from the look of things, it should be a beautiful car for the years to come :shock:
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:32 PM   #5
CSedl87
Regular User

haha, my parent's had one when it first came out... That'd be cool if they come out with a new one to compete with the likes of Maserati, or possibly the bigger boys such as R&R, Bentley, and Maybach, since the old one was supposed to compete with the first two...
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
CSedl87 is offline   Reply With Quote