Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
Pokiou
Regular User

Default Schumacher fourth in motorbike race

Retired Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher finished fourth in his first competitive motorbike race.

The 39-year-old German, whose seven titles and 91 grand prix wins make him Formula One's most successful driver, recorded the second fastest lap in the KTM minor series race at the Misano circuit on Italy's Adriatic coast.
Schumacher, who has tested a Ducati MotoGP bike since retiring from Formula One at the end of 2006, rode a 990cc KTM Super Duke in the 10-lap KTM Trophy race having finished third in Saturday's qualifying.

Schumacher, an advisor and occasional test driver for Formula One champions Ferrari, enjoys riding bikes but has made it clear he has no intention of trying to race in MotoGP or superbikes but may compete in other minor events.
"There'll be no second career on motorbikes," he told reporters. "This is just a hobby. At the start I was a bit too careful, I didn't begin well and I was well behind. Then I found my way and started overtaking and it was great."

The challenging Misano circuit also hosts a round of the MotoGP and world superbike championships later in the year.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

..... a race with amatures hehe.... He wouldn't want to finish dead last, now would he?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
Pokiou
Regular User

hehe no way brother NO way.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote