Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #16
Vansquish
Regular User

no no...I don't think that's a PS artifact, I'm pretty sure that that's a full-scale clay styling exercise. I was privy to a few of them while my dad was working at Ford including some stillborn projects that would've been incredible (a Mercury Cougar with rear-drive platform in the mid nineties instead of the Contour-based one that we ended up getting for instance) I hope that the passenger side front fascia wins out, I think it flows a bit better and looks like it belongs with the car.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #17
Toronto
Regular User

looks bad ass as a concept.
but the production car is going to look like the new mustang.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:14 PM   #18
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

atleast they're actually designing a new car and not rebadging a muscle car from down under :roll:
Old 12-07-2005, 05:21 PM   #19
bmagni
Regular User

the other day i was thinkin why do not all american car manufacturers do retro style cars, we all like muscle cars, and bt far theyre the best lookin american cars from all time...
this one is looking good, but we all know the final production will look cheap
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #20
Mercedes5CLR
Regular User

What funny is that these are real pictures if you look at the first two pics each side of the car is different. It if you have ever watched rides or any other automotive show looking at the processes of designing a new car they build a mock up in full size and each side shows a profile of the car. then on the other side is a different design of the same car. look closely at the pictures and you can see it. 8)
Mercedes5CLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #21
coloradosilver
Regular User

It's across between the new mustand and the corvette. I suppose that there is some older camaro aspects to it, but come on people, do something original!
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #22
gobs3z
Regular User

First off Dodge did the first retro concept muscle car with there Charger in 99. Second the new mustang is ugly since they based it off the 65 mustang but change the trunk section of the car and it ruined the car as a whole. Third this car looks great with it's sharp edges since all american muscle of the great muscle era were basically boxes. But this resembles the look of the Dodge Challenger that we've pics of already way too much, and the Challenger is a rolling chassis vs. this clay model. But there is a true muscle car revival going on and i'm loving it!!!

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:11 PM   #23
detltu6
Regular User

I like it but I think we all know I'm biased. Also the pics aren't PS'd they are pics of a styling concept. They often design to sides of a concept differently and use a mirror to convey a literal mirror image of the other side. this happens often when they are testing design studies. The finished product will look different but these give you the jist.
detltu6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #24
hemi_fan
Regular User

I think it looks great, especially the passenger side view of the car. And hey, even if it doesnt turn out too cheap, its still built on my favourite general platform; V8 in the front, and rear-wheel drive in the back... cant really go wrong. How great would it be to see all of the big three back into the pony car game!? Except this time, the pony cars have muscle car power! 2009 is also the year I graduate, so hopefully I can find a decent job and one of these babies will be mine sooner than I know it. Of all three, I think I'd choose the Challenger w/ SRT-8 package... what about you guys!?

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #25
SilviaEvo
Regular User

retro muscle cars are getting pretty retarded. does GM think this really will pull them out of debt?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #26
graywolf624
Regular User

Shameless rip-off of the current Mustang. I just hope that the final product will have a better flow to the lines.
You mean as opposed to the current mustang being a shameless rip-off of a 1965 mustang?

Yeah I see your point :roll:

That being said, I think your seeing a hoax pic.. I'll say no more till I talk to my source. Its been a while, hope hes still cooperative.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:13 PM   #27
vexor
Regular User

http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.js...24234&tstart=0

read the first post

LOL, i'm pretty sure this will happen here too

I was looking at this forum last night and the same pics were there, but today GM told them to take the pics off.

Same thing happened with a few other forums that posted the same pics as here.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:22 PM   #28
graywolf624
Regular User

^^ You havent been here long enough apparently..

Do a search for corvette zo6 spy pics and you'll see how often gm has an effect here.

Chances are the image shack hosted photos will be removed though..
Old 12-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #29
vexor
Regular User

^^^ oh I remember the C6 Z06 spy pics and how GM wanted those off until official unvailing

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #30
graywolf624
Regular User

The reality is theres not much gm can do to anyone but the person who was the source of the leak. (aka the guy that violated the confidentiality agreement)
They can ask you to remove it but there are many legal ways around that requirement. Ultimately the cats out of the bag and it wont go in.

I still hold though that I don't think its quite what you guys think it is.. But my source is mum.. Apparently he doesnt want to risk his job(I wonder why).