Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-07-2004, 06:11 AM   #1
Ziploc

Default TOP GEAR & KOENINGSEGG

Does anyone know if a tv show or magazina tested the KOENINGSEGG against an enzo, mclaren and a zonda in a drag race. i want to know which one would do a quarter mile first.

where is tiff nedell. He's the best driver and tv show host that ever came across top gear. I dont mind J clarkson, but these new young idiots they have on the show are boring and can't even drive. The Best day of TOP GEAR were around 98, when they had TIff and Vicky testing all the cool stuff.

I live in middle east, so i get the BBC WORLD CHANNEL. Despite the its name "World" that channel has nothing to do with the world. Half the show are about INDIA and indian politics, who cares !!!

once they said: "Top Gear after the news",.... so i waited for the news to finish and then instead of TG, they put some wierd Indian Talk show, dicussing the number of tree leaves in india (or something like that.) i tried finding a tv schedule to see when they put TG, but i never found such a thing.

ANYWAY bbc should be sued for their stupidity and lack of respect for foreign audience who want to watch proper shows about the entire world and not just india.

now im forced to download top gear episodes from kazaa at pathetic speeds
Old 02-07-2004, 06:27 AM   #2
666fast
Regular User

OK, I CAN'T HELP YOU WITH THE DRAG RACE THING. BUT I CAN TELL YOU THERE WAS NO NEED TO MAKE YOUR FONT HUGE.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:32 AM   #3
cho_888
Regular User

lol, yeah there has been no drag as of yet.. but yes i live in Australia and i have the same dam BBC problem. My advice, live with it and become a regular a jabbas world. adn yes you dont have to shout it
Old 02-07-2004, 06:36 AM   #4
Ziploc

Default font

Originally Posted by 666fast
OK, I CAN'T HELP YOU WITH THE DRAG RACE THING. BUT I CAN TELL YOU THERE WAS NO NEED TO MAKE YOUR FONT HUGE.

sorry about the font. i didnt know it would be this big.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:39 AM   #5
Ziploc

one question. how do u get those yellow horses under your name and the middleweight titles.
thank
Old 02-07-2004, 06:50 AM   #6
®™▪▪Łчяί
Regular User

to get the 'yellow horses' you have to send posts regurlaly i think

Sniff...Sniff I Cant Get That Car Sniff...Sniff...

It's So Good Its Better Than Any Current Ferrari(Lambo Murcielago), But Astonishingly It's not as Good as The Zonda, This is The New King Of SUPERCARS - Jeremy Clarkson
®™▪▪Łчяί is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 06:58 AM   #7
cho_888
Regular User

yeah mates, it takes ages of devotion to get horses like these
Old 02-07-2004, 10:13 AM   #8
adlinyusman
Regular User

yeah u need a lot of devotion!

adlinyusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:45 AM   #9
callen
Regular User

one horse - 50 posts. two horses-100 three-250 four-500? i dunno im not there yet! hehe
Old 02-07-2004, 10:51 AM   #10
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I think the Konigsegg would win in a drag race. It has the best power/weight ratio out there, and apparently the best aerodynamics. Also, none of those cars are geared for drag racing...let's not even talk about the stiff suspension!
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #11
kteo2003
Regular User

i think that exists a dvd where all top cars are tested by martin brundle...i am not sure but the name of the dvd was greatest cars...this guy tests in track which of the following cars(murcielago,zondac112s,enzo,F40,koenninggsegg, lamborgini diablo gt,mclaren F1,buggatti e110,tvr,and other great cars) is the fastest buti dont think that does any drag race....
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:04 PM   #12
jasc
Regular User

I don't know if they drag race them, but Evo (November 2003) does a head on comparison of the Enzo, Koenigsegg, and Pagani. Why is there so much interest in straight line acceleration? The Zonda is down 100hp on the other two and I'm pretty sure it posts faster lap times. Cars weren't meant for straight line sprints; except when bragging rights are involved. The photography accompanying the article is excellent. Read the article if you want a comparison of more than quarter-mile times. You can probably trust that the manufacturers posted their numbers under optimal wind/road conditions and they abused the clutches. I don't think any magazine/DVD can match the manufacturers' claims, so just compare those. They were probably conducted under virtually the same conditions.
jasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #13
snacky
Regular User

Default Re: TOP GEAR & KOENINGSEGG

Originally Posted by ame
ANYWAY bbc should be sued for their stupidity and lack of respect for foreign audience
sued?! are you really american?!
Old 02-07-2004, 01:37 PM   #14
skituner
Regular User

everyone go to the BBC WORLD website and request the top is played on it. IF alot of people do they might just do it
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:38 PM   #15
skituner
Regular User

top gear my bad
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote