Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #16
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Ok... fuck the Gumball - I'm going to the UK that weekend!!

Will you attend that gathering Jabba??
You mean take my old banger all the way down to brighton...I doubt it would make the trip..well at least without breaking down anyway....time for something else soon I think...
:shock: you got my full attention, whats in the plans?
Well when I saw my video the other week it really made me want to make a second part to it...but as I said then...I think I need some different cars first...
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #17
MIHALS
Regular User

you are so bloody mystic Jabba :x

Old 02-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #18
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
hmm, that makes very sad and very happy sense in one sentence

so we won't see your top less baby down here? c'mon Jab, it's just few miles...

so what's it gonna be next? Gallo roadster?
Well sadly as Dan (if he sees this) will confirm (he tried very hard to help fix the problem) the Diablo is very sick indeed....due to one of the cats breaking up and being partly sucked back into the engine...I have had it professionally checked out now..and indeed one of the cylinders does appear to have low compression...so with an engine re-build estimated at about £22,000 I think its time to let someone else have some fun with that car !

Typical just had a new starter motor fitted as well at £2,200...and rear shock before at another £2,500+
Old 02-10-2006, 09:41 PM   #19
MIHALS
Regular User

Well sadly as Dan (if he sees this) will confirm (he tried very hard to help fix the problem) the Diablo is very sick indeed....due to one of the cats breaking up and being partly sucked back into the engine...I have had it professionally checked out now..and indeed one of the cylinders does appear to have low compression...so with an engine re-build estimated at about £22,000 I think its time to let someone else have some fun with that car !
well, that makes sense now and I understand...

so anyway, are you comig to Brighton just as an anonymous visitor and Lambo fan? I don't want to bother you by asking you to meet, I'm just politelly asking if you're coming down here
Old 02-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Sounds like an awesome event.. sorry to hear about the Lambo engine woes Jabba...

Do you have to take a Lamborghini to be le tin the gate? hehe

Can we change the title to the post?? - I keep reading it as "Allan Lambo Fans Attention" hehehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #21
Jabba
Regular User

well, that makes sense now and I understand...

so anyway, are you comig to Brighton just as an anonymous visitor and Lambo fan? I don't want to bother you by asking you to meet, I'm just politelly asking if you're coming down here
Sure if the car was running well and I had the time I would have gone and of course met up with you.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #22
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Sounds like an awesome event.. sorry to hear about the Lambo engine woes Jabba...

Can we change the title to the post?? - I keep reading it as "Allan Lambo Fans Attention" hehehe
Yeh that sort of thing has always been part of my life sadly...had a cambelt fail on my Lotus...that was a total engine re-build...then an actual piston failed on my diablo 2WD...that was an engine re-build...very luckily still under warranty though I may add. I sure dont want to get stuck with this one though before it goes bang !

Yeh and I kinda thought the same about the title...LOL...any ideas what to change it to then ??
Old 02-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #23
MIHALS
Regular User

ok, get rid of that beautie, it's time to bring some new baby under your roof

I guess it has to be hard to say bye to sort of car like this, but if there's not another way to go... :bah:

so do you have already some gross idea about your new car? supercar w/o roof, hard/soft top, over 500Hp, Italian/German/British.....??? don't feel shy and tell us your plans

Topic > 40th Anniversary Lambo Meet ??? can be?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #24
Jabba
Regular User

I guess it has to be hard to say bye to sort of car like this, but if there's not another way to go... :bah:
Yep for sure...I don't get much time to drive them anyway these days..and I think that didn't help either...leaving it in the garage not being used...trouble is...as you will know the british weather has been pretty shit all year round the last few days...so driving it around in those conditions wouldn't do it much good either (roadsters leak very badly)...you cant really win either way...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

so do you have already some gross idea about your new car? supercar w/o roof, hard/soft top, over 500Hp, Italian/German/British.....??? don't feel shy and tell us your plans
American.. pushrod V10 Viper SRT/10... or pushrod V8 C6 Z06... maybe a OHC V8 Ford GT ... after all, the Ialians and germans did lose WWII

And the engne repairs costs are prett low..
Old 02-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #26
Jabba
Regular User

hmmm not a fan of driving hookers though.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #27
RC45
Regular User

^^ well, as long as your friends and family don't see..

Or -- maybe a LS6 V8 Noble - the best of both worlds...
Old 02-11-2006, 02:33 AM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

im sorry to hear about your sick lambo Jabba... its a damn pitty about the weather out there what a way to go tho... eating its own cat i guess you'll just have to do w/out them with your next auto

BTW... are you in for keeping with the Spyder/Roadster as your next auto?
in the mean time... hopefully the 355 is healthy.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:38 AM   #29
Sir_GT
Regular User

^^^ well Andre, first of all - nice to meet you

and of course, I'll be glad to meet some JW members here in Brighton on this amazing meeting, as many guys as possible....
Nice to meet you to Mihals. Lol. I'll try to bring some of my mates and a camera.

Regarding the other topic: We should start a new thread helping Jabba choose his next car, but Jabba needs to give the criteria (number of doors, etc)
Sir_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #30
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT

Regarding the other topic: We should start a new thread helping Jabba choose his next car, but Jabba needs to give the criteria (number of doors, etc)
Well maybe a bit nearer the time we could do something like that.