Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #31
agentorange
Regular User

http://houston240sx.com/forums/forum...f63c8478e&f=39
not in your area but like i said theres alot of 240s out there especially the older s13 style. i just putmine up for sale yesterday and i already have alot of people interested.heres mine, for only $1,300USD
http://houston240sx.com/forums/showt...c8478e&t=20624

http://houston240sx.com/forums/showt...c8478e&t=19502
im looking at this one but hes asking too much but if he goes down ill seriously consider it.
agentorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #32
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Which 240sx models come with LSDs stock? An S13 would be sweet.. I'll have to do a search for one and test it out.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #33
agentorange
Regular User

i think you can get any model with VLSD i think only the later model ones have an LSD and watch out for HICAS(rear steering) models, theyre rare but its not something you want on a 240.
agentorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #34
T-Bird
Regular User

hell you can get 700whp from the fairy truck motors in the 240's aswell. the KA24 doesn't totally suck they are very strong.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #35
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

700whp? by turbo charging them and changing internals or just bolting on?

I know they are nice torquey 4 bangers from trucks. I'll have to get a chance to have a go in one soon.

I'm really leaning towards a 3rd generation Camaro or Firebird with a 305 or 350 and 5-speed.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #36
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Checking out a 1986 Camaro 5-speed. Not to sure if its the 2.8L V6 or the 5.0L V8, but it has been rebuilt a couple times.

Being sold by a nice sounding lady.. Looking forward to the quick test drive, although it has no plates on it and its on a short private street.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #37
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

might i suggest a baja bug? i had one in college as a second car and i don't think I've had more fun in a car.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #38
TopGearNL
Regular User

Being sold by a nice sounding lady
That doesn't give any guarentee

Anyway sounds nice, what version is it?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #39
ARMAN
Regular User

i thought you are looking for a sort of track car so dont see how camaro qualifys for that, dont get me wrong 3rd gen camaro is my dream car i probably miss red the propose of the car, and ofcourse choose z28 or iroc no 2,8l

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #40
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

going to be a street car No tracks around me I can go too, plus I wont be able to afford track time + tires and brakes.

Camaro will be great for all of my power over steer needs. The one I'm looking at today is going for a real good price, less half of what I am willing to pay for something in good condition. If it's in overall good condition, even with the V6 I will definitely consider it. I could always put in a LS6 from a Z06 or in a few years a LS7 from the new C6 Z06 and have one bad ass 3rd gen Camaro.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #41
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
going to be a street car No tracks around me I can go too, plus I wont be able to afford track time + tires and brakes.

Camaro will be great for all of my power over steer needs. The one I'm looking at today is going for a real good price, less half of what I am willing to pay for something in good condition. If it's in overall good condition, even with the V6 I will definitely consider it. I could always put in a LS6 from a Z06 or in a few years a LS7 from the new C6 Z06 and have one bad ass 3rd gen Camaro.
if you hund, you can pick up a used LS6 for 3,000$ or less, but the LS7 is a ripe 14,500$ i believe.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #42
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex

if you hund, you can pick up a used LS6 for 3,000$ or less, but the LS7 is a ripe 14,500$ i believe.
LS6's are that cheap huh? Yeah the LS7 swap would be if I won the lotto or something..

Even an LS2 would be fine with me.. but honestly, I do not want to do any engine swapping anytime soon. Looking to just have some RWD fun this summer. But if I do end up keeping the car, a LSx swap would definitely happen eventually.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #43
graywolf624
Regular User

thought you are looking for a sort of track car so dont see how camaro qualifys for that, dont get me wrong 3rd gen camaro is my dream car i probably miss red the propose of the car, a
3rd gen camaros make perfectly good track cars. Go to the photo gallary for the pictures of the one I use to have, notice Im in front of a 3 series bmw. They make excellent track cars per $, their scca class is very packed and they routinely win the class(like every year). Given some stategic spending you can run with cars like stock c5 z06's. Your not going to keep up with modified ones, but your also only talking a 10k buildup.

I would avoid the v6 though.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #44
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Had a short (no license plates) test drive in the Red (with silver stripes) 86 Camaro with a 305 V8 and 5-speed transmission.

Ran great and sounded real nice with its 4 inch straight pipes.

Owner bought it from a friend, never had the chance to put it on the road officially but drove it for about 150 miles on dealer plates with no problems.

Suspension took bumps nicely but didn't really get to test out it's handling. On the way back gave it about 3/4th throttle from first to second which easily put a smile on my face.

Engine was rebuilt a couple times, he was unsure of the total mileage but the clock said 71,000 but mentioned it had rolled over once. So it should have 170,000 miles on the chassis. The transmission must have been rebuilt as well cause it felt solid and shifted very well. Mentioned he would get more information from his friend who did the work.

Only real bad is that it need an EGR valve and new valve covers. I should be able do the valve covers my self but not sure about the EGR valve or how much that would cost, considering I don't even know what the fuck EGR stands for.

It's going pretty cheap at $1400 and a couple people are looking at it within the next few days.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #45
graywolf624
Regular User

I should be able do the valve covers my self but not sure about the EGR valve or how much that would cost, considering I don't even know what the fuck EGR stands for.
EGR valve is the emissions crap. If you live in a state that doesnt test it, just go without. You live in the NE so you may have to find it, probably get it real cheap scrapped from one over on thirdgen.org.