Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-11-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
Toronto
Regular User

Default ***2004 Hungarian GP -Preview***

I think Renault has a good chance of both their drivers finishing high in the points (mayb even beating shumi?)

Predictions Shumi to win, Alonso 2nd, Barrichello 3rd, Trulli 4th
kimi out, button "messes" up and gets 5th

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BAR
Jenson Button
"We should have similar competitiveness as we did at the German Grand Prix since the Hungaroring suits our car well. Budapest itself is a great city and the atmosphere during the Grand Prix weekend is fantastic as the fans are very supportive and enthusiastic. I am really looking forward to getting back in the car after the break, focusing on doing the best job possible for the team."

David Richards, Team Principal
"The entire team left Germany three weeks ago on an immense high, following what was without doubt the best race result in BAR's history. That race clearly underlined the fact that we had recovered our advantage over our immediate competitors and we can enjoy a very exciting fight in the remaining six races. The events of the past week came as a complete shock to the entire team, as one might expect. However, I have always acknowledged that we have an incredibly solid and professional team here and, despite their disappointment, they very quickly regrouped and got on with the job in hand, which is the next round of the Championship this weekend. I have no doubt whatsoever that they will carry their professionalism through to Hungary and the rest of the season. Whilst the contractual situation is being addressed, the team's immediate objective is to maintain our competitiveness and see a BAR driver back on the podium in Hungary on Sunday."

McLaren

Kimi Raikkonen"I always enjoy the Hungarian Grand Prix due to the great atmosphere that all the Finnish fans create. It is a long-standing tradition for thousands of them to attend the race so it is like a home grand prix for me, and hopefully we will be able to secure a good result in front of them. The Hungaroring is famed for its dusty surface and although this clears up from the racing line during the first couple of sessions, we have the problem of the dust and rubber marbles from the tyres off-line throughout the weekend. The track surface is fairly abrasive so there are usually quite a lot of marbles, and this makes it difficult to overtake because as soon as you go off the racing line the track is very slippery, but you just have to be particularly careful."

"The best places to make a move are the first and second corners, and also into the new turn 12, which was modified for last year's race. Because of the lack of grip and the need to use the kerbs a lot to get a good lap time, a balanced car is vital, which is a key area that has improved with MP4-19B."

from f1 live