Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-23-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
Moumou
Regular User

Default Infiniti G35 or Nissan 350Z?!?!?!?

Yoyo!! In my never-ending struggle to find the right car to purchase, I would like to know the forum's opinion when it comes both the Infiniti G35 and Nissan 350Z.

Which one would you buy? Do you find that the luxury features found in the Infiniti make it a bargain next to the Nissan? I mean let's face it: it's the same engine, same chassis, etc...yes the 350Z is sportier but you get two extra seats in the Infiniti, more features, and pimped-out interior. Finishing is also a level up on the Nissan. Whereas many will argue that the Nissan is more hard-core, weighs less, and is a few decimals quciker, do you find this justifies the fact that they're almost the same price?

As some of you may know, I live in Montreal and was debating between the Audi TT, Mazda Rx8, Subaru WRX, and now both cars above.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-23-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
mrzonda
Regular User

I've been in a 350Z (in a show room). The seats were really nice, but the door panels were kinda ugly, and I didn't like the instrumentation. The anti-sway bar that goes across the rear strut towers takes away all the cargo room. You can't even get a golf bag into it, I don't think.
mrzonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 08:52 PM   #3
snacky
Regular User

imo, the 350Z's the ugliest thing ever made by man...ever
Old 01-23-2004, 09:03 PM   #4
zevolv
Regular User

I've driven a couple 350Zs (track & normal auto) and I've ridden in the G35 coupe and sedan and the 350 definitely is more fun to drive but the level of quality in the Infinit is definitely higher they are equal pretty much everywhere else but hte G35 does have a backseat large enough for young children.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:25 PM   #5
oldsnail
Regular User

the G35 has an optional awd ATTESA system which is also found on skylines. it may cope better in montreal since it snows 60% of the year..

the G35 coupe , if u ever want 4 passengers. and i like the handsome look. the style is not as retrofied as the 350z, which i like.
i driven the auto 350z and honestly, i find my 14 year old mr2 better to drive than it.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:27 PM   #6
oldsnail
Regular User

i think the WRX sti in north america is a good deal.. the only thing i dont like about it is that this particular version is that its only offerend in north america. i dont really the idea of having a car that is only offered in one market.. ie. the 2.5L 300hp sti
Old 01-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #7
FoxFour
Regular User

Style-wise, the G-35. Hands down. I have not driven both cars so I can't say which is the better car. Someone did mention about the ATESSA system being in the G35, that's cool; especially if you were going to drive the car in the winter. What kind of things are you looking for in a car? Do you want some luxury? Handling-wise I think on the street both cars would be the same. Only if you took it on a road course would you really see a difference. And yes, interior quality is important. After all, you will probably be looking at that interior for years to come.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:29 PM   #8
zevolv
Regular User

Originally Posted by oldsnail
the G35 has an optional awd ATTESA system which is also found on skylines. it may cope better in montreal since it snows 60% of the year..

the G35 coupe , if u ever want 4 passengers. and i like the handsome look. the style is not as retrofied as the 350z, which i like.
i driven the auto 350z and honestly, i find my 14 year old mr2 better to drive than it.
The G35 coupe doesn't have the AWD system only on the sedan and the sedan doesn't have the same setup as the 350Z
Old 01-23-2004, 10:48 PM   #9
veilsidebr

I guess the new 350Z...G35 is almost the Skyline(for me), i didn´t like it, so i choose the 350Z.

It´s a very beautiful car and has a very good engine....280 Hps in the rear wheels.
Awesome

Old 01-23-2004, 11:18 PM   #10
SamuraiGti
Regular User

Dunno the G35, here doesn't exist that model or even Infinity. I know that Infinity is the luruxy part of Nissan in the US right? Probably like Lexus is there luxury part of Toyota in Europe. There is the Altezza, here is the IS200.

If was me too choose, to be just for me, i'd choose the 350Z.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 11:26 PM   #11
oscargarza88
Regular User

its very strange how i hear totally different opinions apout the 350z, i think its one of those cars that you love or you hate, i think its personally what you prefer, something sporty or something not so sporty, a frien test drove it and he absolute loved it, he test drove it and he wanted to buy it, and then some people say it sux so i think it all depends on what u prefer after you have drriven more, il just put it this way, what car would you buy, one that you drove and likead alot, or the one that people from the forum told u to buy?.
and btw i would choose the sti over these anyway, specialy is there is snow
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:19 AM   #12
SamuraiGti
Regular User

I agree with you everso, i'm one of those who can't drive other cars or even the 350Z. Maybe i would drive one 350Z in the end of the month. But before buying a 350Z i would see other cars in the same segment.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 01:14 AM   #13
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Just on the design... i got tired of 350Z's styling quite faster than i expected. The Infinity G35/Nissan V35GT has rather more interesting details...like the taillamps
Old 01-24-2004, 01:19 AM   #14
maalox
Regular User

I prefer the G35 mostly for its looks (plus back seats for some friends is always cool). Of your short list I'd probably go for the RX-8 (mostly motivated by gut feeling, as all these cars are excellent) or maybe an STi given its better performance in those Montreal winters (straight WRX is ok, but lacks on the interior panache compared to the rest of the contenders). The Audi TT is somewhat long in the tooth--not good for a style icon--and not particularly rewarding to drive.
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 01:25 AM   #15
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by maalox
--not good for a style icon--.
WHAT???? NOT GOOD FOR A STYLE ICON!!!
its very good for a style icon!
com on.. think twice please
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote