Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-13-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
amanthapar
Regular User

Default WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY? X5 OR CAYENNE

HEY guys,
need help gonna buy either a x5 or cayenne, which one should i ?
and why?
amanthapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:22 AM   #2
The359
Regular User

If you can afford the Cayenne, then go for it. That's like comparing a Ford Mustang and a Ford GT
Old 02-14-2004, 01:02 AM   #3
KaBlookie
Regular User

Location: born near Toronto, Canada, living near Philly, PA, USA

It depends on which Cayenne and which X5 you're looking at, and also what your price limit is. If you can afford it, I'd say go with a Cayenne Turbo...but those cost a LOT.

If you wanna compare a Cayenne to the equivalent X5, it would be the Cayenne S versus the X5 4.6iS, and it all depends on your preference. They're very close in terms of performance, and they're very similar sizes, inside and out. If you're gonna be doing any off-roading whatsoever, get the Cayenne. Its stock tires are good for on- and off-road, they're not very low profile, and its off-roading setup is much better than the 4.6iS. The 4.6iS has low-profile 20-inch wheels, with high-performance on-road tires and a stiff on-road suspension setup...not a good idea at all for off-roading. As for the exterior, the Bimmer has a much more aggressive stance, and is just plain badass, whereas the Cayenne has a much more "pleasing" (not so badass) overall look to it, and is slightly more mainstream-looking than the bimmer (until you slam the gas )

So basically, it depends on what you want...If you want simply the best of the best (out of the two), then get the Cayenne Turbo. If you can't afford the Turbo, then consider how you're gonna be using/driving it, and decide between the Cayenne S and the X5 4.6iS.

Hope this helped some.

Peace
Brian

96 Acura Integra SE sedan with some goodies
KaBlookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 01:42 AM   #4
The359
Regular User

Don't forget there's also a Cayenne V6 on the way.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:15 AM   #5
corvette97
Regular User

the v6 and the x5 3.0d for affordable prices, id take the Cv6, and if u can spend good money on cars go for either the s or the turbo forget the x5
Old 02-14-2004, 02:47 AM   #6
possessed_beaver
Regular User

get a M3!!!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 02:53 AM   #7
NYCHonda
Regular User

Well, I must say that the X5 looks better than the Cayenne but damn the Cayenne turbo's performance is just unbelievable and being a fast car lover myself, my choice would go for the Cayenne.
NYCHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:02 AM   #8
possessed_beaver
Regular User

and it weighs over 2 tonne!!
yeh very impressive, and it's a porche so it has the reputation and the reliability!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:05 AM   #9
hockeyphreak1
Regular User

As 359 said, its all about preference and intended use. The X5 is not intended for off road use as the cayenne is. The cayanne has much better off road capability, and its handling and high speed stability surpases the X5. Power is more expeensive in the porsche however. Outrunning the BMW sraight line is going to cost 89,000 us dollars. In terms of non linear performance, the porsche will take the BMW and own it. But the cayenne is not nearly as sporty looking, and it has a VERY small trunk and backseat for an SUV. If money is not an issue, get a cayenne turbo, lose a little trunk space and styling, and beat the BMW in every category. If it is (more likely it is), assess the usefulness for each car's advantages. Look at the details such as included maintenance and the cost of options. Give more points to the car that wins the categories most important to you. Good luck, becuase its a difficult choice i am glad i don't have to make. Either way, you'll end up with a great SUV in the end, regardles of choice.

- Robert
hockeyphreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:35 AM   #10
PATo355
Regular User

Cayenne , why ? Its a Porsche and its loaded with all the fucking tech that you would ever want , JClarkson said its the best SUV in the world , the problem is the looks , some loves it , some hates it

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 06:02 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

IMO it depends.. if you are going for the top of the range, well, Cayenne all the way... if the Cayenne to be considered is the V6, not so sure... BTW, at 18 years old it's a strange choice.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:56 AM   #12
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

BTW, at 18 years old it's a strange choice.
I agree...I'd get an M3 if I had the money to buy one...on the Cayenne vs X5...I'd get an Infiniti FX45...love the looks and great performance...of course off-road wise not compared to the Cayenne, but if you want it just for road...then I'd get the FX45...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #13
BMW-M-Power
Regular User

If I were to choose between Cayenne and X5, I'd chose the X5 4.6iS. The reason that I actually chose the BMW is because it's quick(just as the Cayenne), but the X5 has something the Cayenne lacks; exterior design. If someone of you people watched the Tp Gear episode where Jeremy tests the Cayennes 4x4 abilities, then you might've noticed that he ditched the car at the end because it was so boring exterior-wise. I quote Jeremy:
The Cayenne has a sex-appeal of a Camel

* picture removed by TT *

Beautiful
Masterpieces on
Wheels
BMW-M-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:21 PM   #14
abarth
Regular User

i think that bmw is better because cayenne costs a lot and it's not a real porsche it's a wv tuareg with differnt engine. porsche spirit is only in 911

my favourites:
1 ferrari enzo
2 ferrari 360 challenge stradale
3 lamborghini miura
4 lamborghini diablo se30
5 porsche carrera gt
abarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:22 PM   #15
Sachmo12345
Regular User

get a Cayenne Turbo

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345