Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-30-2003, 01:23 AM   #16
Anonymous

Originally Posted by robruf
Hayabusa only do the quarter-mile in 12 seconds, so the Enzo is faster than the Hayabusa. A really fast bike will do 0-100 km/h in 3 seconds flat. Maybe if someone NOS'ed their bike, then maybe they could beat the Enzo.
12's LMAO maybe with a MSF nOOb on it with 2 plug wires pulled off....... 12's right, he don't know a thing about bikes!

The new GSXR 600 does a low 10...... How the Hell could a 1300cc bike be 2 seconds SLOWER??? 2 Plug Wires are off and a Motorcycle Safety Foundation nOOb is riding it....... ROFLMFAO
Old 07-02-2003, 04:18 AM   #17
noosee
Regular User

Yes for sure new 600 bikes do 1/4 in low 11.
Even 1000 cc street bikes do that in 11 secs.
Hayabusa with 170 bhp I think will do 1/4 in low 10s.

And about ferrari times. It is surprizingly fast.

And moter trend murcielago time is fake. It is impossible.
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:06 PM   #18
BADMIHAI
Regular User

KH! Your bike is only faster in a straight line. Put it on a track, and the Enzo will own you!
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:43 PM   #19
Anonymous

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
KH! Your bike is only faster in a straight line. Put it on a track, and the Enzo will own you!
With the right person on my bike it would kill a Enzo.... its got WSB suspension and the stickiest Soft Race compound Dunlop Radials money can buy..... LooL I have yet to see a Enzo do a WSB Qualifiying speed lap anywhere except maybe in your dreams!!! Theres only a handful of things will beat my bike with the proper man riding it and the Enzo sadly isnt one of them. I love Ferarris, but they "ain't all that" If you take a moment to compare ACCURATE modern times of World Superbikes, you'll see they are very much the eaqual of a F-1 car on many of the tracks. It suprised even me when I recently saw several of the bikes pulling lap times on Silverstone that were within .10 seconds of the F-1 lap record. :roll: lets see a Enzo do that ROFLMAO
Old 07-02-2003, 06:51 PM   #20
Jabba
Regular User

I think theres also a slight price difference in Krazys bike to an enzo...like how many bikes could you get for the price of one car ???

I have only been able to beat a few "riders" not the "bikes" in the diablo...at around 160...most riders seem to break at that speed..I am sure krazy can tell us if something strange happens around that speed...I know the bike has plenty more to go... but it must get super scary or something...anyway I am sure I wouldnt stand a chance against the Krazy one...as he has simlar attitudes to my own...I wonder if he has as many lives left as I do though...I think I have used up about 6 of mine out of a suspected 9....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #21
Anonymous

LOL Its that win at all costs don't give a rats ass who dies attitude.... lol You have 3 left!!!!! I'd be REALLY WACKED if I had that many to spare!! Damm I used up 16 so far LMAO :shock:
Old 07-02-2003, 08:02 PM   #22
crochico
Regular User

Originally Posted by robruf
Hayabusa only do the quarter-mile in 12 seconds, so the Enzo is faster than the Hayabusa. A really fast bike will do 0-100 km/h in 3 seconds flat. Maybe if someone NOS'ed their bike, then maybe they could beat the Enzo.
i'm gonna have to agree with Krazy on this one.. the enzo is not even close to the hayabusa's 1/4 mile time.. unless you consider 2 seconds close.. with a slightly tweaked suspension, a STOCK hayabusa is capable of running mid 9's, as is a Kawasaki ZX-12R Ninja.. the suzuki GSX-R 1000 has also ran it in under 10 seconds.. and nearly all the serious 600cc bikes can run 10s.. and the 2003 GSX-R 1000 can run 0-60mph (almost 100km/h) in 2.5 seconds.. and yes, that is faster than the enzo
crochico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:05 PM   #23
crochico
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
I think theres also a slight price difference in Krazys bike to an enzo...like how many bikes could you get for the price of one car ???

I have only been able to beat a few "riders" not the "bikes" in the diablo...at around 160...most riders seem to break at that speed.
you can get lots and lots and lots of bikes for the price of an enzo

most bikes break at around 160 because that's what the top speeds are for 600's and such bikes (mid 160s mph top speed).. other than the hayabusa (190mph top speed), GSX-R 1000s are capable of 175 and higher mph top speed, so jabba's diablo can have his way with lower cc bikes them.. they do have great power to weight ratios, but in the end drag/wind resistance keep their velocities from increasing any further.. that is where engine mods and turbos and any other form of extra boost come in to play
crochico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:19 PM   #24
Anonymous

Theres also a HUGE factor that comes into play.... and most people don't have the nutz to Twist That Fuckin Thing....

If you've ever ridden a really fast bike I can assure you, I doubt you have the BALLS to explore the things mindboggling upper limits.
Once you get in the 160 range it begins to get Very Frightining, and with each additional mph you add on to that number the Fear Factor goes up expotentially by a factor or 10....

Its one thing to sit all comfy in yer tin box and hammer it.... your indestructable in comparisin to sitting fuckin NAKED out there balanced on two little patches of rubber going insane speeds. The two cannot be compared in anyway. Its so much more frightining going extreme speeds on a bike than in a tin box its just not in the same league.

Jabba's probably never been up against a real nutter on a big bike in his Lambo yet the majority of the sportbikes on the roads are 600's and 750's simply because they have more power than even the best in the world can handle, some day though he will though and he'll look like this :shock: its pretty simple really, just look at it in black and white, theres no refuting physics they control our every movement and define our world and its limits. You cant break these rules and the bottom line says it all.... Horsepower to wieght ratio and its very plain and simple to see who wins.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:03 AM   #25
Jabba
Regular User

as I said...I have beaten a "few" riders...meaning I have been beaten many times by bikes over shorter distances...I also meant the riders spirit seems to "break" when they hit around 160 mph even on bikes capable of much more...
Old 07-03-2003, 04:47 AM   #26
Anonymous

No Jabba, what I was referring to is a real "nutter" thats one of your guys words LOL, I mean one of the doods that work at Superbike magazine or Performance bikes... These guys define the meaning of the word. They have certifiably left the planet nutty. Shit one or two of there employees dies each year in some of there antics.
They have a trip they make each year to the bol de ore (I butchered the spelling) its a big race and drinking bing thing happens each year in France. The Superbike crew takes 4 - 5 of the fastest bikes they can get there mits on and will procede to ride from London to the other side of France at full throttle the entire way!!! Only stopping for gas.
These guys ride like that Ghostrider guy does... they only know one throttle position WFO and don't letup until there on the ground!

You Will Like these guys style I gauarntee that.... check this out LooL
http://www.superbikemagazine.co.uk/c...p_classic.html

Old 07-03-2003, 07:42 AM   #27
Jabba
Regular User

I wasnt refering to anything you typed KH as I wasnt dis-agreeing with anything that you said....I was refering more to crochico saying the bikes were not up to it...and I was re-making my point thats its mostly the riders "bottle" (one of our words for courage here) goes...long before the bikes performance is called into question...

I wish I could get my F355 to do 0-60 in 4.2 secs !!! :shock:
Old 07-03-2003, 08:01 AM   #28
Anonymous

Close ro 4.2? They managed some how... Fekkin Fastbike Boyz are a wacked crew somewhere in my house I have the magazine article of that "test" quite interesting actually, your car faired quite well on some circuts. They went to Bridgehampton, Silverstone and one other and literally thrashed the wheels off everything they brought along.... my kinda peepa!
Old 07-03-2003, 08:17 AM   #29
Jabba
Regular User

Yes the old 355's were much quicker that used the 2.7 engine management system and had more of a growl to them as well...this is the type my old 355 GTS used...here is a picture of a 2.7 and 5.2 with a ram air intake charger mod fitted

all RHD spiders came with the slower 5.2 but I have a better exhaust and some other tweeks that has made it a bit better
Old 07-03-2003, 08:33 AM   #30
Anonymous

Ahhhh that explains the sound I heard in a video I got off a friend of yours recently he's a Ferarri nut and has a site with about a 100 small videos. One was inside a modded 355 going thru the box and I swear it made the hair on the back of the neck go up..... sounded like a F1 car!
His name is Rico Nijhof, I sent him a note saying he had a nice site and told him about us and to drop by and have a look. He sent me a e-mail back said he knew you from some forum and was going to say Hi !