Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-15-2004, 01:50 AM   #1
markus
Regular User

Default The Ferrari of this season

I have a question for you - what do you think of this year's Ferrari? Schumacher won all the races except of the one in Monte Carlo, therefore it might be argued that it will be the most succesfull Ferrari ever. But I don't think so. Ferrari showed us all in a number of ocasions that it is not the most performant car of the field. Yes, it always gets good qualifying times, but in the race the situation is somewhat different. The fact that Ross Brawn had to decide to make a four pit-stop strategy in a race and a two pit-stop strategy in the next race, while everybody else was doing a conservative three pit-stops shows us how Ferrari has to navigate through different strategies to get the most out of a car that it's not perfect. What do you think? For Ferrari is it a matter of putting Schumacher's foot down on the gas pedal, or is it more than that?
markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:43 AM   #2
Toronto
Regular User

don't really know whay you are asking, schumi is a great driver, and ferrari have a great team,
ferrari isn't the only team schumi has won with so you can't say that Schumacher is only winning because he has the best car on the track and best team to back him up, it is a little of both,
good driving + good team +good car = Ferrari 2004 champs
Old 08-15-2004, 03:45 AM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Shit. I thought Im the only person in Canada still awake.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:09 AM   #4
Toronto
Regular User

well i went to a couple of clubs and bars, then to a girls house, then i came home and noticed that i wouldn't be up in time to watch the f1 race a 7:30 so i decided to sleep after the race
Old 08-15-2004, 11:34 AM   #5
caugb
Regular User

The way it was today in Hungary, probably you slept DURING the race, not AFTER it.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:48 PM   #6
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by caugb
The way it was today in Hungary, probably you slept DURING the race, not AFTER it.
Yeah it was a real processional race with minimal overtaking.

Ferrari win the Constructors championship for the 14th time with the 1-2 Ferrari finish. Michael is 38 pts ahead of Rubens and can clinch the championship in the next race as I had predicted sometime back. All he needs is to finish 3 pts ahead of Rubens....

Michael drove phenomenally well today. He and Barrichello were on similar strategies and yet he finished 16 secs ahead of him in the end. He started with an extra lap of fuel over Barrichello and still outqualified him by 0.35 secs. And despite that he was pulling away from Barrichello right from the beginning.

I feel sad for Rubens who drove reasonably well but has been decimated by Michael everywhere. In my humble opinion this is the most dominant driving from Micahel that I have ever seen

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:36 AM   #7
chipanggo
Regular User

they have the best overall package, from the team, the drivers, the crew, the car. they simply do the most of what they have.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:16 AM   #8
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Name a hungarian race that has been exciting? If any track needs to get the boot its this one. It was great historically to watch Schumie and Rubens win the Contructors Championship title but other than that nothing really happened.
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:11 PM   #9
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by chipanggo
they have the best overall package, from the team, the drivers, the crew, the car. they simply do the most of what they have.
Agreed. this is why they're so dominant. They haven't arguarbly got the best car, drivers, team etc but when you put it all together, they just can't be beaten
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote