Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
Akmon
Regular User

Default opinions mazda rx-8

I'm new, totally new to this forum and i hope to last the longer i can
because i want your pretty movies, pictures and your opinions
i don't have much time, but i'll do my best to stay stick to yours answers

My car is a mazda rx-8
I know only that on topgear circuit it has the same time like the M3 and the 360Z
Old 02-29-2004, 04:38 AM   #2
crazidude
Regular User

Personally I think the car looks pretty cool, but I'm not really a fan of the engine. I was hoping for something more powerful when I first heard about it, but I was disappointed that it "only" had 240 hp. I was even more disappointed when I read that it actually doesn't even make 240 hp, although I don't know whether that is true or not.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:45 AM   #3
666fast
Regular User

1. It rules
2. It rules
3. It rules
4. It was supposed to have 240bhp, but it doesn't. Mazda offered extended warranties to those who already bought the car
5. This belongs in Car Chat
Old 02-29-2004, 04:48 AM   #4
crazidude
Regular User

Whoa extended warranties? How much longer is it?
Old 02-29-2004, 04:57 AM   #5
666fast
Regular User

Not sure, I read about it awhile ago. I tried searching for the answer, btu all I got was insurane quotes and the like. LOL
Old 02-29-2004, 05:14 AM   #6
crazidude
Regular User

lol interesting...
I should read up on this. I did remember reading something about Mazada giving something to their customers about that 240 hp thing.

EDIT:
got this off some other site

After all the rumors about the RX-8 low hp rating from the claimed 250 hp, Mazda has finally cleared it up. The rating was exaggerated...again. the actual hp claim now is 238 hp, down 12 ponies. lets just hope that the 238 is not a lie too.

as for the people who bought an RX-8, Mazda is offering three options..
1. Full Buy Back
2. $500.00 Refund
3. Full Monthly Maintenaice Free.

(These were claims on the RX8 Forum, claims of being contacted by Mazda, similar to that of the Mazda Miata a while back)

Here is a link to Mazda's Website where if you read the description, Mazda talks about having only 238 hp rather than the original 250hp.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/dis...vehicleCode=RX8

read down a bit and you'll see the numbers.

What do you guys think about this? If you bought one of these what would you do? And what is your thoughts on Mazda as this is its second fudge up?

but for me, im not too dissapointed because the car can handle pretty good and with a little mods here and there performance wouldn't be a problem. but i also loyal to mazda so i am a bit biased.

ps. i wouldn't be too surprised if the actual rating is 227 hp like the british has.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:37 AM   #7
666fast
Regular User

I guess I was sort of wrong. I thought I had read something about extended warraties. heh

Either way, Full Monthly Maintainence free is pretty sweet.

238 still seems pretty dang high. From what I've read, most of them dyno at around 190bhp to the rear wheels. I know there will be some power loss through the drivetrain and stuff, but 50bhp? LOL
Old 02-29-2004, 05:38 AM   #8
yellow_rice
Regular User

i think the car is hot. whether the HP rating is off my 12 horses or not, its still fast because i'm wondering how much could it possibly weigh. the block's about 50-100 lbs only. its an upgraded 13B.

remember what top gear said boys and "girls". its a fun car to drive, highly recommended over the 350Z, and its as fast as an M3!!

how can u go wrong?

mazda's being responsible by offering previous buyers feedback. so we can't be mad that they "lied".
Old 02-29-2004, 05:41 AM   #9
666fast
Regular User

If they were responsible, it wouldn't have ever happened. We sure can be mad that they lied, cause this happened with the Miata too. Not narly as bad, but it happened.

All in all, it's a great car. I wouldn't mind owning one.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:01 AM   #10
crazidude
Regular User

I wouldn't mind owning one and then selling it for something more fuel effiecent as I am cheap and poor.

I know some guy from school that got this car thinking he can show it off to the girls. They were impressed, but were more impressed when some other guy arrived in his nice and new yellow NSX.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:10 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

Default Re: opinions mazda rx-8

Originally Posted by Akmon
I'm new, totally new to this forum and i hope to last the longer i can
because i want your pretty movies, pictures and your opinions
i don't have much time, but i'll do my best to stay stick to yours answers

My car is a mazda rx-8
I know only that on topgear circuit it has the same time like the M3 and the 360Z
01. Wrong section
02. If you have an RX-8 we'd like to see pics thanks
03. there is already an identical topic posted BY YOU yesterday.. and again it was posted in the wrong section.. please try to find your way around the forums before messing up