Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-13-2004, 08:48 AM   #31
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

LOL...not everybody using weed end up like a fucked up pothead. That statement screams narrowmindedness...
Yes it does, agree with you on that

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:34 AM   #32
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Never done it, never will, I don't even drink alcohol or smoke ciggaretes, I mean I don't need to use anything to have a good time. But I know a person who uses weed and he went paranoia, he told me he saw weird looking insect crawling on his skin...
Bassicaly any kind of addiction is bad

"I'm making a U-turn. Get the fuck out of my way!" *screeching tires
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:41 AM   #33
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Never done it, never will, I don't even drink alcohol or smoke ciggaretes, I mean I don't need to use anything to have a good time. But I know a person who uses weed and he went paranoia, he told me he saw weird looking insect crawling on his skin...
Bassicaly any kind of addiction is bad

"I'm making a U-turn. Get the fuck out of my way!" *screeching tires
Hahahahahah, you're so funny, hahahahahaha, very original :roll:

Blaire is a figleaf

damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
Old 03-13-2004, 09:51 AM   #34
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Tell you the Truth,I have tried Pot,and ain't special.
I rather go drinking then smoke pot.I also used to smoke cigarettes.But really,My mates smoke pot,and they are nice people although they only been smoking it for 1 year and really they haven't change.They aren't voilent,or be cockheads to anyone else and they are easy going people......But there are people that do smoke pot that are fucked up and I have meeted them.
But I Recommend don't do any drugs.No chemical is a safe chemical.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:55 AM   #35
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kangaroo Boy
I rather go drinking then smoke pot.I also used to smoke cigarettes.But really,My mates smoke pot,and they are nice people although they only been smoking it for 1 year and really they haven't change.They aren't voilent,or be cockheads to anyone else and they are easy going people......But there are people that do smoke pot that are fucked up and I have meeted them.
Nice said Kangaroo Boy, because its the truth.

Blaire is a figleaf

Old 03-13-2004, 10:10 AM   #36
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Thanks.^^
Old 03-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #37
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kangaroo Boy
I agree, as it seems so far i the only regular user of marijuana (or the only one who has posted so far), it has at times had a direct effect on my life. as posted earlier it is easier to say "well ill just smoke this instead of go to class" or "ill have lunch later lets smoke some more!" it has at times consumed my life(specifically second semester last year). Yet i learned my lesson and although still consume copious amounts of dope(by definition i am a heavy user, but in truth, a moderate one) i stil function normally. I have no problem finding, and keeping a job and never do i smoke while i am workin, because it seriously numbs ur motor skills, and saps ur motivation. but i do have friends who do nothin except smoke weed. all day everyday. they dont go to class(or go three hours a week on a 20 hr sched), leave the house, or do nethin except smoke weed, play video games,smoke weed, eat,smoke weed, watch tv, smoke, shower(some times ) they cant hold a serious job(besides painting or mcdonalds or whatever) or just dont even fuckin bother to get one and use OSAP(ontario student "heres some cash pay us back after school fund" ) (as u can see i work for my dollar and find good jobs in the summer, hence my last post sayin i smoke considerably less in the summer while employed). and no i dont plan on smokin my life away. i wont smoke after i fini school(because it wont be as readily accessible, and thats my main problem). so to sum this rant up, ppl can go through life on the pot, but it is difficult, if i wasnt at fan"FUN'shawe college crankin out straight A's ,high as hell and at a real school(a univ, which i will be next yr, unsure of where as of yet) then i wouldnt be smokin nearly as much because i wouldnt be able to. now i understand that i could be doin other things(startin my own business, etc) but edu is important and i think that i am no better or worse off from smokin weed all the time. BUt as i said, some ppl do let it consume their lives, and cant break it(its been three yrs and counting for the guys i was refering to before and they all have nothin to show for it cept gen ed diplomas(or worse fail 3/4 of their classes), so if u are one of these ppl, take a good look around, theres more to life than burning, and next time u light that shit up stop and think. " is this where i am goin to be in 5 years?" i hope the answer to that question is no. Thanks for reading guys ttyl.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:38 PM   #38
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
LOL...not everybody using weed end up like a fucked up pothead. That statement screams narrowmindedness...
What a bunch of naive fuck heads... as I say - PLEASE, go through life on a buzz - it is one less person I have to compete with...

...anything that takes the edge off your competitive mind is bringing YOURSELF down.... Instead of "doing little weed" to feel good, how about keeping focused, becoming successful and taking your Zonda out for a spin to "get high"... etc etc etc...

I can tell you straight up - out of my graduation class in 1985 - ALL the users, yes, even thoe occasional ones are nothing more than mediocre floaters, working their minimum wage job and going no where in a hurry.

That is what the "lemme do a little now and then" attitude will get you - no where... but that may turn some people on - to just be the guy/gal making 4.25/hour backing groceries when they are 27 - or making 7.50/hour loading boxes... more power to ya...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #39
coombsie66
Regular User

^^ So you are smoking every day and still cranking out straight A's in all your classes!?
If thats the case then think what the hell you could be doin if you wernt smoking!!And if youve bin on it daily for the last year or more then giving up just like that when you go to uni aint gunna be at all easy.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:20 PM   #40
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
^^ So you are smoking every day and still cranking out straight A's in all your classes!?
If thats the case then think what the hell you could be doin if you wernt smoking!!And if youve bin on it daily for the last year or more then giving up just like that when you go to uni aint gunna be at all easy.
heeh well hey maybe not all A's but the majority...i was only trying to prove a point. i know smokin is detrimental to ones health, that it saps energy, enthusiasm, motivation etc. and i understand that yah it wont be all that easy to stop cold turkey, but once again i didnt say i was going to stop altogether when i go to univ, just severely cut down, now as RC45 says, i also know that theres more to life than just burning, but i dont fully agree with the fact that my life would be exponentially more successful than it is at the moment. and coombsie, i dunno if u attend college(community college i am refering to) or univ but the majority of college programs here in canada are a breeze.(dont flame me i didnt say it was so for everyone, this is my opinion based on my educational skills, background and general "smarts" i was given to by my parents. and please dont say "if u were smart, u wouldnt smoke" cause thats bull as well. the way i justify smoking on a regular basis is that as long as i am gettin done what needs to be done(school, thats all i have on the table right now, then employment during the summer) then i see no problem with smoking on a daily basis. YEs i know it can cause cancer, and i know it "slows" u down, but frankly where i am in my life, i can do it whenever i want without any severe lashback. (for reference i am in biz admin marketing)
Old 03-13-2004, 03:25 PM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
but frankly where i am in my life, i can do it whenever i want without any severe lashback. (for reference i am in biz admin marketing)
...sure - it's not cocaine and you can handle it and it's not so strong and just "slows" you a little, and should be legal blah blah blah... right up until you try put that "biz admin marketing" degree to use, and either fail an applicant drug test --- or worse still - get sacked because you fail a random test when you are on the job - and pretty much take all your hard workd and piss it away...

Is the risk really worth a few jollies?

If so - more power to you - go smoke it up.... as I say - less competition for the rest...
Old 03-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #42
coombsie66
Regular User

I aint saying that your life would be exponentially better if you stopped, but dont you think you should be trying to push yourself harder academically? I aint trying to diss u, i just think that every day is excessive.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:35 PM   #43
coombsie66
Regular User

Oh yeah, and i attend Uni, Imperial College London, studying Mechanical engineering (recently in the times guide the best uni for this subject in britain). I work my balls off and i like the fac that i am pushing myself. Its a bitch sumtimes, but it will be worth it. I know that if i was smoking every weekend let alone every day i would not be where i am now.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:40 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
Oh yeah, and i attend Uni, Imperial College London, studying Mechanical engineering (recently in the times guide the best uni for this subject in britain). I work my balls off and i like the fac that i am pushing myself. Its a bitch sumtimes, but it will be worth it. I know that if i was smoking every weekend let alone every day i would not be where i am now.
Kudos for trying to strive for improvement...
Old 03-13-2004, 04:19 PM   #45
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Ey RC45, first of all, before you call someone a potthead make sure you have some bloodresults of that person.
I dare you to let my blood be tested by a lab and they'll give you back a clean result.

So I suggest to you, to get out some more, from behind those pc's. Find a woman and get your dick sucked ASAP. If you're to ugly, fat, or socialy handicapped (that last one sure is the case) I suggest you go see a psych who's allso a prostitute, in that way you don't have to leave those precious pc's too long.
Cus eum dude, you are way to frustrated for this world. No wonder you're pissing on everyone, your balls are about to blow houston from the side of the earth.
Hahahahahahahahaha , the truth can be soooo funny

Blaire is a figleaf