Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-05-2004, 08:32 AM   #1
TopGearNL
Regular User

Default Should Zandvoort Become A F1 GrandPrix Track again?

I created this topic because today the DTM was driven at Zandvoort and I was there, now I go to Hockenheim and Spa every year to visit the GrandPrix and would like to see Zandvoort become a track once again were I can see the F1. Does anyone disagree or agree or has a comment, please say so, I would like to know your opinion aswell

Zandvoort:
TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 08:38 AM   #2
mindgam3
Regular User

I'm not sure about zandvoort, but we've seen more tracks being added to the calender this year and definately the more races in the season the better, obviously theres a limt but i think theres still room to fit 3 or 4 more races in
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
I'm not sure about zandvoort, but we've seen more tracks being added to the calender this year and definately the more races in the season the better, obviously theres a limt but i think theres still room to fit 3 or 4 more races in
I think your absolutely right about that yes, but the thing is to me, I would just want to have a Dutch GrandPrix again, we have Zandvoort and Assen, but Assen is a MotoGP track, Zandvoort is better but sound regulations and other problems cause the stay away effect of Formula 1 there, sometimes Holland just sucks :x
TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:03 PM   #4
stradale
Regular User

I don't think it's ever going to happen for Zandvoort again. It's not just the strict noise regulations, but also the track itself (too narrow, too little run-off areas, paddock too small, not enough decent stands for the public etc.), the ban on tobacco advertising, the small market the Netherlands is from a worldwide perspective, the lack of decent infrastructure and the list goes on and on...

I'd love to have the Dutch GP back on the F1 calendar, but we have to be realistic.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:09 PM   #5
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Exactly.....thats the point...firstly some racetrack has to fulfill some safety requisites imposed by FIA in order to allow Formula 1 race...secondly...it seems that the formula 1 market (the formula 1 broadcast in every sense) is quite exploted in Europe, and as a result, the FIA is less strict to allow a formula 1 race outside Europe than Europe itself...thirdly...once the tobacco makes have got a lot of influence in the fomula 1 world.....and EU(European Union) is getting more and more strict about the antitobacco holding a formula 1 race is getting more and more difficult....if Zandvoort deserves a formula 1 race....ive never seen this racetrack on the TV and ive no opinion about this racetrack....anyway, IMO, id include the portuguese racetrack of Estoril for the Formula 1 once i love this racetrack, mostly the last and the first bends of this racetrack
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:30 AM   #6
sameerrao
Regular User

It is a fun circuit ... I enjoy driving it in Grand Prix Legends. Nice elevation changes.

The negatives are:
- too narrow and tight for overtaking
- limited run-off room ... negligble in some areas ... you need a lot more considering the F1 cars are way quicker than the DTM cars ....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
levensnevel
Regular User

No way,

1) It's location is a logistical nightmare, even worse than the British F1 venues
2) The circuit is unsuitable for the cornering speed of today's F1 cars. If you have seen
Peter Dumbreck's crash yesterday afternoon during the DTM race you know what I mean.

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote