Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-04-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default THE GERMAN GP, Hockenheim - RESULT

1 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams BMW 1h28m48.769s
2 David Coulthard McLaren Mercedes + 65.459s
3 Jarno Trulli Renault + 69.060s
4 Fernando Alonso Renault + 69.344s
5 Olivier Panis Toyota + 1 lap
6 Cristiano Da Matta Toyota + 1 lap
7 Michael Schumacher Ferrari + 1 lap
8 Jenson Button BAR Honda + 1 lap
9 Jacques Villeneuve BAR Honda + 2 laps
10 Nick Heidfeld Sauber Petronas + 2 laps
11 Mark Webber Jaguar + 3 laps
12 Nicolas Kiesa Minardi Cosworth + 5 laps
13 Giancarlo Fisichella Jordan Ford + 7 laps
14 Jos Verstappen Minardi Cosworth + 44 laps
15 Justin Wilson Jaguar + 61 laps
16 Ralf Schumacher Williams BMW + 66 laps
17 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Sauber Petronas + 66 laps
18 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari + 67 laps
19 Kimi Raikkonen McLaren Mercedes + 67 laps
20 Ralph Firman Jordan Ford + 67 laps
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
stracing
Regular User

i was happy with schuey getting 2nd then it turned out to be a shit race

i think montoya will win the championship now
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:56 AM   #3
Jabba
Regular User

Yeh I was all set to post that marvelous overtaking manourvere by schuey at the end...then the tire blew...and I was gutted...I bet he wished that he had just cruised those last few laps now...and took 3rd...I wonder how useful those extra points could have been at the end of the season....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
SL55 AMG
Regular User

Ya horrible timing for that tire.....cant believe Fernando didnt move though his tires looked like shit by the time shumi past him

nice to see DC up on the podium though...

the first lap accident really f-ed up the championship now but it was a thrilling race even with Barichello/Ralf/ and Kimi out in first lap.
SL55 AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:48 AM   #5
robruf
Regular User

I was really excited when Schuey blew his tire after his passing in the dirt, he has to respect his machine more, it is not invincible. Therefore David finished second, which was great to see, I thnk David is driving better now and hopefully he can win another race before the end of the year. But, I am mad about Ralf's stupid mistake that could have easily killed one or more drivers, he is only getting a 10 grid position deduction for the next race, the penalties should be far more severe. First incident like that should be to miss the next race and give your paycheck from that race to a F1 Drivers Fund and then second time 2 races out and the third time, you are never allowed to drive F1 again. What he did was stupid and childish, he thought that he could just bump Rubens off and that would be it.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 01:51 PM   #6
kRoNiK420
Regular User

such an interesting race
the renaults were so fast at the first part of the race, but then their tires failed them, then u have schumi making a spectacular move on trulli, but since going on the grass destroying his tire and settling for 7th
wow montoya is so close now
DC should stay with mclaren
oh yeah, and bad move by RS
barichello got totally sandwiched
kRoNiK420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:00 PM   #7
skelter
Regular User

Montoya WDC? I hope so.
skelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 09:02 PM   #8
kRoNiK420
Regular User

but it's still kind of a toss up
it's been a while since we've seen a season like this, where the driver's championship was so close
last i can remember would be 1997 with villeneuve and schumacher
but this year we have so much more variety- i love it
kRoNiK420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:48 PM   #9
tekwar
Regular User

First of all, the start incident involving Ralf with just plain stupid. He himself admitted he wasnt paying attention to what was going on there which led to the accident that caused 3 drivers competing for the title to retire before the first corner and another 2 drivers to retire as well. Someone teach him that you dont win the race at the first corner. It was just so anti-climatic. And he deserves the 10-grid penalty.

Moving on, it was a great win by montoya, shades of ferrari domination at BMW now. He didnt make a single mistake in the race, good on the columbian, he is a great talent and personality in F1.

I think the move by schumacher to overtake trulli was illegal. I agree with trulli about what he said after the race. Schumy overtook trulli when his car had all 4 wheels off the track. Anyone that follows F1 knows that you cant overtake a car when you go off the track. But then again, thats just my judgement. If it was legal, it was a great move.

Good to see david back on the podium finally again. He hasnt been up there since winning the first race in Australian. He has to work on his qualifying to give him any chance of winning races cause its obvioius that his race performance has been solid so far this year. Although i wouldnt go as far to say that he would be a world title contender. i just dont see it in him.

Bad luck for Justin Wilson, getting involved in the incident, im sure a lot of people were hoping to see how well he performed in his first race in a "competitive" car.

Finally Kiesa from Minardi needs to worry less about the cars behind him and concentrate on just driving his race. Did you see how many times he went completely off the racing line and halted to let cars by him, I mean he stopped even when the leaders where like miles behind him. he needs to worry less about them in the future.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:53 PM   #10
Johns
Regular User

dammn. I missed this race :x
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 05:25 PM   #11
scubywrxr
Regular User

I hope monty wins the WDC.. schoomie has won enough already
scubywrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:43 AM   #12
Juan Carlos
Regular User

well 2000 was also pretty close until indy when mikas engine blew , but for this one i still hope for a three way blattle in the end michael, kimi , juan.
Juan Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 03:02 AM   #13
initiala4
Regular User

Pity that Schuey didnt get his second place....this is definitely an interesting year..wonder whats going to happen in the next race!
initiala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 07:11 AM   #14
tekwar
Regular User

Originally Posted by scubywrxr
I hope monty wins the WDC.. schoomie has won enough already
I agree, how nice it would be if someone else won this year and then next year you see Micheal with renewed fire to grab back the title...now that would be entertaining. Its become a Micheal parade every race for the last few years...its time to end that.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote