Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #31
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by TNT
well aside from the little debate we have going on here, thanks for the read and the translation. but personally i would perfer an Evolution to these cars. for the simple fact that it can "hang" with these guys and carry two more doors.
At least youstate your opinion as that - an opinion and move on..

Unlike some of our more ill-informed members that seem to think you are either "for" or "against" any cars - he refuses to believe that people can actually like, enjoy and have fun with more than one make of car - and give credit to each that deserve it.

I guess some people just "believe" their opinion to be fact.

yeah RC likes me but you right i find it hard to believe how fan boys can not understand that there are other cars out there just as good or better.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #32
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by TNT

yeah RC likes me but you right i find it hard to believe how fan boys can not understand that there are other cars out there just as good or better.
Well RC might be the biggest fan boy ever....
them sound like fight'n words
Old 01-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #33
philip
Regular User

My neighbor bought a new ZO6, his only complaint is he did not order the extra sound dampening. He has now bought the kit from the dealer and has installed it himself. He now has no complaints, he loves the car along with the others he has including a 2003 Porshe Turbo, an M5 Dinnan stage 3, M3 Dinnan stage whatever and a Buick Grand National. He drives the Corvette and the BMW's. I'm hoping to photo his "collection" some time for y'all.

The only problem I see with the GT3RS and the new ZO6 now is that the BlueDevil Stingray is comming out and Porsche will figure out something new to do, the used car price will decline. Thats what I am counting on, which helps me in my 5 and 10 year plan.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
Originally Posted by TNT

Well RC might be the biggest fan boy ever....
them sound like fight'n words
Nah I just say what most on here are thinking....
The point being just because you or anyone elses "thinks" it - doesn't make it so.

By definition a fanboy will support one only, to the detriment of all others.. which is so far from the truth it is laughable.

If only you (and the "rest") knew just how far and wide my sphere of interest and enjoyment goes vizaviz cars... but you don't care to know so I don't care to share it - as an example, I have given up sharing my 'What You Saw Today" portfolios... and trust me, they include some hot stuff

The reality is that unlike "the rest" I don't accept all the bogus "opinions' as fact.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Just because you say it doesnt make it an fact RC,
Actually - if what I am saying is fact, then it is fact - whether I or anyone else says it.

I think its great that you are such an over the top vette fan RC it makes for good fun....
I will defend anything that has lies and mis-truths told about it..
Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #36
tforth
Regular User

Oh - so you are a magazine racer.

Enough said.
Please remind me, what exactly is the title of this thread?

Christ - have you ever driven one? Or any of its competitors? Because you are completely full of shit if you say "it feels like a $20,000 American car".
I have never ever read or heard anyone, other than yourself, say that any corvette has a decent interior. I have sat in a regular C6 as well as the Z06, and would agree that the fit and finish is marginal for a 45k vehicle and pretty sad for a 75k one. Deny this all you want, but no one would ever by a vette for its level of quality! Don't get me wrong, this is not and should not be the focus of our discussion. It's just a 'fact'.

To say otherwise porove the bias you display.
I am the one displaying a bias here - hmmm. I do not own a Veyron or a Porsche, so where exactly is my vested interest? If I'm not mistaken, you own a C5 Z06, right?...

And a 993 GT2 wasn't? Yet another biased load of crap.
Huh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT2 (see 993 GT2 evo)

Ibet he gets lots of looks from the other pooftas at Starbucks..
it's a nice medium performing medium paced car - ideal for the poser.
So, Porsches are for posers and it's the corvettes that are driven by the real men? I thought you said that I was the biased one here? BTW, the last time I saw a statistic on them (in Automotive Industries - I know, another magazine...), over 80% of corvettes were sold with automatic transmissions. What exactly does that say?

What a crock of shit - He was cross shopping a Cayman and Z06.. uhm - the car's are in the same price range - but - uhm - not market competitors.. the mere fact you and he seem to think they are "competirots" is rather telling.
A car purchase is not a one dimensional decision. Straight line performance appeals to Americans more than to pretty much anybody else. When I spoke to him again about it today, he mentioned that the driving position was crappy and the clutch/throttle/brake/shifter felt like they were patched together, unlike his Cayman. I know these seem like small details to you, but they are effectively a major part of the man/machine interface.

Shut the fuck up already with your crap.
Were you starting to cry at this point?

you're really not going to like this quote then:

from evo 099, Pg. 129 (written by Richard Meaden)

"Far from feeling like the big, numb, unwieldy contraption that prejudice - and, it has to be said, prior experience of earlier incarnations of Vette - would have us believe, the (new) Z06 earned our respect and admiration."

Did you notice the cracks in the brake discs of this vehicle they tested? That was from one session at Spa. Not exactly robust. I guess that's why they have coined the term "Porsche brakes" and not "Corvette brakes".

Old money

WTF are youon about old fucking money?

WTF does "old money" havce to do with a sports car?
This referred to one of your previous quotes were you were going on about how versatile the Z06 is and that you could take it to the opera or something. I was simply indicating that corvette would not be seen in those circles.

all you fit and finish people are so quick to mouth off
Hey, when someone spends 75 grand, even if they realize that they got a good deal on the performance side of the equation, they still expect a certain minimum level of quality.

Tell me, if you think the press is so useless and misleading than why are you referencing the lap times that Auto Zetiung apparently came up with? Are they only good when the print something that helps your argument and wrong, the majority of the rest of the time?
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:06 AM   #37
Just_me
Regular User

RC didnt comment om my post regarding Z06. Sounds like he agreed with me, that would be the first
Old 01-16-2007, 03:53 AM   #38
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
I have never ever read or heard anyone, other than yourself, say that any corvette has a decent interior.
Then you are a fucking idiot - period.

I have sat in a regular C6 as well as the Z06, and would agree that the fit and finish is marginal for a 45k vehicle and pretty sad for a 75k one. Deny this all you want, but no one would ever by a vette for its level of quality! Don't get me wrong, this is not and should not be the focus of our discussion. It's just a 'fact'.
Get a camera and takle pictures of thsi supposed "bad interior" - point out the "bad bits".

Then go to some other "supposed superior" car and identify the superior bits.

Until then shut up wiht your assinine biased crap.

I have sat ina nd around SLR's, Caymens, Roll Royces, 911, RUF's, Gallardos, Murcis, Audis, Bentleys, Panoz's, Ferraris, Lotii etc etc - and when you do you realize this utter fucking crap printed about " the interior of this car vs that" is pure shit conhured up by magazine writers to cater to gullible idiots like yourself.

Its not as if there are huge gaps int he leather and glue oozing out of th ejoints and hair balls on the ceiling.

Fucking hell I am so sick and tired of the putrid rancid shit printed by magazines and lapped up by people like yourself as biased bogus shit indormation is pread about cars I am going to continue publishing my magazine just to show pompous windbags such as yourself up.

Fuck man - are you people kidding me?

I am the one displaying a bias here - hmmm. I do not own a Veyron or a Porsche, so where exactly is my vested interest? If I'm not mistaken, you own a C5 Z06, right?...
So fucking what?

If youwere sitting here trashing Mustangs or Mazda RX7's with shit I would be countering your points.

And a 993 GT2 wasn't? Yet another biased load of crap.
Huh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT2 (see 993 GT2 evo)
Exactly huh? WTF are you trying to say?

You state some one pointed ou thte C6 Z06 was "hairy" - uhm - a 993 GT2 is hairy.. the Z06 is anything but hairy.. yet more bullshit propoganda.

Ibet he gets lots of looks from the other pooftas at Starbucks..
it's a nice medium performing medium paced car - ideal for the poser.
So, Porsches are for posers and it's the corvettes that are driven by the real men? I thought you said that I was the biased one here? BTW, the last time I saw a statistic on them (in Automotive Industries - I know, another magazine...), over 80% of corvettes were sold with automatic transmissions. What exactly does that say?
WHo gives a flying fuck about the hairdresser automatic Corvette Coupe? I don't - never have - do a search for the 1000's of times I have called the Porsche Coxster, Gaymen abd Corvette Coupe poser hairdresser cars... you will find many times I say just that.

Tell your friend from me he drives a chicks car.

What a crock of shit - He was cross shopping a Cayman and Z06.. uhm - the car's are in the same price range - but - uhm - not market competitors.. the mere fact you and he seem to think they are "competirots" is rather telling.
A car purchase is not a one dimensional decision.
A sports car purchase is - you are either a poser or a driver. Unless you are extremely wealthy then you buy a car for every mood you have - if you only have money for onecar, and you compromise on the chick poofta poser mediocre performer you are a poser not a driver.

Straight line performance appeals to Americans more than to pretty much anybody else.
WTF are you rambling about now you Kanuky nutjob? Yet more bias...

When I spoke to him again about it today, he mentioned that the driving position was crappy and the clutch/throttle/brake/shifter felt like they were patched together, unlike his Cayman.
Driving position? WHat is he a fucking poofta whiner? Suck it up pussy - have you sat in a race car? The driving position is about driving not getting a massage - again, has he ever even driven the car without bias?

What a load of crap... every 911 I have driven felt no better or worse than the Lotuses, Corvettes, Panoz's etc...

The good driver adapts to the carb - the loser complains and whines like a stuck pig... *****squeal****

I know these seem like small details to you, but they are effectively a major part of the man/machine interface.
Man/machine interface? Again - good drivers adapt and drive - posers and whiners complain.

Shut the fuck up already with your crap.
Were you starting to cry at this point?
No - I began to feel sorry for you and all the other stupid sheeple that go through life brainwashed by bias... let me guess you are bleeding liberal?

you're really not going to like this quote then:

from evo 099, Pg. 129 (written by Richard Meaden)

"Far from feeling like the big, numb, unwieldy contraption that prejudice - and, it has to be said, prior experience of earlier incarnations of Vette - would have us believe, the (new) Z06 earned our respect and admiration."
Again - how the fuck do these stupid idiots compare the auto tranny soft suspension poofta hairdresser Coupe Vettes to the Z06?

Its as stupid as them saying "Man this GT3-RS really delivers where the BASE FUCKING MODEL 911 falls short.

No shit Sherlock - it stands to goddamned reason - doesnt' it.

Helllo - Captain Obvious!!!!!

Did you notice the cracks in the brake discs of this vehicle they tested? That was from one session at Spa. Not exactly robust. I guess that's why they have coined the term "Porsche brakes" and not "Corvette brakes".
Your point? I can go through a set of rotors ina weekend at the track - and tey cost me $50 a wheel to replace.

Cryo treated they last for 10 - and the car stops as well as the $8000 PCCB shod equivavlent - which might also show stress after a few weekends.

Porsche/Ferrrai brakes are not actually designed to last longer, jjust as all the PCCB owners who switched to the iron rotors after the first costly replacement.

cut out a bunch of crap
all you fit and finish people are so quick to mouth off
Hey, when someone spends 75 grand, even if they realize that they got a good deal on the performance side of the equation, they still expect a certain minimum level of quality.
Hehe - again - have you actually spent time comparing interiors that closely?

I bet you think the $160,000 Panoz has a fantastic interior.. don't you?

Tell me, if you think the press is so useless and misleading than why are you referencing the lap times that Auto Zetiung apparently came up with? Are they only good when the print something that helps your argument and wrong, the majority of the rest of the time?
Not at all - I simply make the distinction between "subjective crap" and the quantitiable measured numbers.

I am still astonished by the capacity for supposedly eductated adults to be so ill informed.

Give my regards to your poser buddy.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:58 AM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me
RC didnt comment om my post regarding Z06. Sounds like he agreed with me, that would be the first
Well, if you belt yourself in, then it doesn't matter what shape your seat is - and I have a 5 point harness, so no worries about sliding around.

I didn't bother with a Recaro bucket because I daily drive my car, I have driven Recaro race seat equipped cars on the street - its was a chore even to drive around for fun, I would hate to try live with it on a daily basis.

So yes -t he seats are a compromise.. but that is to be expected. The transmisison is not as slick as the Porsche unit no, but I even found the RUF tranny to be a little vague when shiting real fast but the stock GT3 unit to be better.

But thruthfully, as you spend more time with the car you get used to the nuances.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #40
tforth
Regular User

WTF are you rambling about now you Kanuky nutjob?
Let me know when/if you manage to come up with something worthy to respond to.
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #41
RC45
Regular User

WTF are you rambling about now you Kanuky nutjob?
Let me know when/if you manage to come up with something worthy to respond to.
So thats the answer then - you are just a snivelling Kunuk with a chip on his cold shoulder..

:roll:

BTW - let me know whe you have an actual valid response that isnt riddled with "blah blah Amerikun shit blah blah Yanke fugger. blah blah"...

Not a single point you bring to the table is based on objective measurment - its all subject rancid drivel.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #42
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

great stuff! thanks!
and a baaaad color on the RS, for any car..
amazing time out of the Z06! :shock: I guess now they only have one challenge to meet.. making the interior look (and I guess "feel" tho i can't say, as i haven't been in one.. but i'm guessing..) like an 80K car.. and if they can come around to changing those hideous front headlights as well..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erez
great stuff! thanks!
and a baaaad color on the RS, for any car..
amazing time out of the Z06! :shock: I guess now they only have one challenge to meet.. making the interior look (and I guess "feel" tho i can't say, as i haven't been in one.. but i'm guessing..) like an 80K car.. and if they can come around to changing those hideous front headlights as well..
At least you admit to not knowing for yourself - but then again, no-one has ever quanitified what an "$80K interior" should be/look/feel like?

I mean anyone who says an Elise or has a "$50,000 interior" as an example is just being Canadian
Old 01-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #44
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

well when you buy a new car.. and you paid 80K for it, (and its not a 900KG of stripped out car) you expect some nice feeling materials.. kind of like in the GT3 Porsches or even the CSL.. and from the looks of it and what people say, thats the only short coming of the Z06.. something you can live with for sure... (and maybe even upgrade yourself..) but non of the less a point to improve.. and i'm 100% sure it will be improved, soon even.. (as they dont have a lot of other things to work on anymore.. like handling etc.. )
anyways.. I live with hope.. and i'm sure the day would come, and the vette will rule other lands as well as America

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #45
philip
Regular User

At least you admit to not knowing for yourself - but then again, no-one has ever quanitified what an "$80K interior" should be/look/feel like?

I mean anyone who says an Elise or has a "$50,000 interior" as an example is just being Canadian
Been in an F40 interior recently? I doubt the cage in the RS looks luxurious, but I'm glad its there and that may be where the Porsche is really alot better than the Corvette or the F40 for that matter. You can add cages, but its really more collectible if they come factory installed.

Now thats what the Blue Devil needs a serious interor no luxuries no radio just like the F40 and with a cage like the RS.