Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 12-28-2003, 04:36 AM   #16
Britty
Regular User

Was reading the latest F1 racing and thus far looks like the one to beat....i'd say things would change though as soon as ferrari, williams and renault bring out there guns.....i'm a bit of a mclaren fan and i'm so hoping they break through this year....
Britty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:05 AM   #17
X-ale
Regular User

narrower design means less surface to be caught up in the wind thus more speed but also less cornering capabilities unless they found a way to produce even more downforce ... the tires & driver skill will mean evrything in 2004.
X-ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:27 PM   #18
nismo_mark
Regular User

I think the front wing looks pretty cool, but that thin nose is deffinatly not to my taste. You all know how this thing was meant to be the 2003 car but it failed a lot of its safety tests so it never got out? I reckon that thin nose might have a lot to do with it, it might not have had the strength to pass the frontal imapct tests the way they intialy designed it, what do you think?
nismo_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:38 PM   #19
antonioledesma
Regular User

I wouldn't say it's a radical design, it was time to see those curly wings. Besides that frontal wing isn't the only one that they are going to use.
Blessed aerodynamic engineers, the have made the cars a lot more faster, since that low blow the FIA gave the F1 with the grooved tyres.
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 06:45 PM   #20
jon_s
Regular User

Have you lot seen the Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:56 AM   #21
jon_s
Regular User

doh, there is a whole topic on this lol
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote