Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 08-26-2004, 11:04 PM   #16
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by vexor
sigh... guys just rent the game when it comes out and see how much better it is than GT3 or 4.

btw does GT4 have damadge?
well considering I can do that and not have to pay for it before it comes out I will be doing that but not the other games that WILL be better coming out at the same time.
Benefits of working at Blockbuster Part Time.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:13 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

sigh... guys just rent the game when it comes out and see how much better it is than GT3 or 4.

I already know.

It has no wheel support, so it is meant to be played lazing on the couch on the big screen TV - a social arcade game..

GT3 and 4 are for more serious sit-up-and-drive folks..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:18 PM   #18
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

I already know.

It has no wheel support, so it is meant to be played lazing on the couch on the big screen TV - a social arcade game..

True but sometimes I don't want to use the wheel either for GT3 but if you want to you can that's the point, you have a choice. With Xbox you have the choice of an Xbox controller or an Xbox controller S
Old 08-26-2004, 11:19 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Originally Posted by RC45

I already know.

True but sometimes I don't want to use the wheel either for GT3 but if you want to you can that's the point, you have a choice. With Xbox you have the choice of an Xbox controller or an Xbox controller S
Very true... it's all about the choice man... the choice..
Old 08-26-2004, 11:31 PM   #20
FordGTGuy

its social and its a sit-up and racing game to me thats a sim. Its not Arcadey at all where do you get that? It has better physics and understandment of realistic car controls, limits, and capabilities. The AI learns how you race and fixes your mistakes down to the track, lap, turn, angle, and even weather then it adds the car capabilities to make it very hard. The AI has 10 settings of difficulties and depending on the difficulty the harder the more money you get for winning. Theirs so much about this game it would take me forever and 10 pages to tell you everything.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:47 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by FordGTGuy
its social and its a sit-up and racing game to me thats a sim. Its not Arcadey at all where do you get that? It has better physics and understandment of realistic car controls, limits, and capabilities. The AI learns how you race and fixes your mistakes down to the track, lap, turn, angle, and even weather then it adds the car capabilities to make it very hard. The AI has 10 settings of difficulties and depending on the difficulty the harder the more money you get for winning. Theirs so much about this game it would take me forever and 10 pages to tell you everything.
Exactly - way too much shit

GT4 is the perfect evolution of GT3...

Forza sounds like Everquest with cars.. Way too much in the wrong areas.

Besides - even though I make a living supporting Micro$haft Software based solutions - I don't mind the way Micro$haft take a winning concept - try bastardize it and then flood the market place so that their new crap becomes the standard - unless it is something I enjoy..

Forza will look good, sound good - but play like shit...
Old 08-26-2004, 11:49 PM   #22
FordGTGuy

ummmmm whats up with RC??????
Old 08-27-2004, 07:05 AM   #23
gis
Regular User

just watched the video,IMO it sounds impressive.as long as u donr HAVE to put bodykits on to do better in the game ill be happy

big question is though that everyone is saying........better than GT4? hmmm,could be interesting to find out

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:59 PM   #24
FordGTGuy

RC give the game a chance man your just calling the thing off like it was PGR3. The game will be better just not in sales or loyality just like Madden and ESPN 2k5.

gis bodykits will not make the car faster you ass you can prob get lighter than the ones you start off with or prob just rip the damn things off.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:02 PM   #25
T-Bird
Regular User

wow he was referring to NFS Underground with the bodykits it was sarcastic.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #26
FordGTGuy

I know T-bird are you serious omfg thats dumb your telling me that the bodykits on NFSU make you faster hah now thats something to laugh at.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #27
T-Bird
Regular User

no but you do need them to advance through the game with reputation points.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:25 PM   #28
FordGTGuy

omfg what stupid shit I always thought that game of a rice racer.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:41 PM   #29
vexor
Regular User

Does GT4 have online play like xbox Live?

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:13 PM   #30
T-Bird
Regular User

yeah it should have it when it comes out.